Windows 10: How verifyed publisher status makes an application safe?

Discus and support How verifyed publisher status makes an application safe? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've seen a post where someb****on because it had "Verified publisher" line in the installation prompt. But does it makes it trustworthy, h****t? And... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LD_918, Jan 15, 2020.

1. LD_918 Win User

How verifyed publisher status makes an application safe?

I've seen a post where someb****on because it had "Verified publisher" line in the installation prompt.

But does it makes it trustworthy, h****t?

And by the way I've seen infothat Classic Shell isn't that safe.

:)

LD_918, Jan 15, 2020

2. How to make publisher: unknown to verified

Hi,

I have created an installer from VS 2010. I have installer that as well, but whenever i run that app from its icon, it always show a window popup user account control with message "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to
    your PC", in this publisher: unknown. Please tell me how can i make it certified or verified by company name.

1 more question, is every time i click on app's icon, it will show the same window popup, even after verification.

Please provide the solution asap.

Thanks in advance.

SachinKaliraman, Jan 15, 2020
  3. How do I unblock a publisher in windows 10?

I have gone through the steps as suggested above BUT interestingly don't see an publisher listed under the "Untrusted Publishers" but still get the same error box as shared above.

Screenshot

I wonder why?

Tanveer Malik, Jan 15, 2020
  4. How verifyed publisher status makes an application safe?

Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

How verifyed publisher status makes an application safe?

1. How verifyed publisher status makes an application safe? - Similar Threads - verifyed publisher status

2. Cannot verify student status

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot verify student status: I am trying to verify my student status for my certification profile. however once i do type my university email and click on verify nothing happens and i recive no email back....
  3. Cannot verify student status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot verify student status: I am trying to verify my student status for my certification profile. however once i do type my university email and click on verify nothing happens and i recive no email back....
  4. Cannot verify student status

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Need Help Getting My Application Verified Publisher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Getting My Application Verified Publisher: Hello,I Just Created An Application [ VPN ] Native WinForms C# For Windows.When I Run It , It Shows Publisher : Unverified.How Do I Get My Application Publisher As Verified To Avoid The Popups...
  6. Need Help Getting My Application Verified Publisher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help Getting My Application Verified Publisher: Hello,I Just Created An Application [ VPN ] Native WinForms C# For Windows.When I Run It , It Shows Publisher : Unverified.How Do I Get My Application Publisher As Verified To Avoid The Popups...
  7. Need Help Getting My Application Verified Publisher

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to make all status bar icons for running applications show up in the status bar in all...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make all status bar icons for running applications show up in the status bar in all...: I'm pretty certain that title isn't clear.On a new laptop, using multiple desktops in Windows 10, when an application window is present in one desktop, the icon associated with that application shows up in the status bar. If I move to another desktop, which does not contain a...
  9. How does Windows 10 know if an application is from a verified publisher digital certificate...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How does Windows 10 know if an application is from a verified publisher digital certificate...: I have a VM and it has Windows 10 LTSC fresh install always offline without any updates, so last update is late 2018. I downloaded an application and checked inside the Windows 10 VM and somehow Windows knows it has a digital certificate timestamped from 2020 to 2024? how...
  10. Verify the files you publish and delete them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Verify the files you publish and delete them: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam Please tell me how I see if I have published files and how can I delete these files (DUBLED). Wait for response!. A good day!....