Windows 10: How to you delete obsolete email addresses in Windows Mail?

Discus and support How to you delete obsolete email addresses in Windows Mail? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a series of email addresses that are not associated with any contacts within Windows People. They are old email addresses that at one point... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NicholasCacchione, Feb 6, 2020.

1. How to you delete obsolete email addresses in Windows Mail?

I have a series of email addresses that are not associated with any contacts within Windows People. They are old email addresses that at one point were relevant but with people changing jobs and email providers, I don't need these email contacts any more.

Is there a way to get rid of these annoying items?

Thanks for you assistance in helping me resolve this issue.

:)

NicholasCacchione, Feb 6, 2020

2. How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 Mail

In Windows 10 mail, how do you delete an email address from the drop down list that pops up? I've got both outdated and incorrectly spelled email addresses that pop up. I've tried going in to People, but there's nothing there.

In Outlook it was possible, but now with Mail, hitting delete does nothing. Thanks for your help.

CindyBaudhuin, Feb 6, 2020
  3. How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 Mail

Hi Nyima Yonten , I do
    Agree with CindyBaudhu - (Issue not resolved).
    The obsolete contact do not appear in People app but lists in TO List as we type the name, for both obsolete and new entry. Unless one is careful not to choose the right email id, obsolete email id gets selected. for instance, shruthi.r(now obsolete) gets
    listed along with r.shruthi(renamed by company from shruthi.r), as the old email id already looked saved in outlook database somewhere(?) on the local hard drive(?). This obsolete older entry popping up in the TO Line writing new emails needs deletion. Is
    there a way I could do this ?

Sreekanth Mallela, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Jayzilla Win User

How to you delete obsolete email addresses in Windows Mail?

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

How to you delete obsolete email addresses in Windows Mail?

1. How to you delete obsolete email addresses in Windows Mail? - Similar Threads - delete obsolete email

2. Deleting obsolete contact email addresses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting obsolete contact email addresses: I have deleted out-of-date email addresses for my contacts in outlook.live.com but they still show up as options in the autocomplete both here and in the Windows app. For example, I now have 6 addresses to wade through on the autocomplete for my husband no delete buttons...
  3. Deleting obsolete contact email addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting obsolete contact email addresses: I have deleted out-of-date email addresses for my contacts in outlook.live.com but they still show up as options in the autocomplete both here and in the Windows app. For example, I now have 6 addresses to wade through on the autocomplete for my husband no delete buttons...
  4. Obsolete email address in Office 365 account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Obsolete email address in Office 365 account: I recently set up an Outlook.com account for my wife. Somehow in the process, it connected to an obsolete email address. When I add the Outlook email address to Outlook, it connects to and displays the old email address and connects to all the old data files. And the old...
  5. how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address

how-to-delete-an-obsolete-or-incorrect-email address: Has Microsoft found a solution to this problem: How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community ie stop names appearing in the 'To' field when writing an email? Thanks...
  6. How to delete old email addresses in Windows Mail

How to delete old email addresses in Windows Mail: When I start to type in the address bar in a new Mail email, various email addresses come up as suggestions, including email addresses that are no longer in use by the contact I'm writing to. I can't delete them from the contact's details because I've already changed the...
  7. Windows Mail -delete bogus email addresses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Mail -delete bogus email addresses: Windows Mail...a bunch of bogus addresses with my name try to attach to my outgoing mail. Can't find any way to remove them. They do not show up in my Contacts list but when I prepare an email they try to autofil the addresses I enter....
  8. how to delete an email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to delete an email address: How to delete email address in AOL mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-email-address/4de7f667-85f2-45e0-aea5-c14ef5be4845
  9. Obsolete addresses in Windows Mail TO: dropdown. NOIT OUTLOOK

Obsolete addresses in Windows Mail TO: dropdown. NOIT OUTLOOK: In Windows 10 mail, how do you delete an email address from the drop down list that pops up? I've got both outdated and incorrectly spelled email addresses that show in that drop down list. The incorrect addresses are NOT in the People app, and in some cases the addressee...
  10. How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 Mail #2 2019-March

How to delete an obsolete or incorrect email address in Windows 10 Mail #2 2019-March: This crap is still happening 2019 cannot delete hidden email address in the windows 10 built in app. If you Turn this off they disappear but never the less they are still in there with no way to delete!!! [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clean up address pick list for windows 10 mail