Windows 10: How verifyed publisher status makes an application safe?

Discus and support How verifyed publisher status makes an application safe? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've seen a post where someb****on because it had "Verified publisher" line in the installation prompt. But does it makes it trustworthy, h****t? And... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LD_918, Jan 15, 2020.

1. LD_918 Win User

How verifyed publisher status makes an application safe?

I've seen a post where someb****on because it had "Verified publisher" line in the installation prompt.

But does it makes it trustworthy, h****t?

And by the way I've seen infothat Classic Shell isn't that safe.

:)

LD_918, Jan 15, 2020

2. How to make publisher: unknown to verified

Hi,

I have created an installer from VS 2010. I have installer that as well, but whenever i run that app from its icon, it always show a window popup user account control with message "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to
    your PC", in this publisher: unknown. Please tell me how can i make it certified or verified by company name.

1 more question, is every time i click on app's icon, it will show the same window popup, even after verification.

Please provide the solution asap.

Thanks in advance.

SachinKaliraman, Jan 15, 2020
  3. How do I unblock a publisher in windows 10?

I have gone through the steps as suggested above BUT interestingly don't see an publisher listed under the "Untrusted Publishers" but still get the same error box as shared above.

Screenshot

I wonder why?

Tanveer Malik, Jan 15, 2020
  4. How verifyed publisher status makes an application safe?

Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

How verifyed publisher status makes an application safe?

1. How verifyed publisher status makes an application safe? - Similar Threads - verifyed publisher status

2. Are sketchbook, publisher Autodesk, inc, safe Programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are sketchbook, publisher Autodesk, inc, safe Programs?: is the above product safe? does windows approve before I start to use it. [Original Title: sketchbook, publisher Autodesk, inc,] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/are-sketchbook-publisher-autodesk-inc-safe/17e36850-3afc-4532-9cb8-1c53649a6fea
  3. Making W10 Safe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Making W10 Safe: Newbie here currently using Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Used W10 a while back but abandoned it. Here is why. I was trying to use my Amazon account and had trouble. Amazon found someone other than me tried to use my account. I had been hacked. After the tech at Amazon finished his work,...
  4. How to know "what" driver is trying to be installed in the "Can't verify publisher" windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to know "what" driver is trying to be installed in the "Can't verify publisher" windows...: When I reboot, I always get a "Windows Security" popup indicating that windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software. But, I can't find any indication of "what" driver is being referred to. All the help I can find assuming you already know what is trying to be...
  5. Windows can;t verify the publisher -but doesn't tell me what publisher

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows can;t verify the publisher -but doesn't tell me what publisher: I am running Windows 10. At random every few days, a Windows Security message pops up to let me know that "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software". The message gives absolutely no indication of the name of the publisher of the nature of the driver. I do...
  6. How to check status of an application installation on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to check status of an application installation on Windows 10?: I have an application exe file that does not appear to be completing the install process. How do I check the status of the installation process on a Windows 10 system?...
  7. CCleaner "status" as "safe to use"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CCleaner "status" as "safe to use"?: Hi. Not so long a go, Piriform/Avast had some serious issues with Free CCleaner (from user point of view) for e.g. forcibly running in the background, updating itself without user interaction etc. Now they seem to introduce some "Software Updater" functionality which I...
  8. Publish an asp.net web application to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Publish an asp.net web application to the internet: Hello, We have an asp.net application published locally on IIS in our work network with SQL Server 2012 as a database backend. I was asked to publish it online so it can be acccessible through the internet. I never done this before, could you please help me on how to...
  9. Verify Chrome Extension Is Safe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Verify Chrome Extension Is Safe: Hello, I have installed a Chrome extension to remove cache, cookies, etc when I start Chrome. Is there a way to verify if this Chrome extension is safe? Is there any scan I can run? Thanks....
  10. Verify the files you publish and delete them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Verify the files you publish and delete them: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam Please tell me how I see if I have published files and how can I delete these files (DUBLED). Wait for response!. A good day!....