Windows 10: How was this Windows Store app able to download adware to a Windows 10

Discus and support How was this Windows Store app able to download adware to a Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Apps from the Windows Store run in a highly restricted sandbox and have to be approved before they can be listed. So why was this app able to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, May 8, 2016.

1. Borg 386 Win User

How was this Windows Store app able to download adware to a Windows 10

How was Windows Store app able to download adware to a Windows 10 PC?

:)

Borg 386, May 8, 2016

2. Was a solution to this app store problem ever found?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

I suggest you to perform start up repair from Windows Recovery Environment. Follow the below procedure and check if it resolves the issue.

To get to Windows Startup Settings in the Windows Recovery Environment. You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If you don't have a disk or USB, download the ISO from a working computer and try creating a bootable disk or USB.

• If you can't start your PC, follow these instructions to get to the Windows Recovery Environment.

• Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer.

• If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the DVD or USB.

• When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click Repair your computer to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.

• Tap or click, advanced options and then click on Startup repair.

After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Windows 10 ISO file Download:

Download Windows 10

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Suvarna Govinda, May 8, 2016
  3. Phil057 Win User
    Was a solution to this app store problem ever found?

I
    How was this Windows Store app able to download adware to a Windows 10 [​IMG]

was just wondering if the missing app store issue was ever resolved. I tried all the normal fixes.

Phil057, May 8, 2016
Thema:

How was this Windows Store app able to download adware to a Windows 10

1. How was this Windows Store app able to download adware to a Windows 10 - Similar Threads - was Store app

2. Not Able to Download Kindle App from Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not Able to Download Kindle App from Store: I have purchased the Kindle app via the Microsoft store and am having trouble downloading the app. I get an error message when it attempts to acquire the licensing. I have cleared the Microsoft windows cache, but I still get the error....
  3. Not Able to Download Kindle App from Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Able to Download Kindle App from Store: I have purchased the Kindle app via the Microsoft store and am having trouble downloading the app. I get an error message when it attempts to acquire the licensing. I have cleared the Microsoft windows cache, but I still get the error....
  4. Not Able to Download Kindle App from Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store Not Able to Download Any Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Not Able to Download Any Apps: I was attempting to download the VP9 Video Extensions App to try and fix a program on my computer, when I encountered an issue with the Microsoft Store. At first the download button itself was missing, but after going through the process of stopping and restarting the...
  6. Not Able to Download Kindle App from Store

Not Able to Download Kindle App from Store: I am wanting to download the Kindle app from the Microsoft Store. When I go to the page where you download it, it says it's already on my device. I looked in my Windows menu and it's not there. The Store won't let me install it. What do I do? Windows 10 latest version....
  7. Microsoft Store not being able to download apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not being able to download apps.: So I am for some reason not able to download anything of the store. It just pauses while downloading. I'll post a screenshot if that can help. This has been happening since my mom made accounts for my brother and I. Also, an error code pops up, something like 0x860000000....
  8. Windows not updating and not able to download any app from windows store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not updating and not able to download any app from windows store: Windows not updating and not able to download any app from windows store [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-not-updating-and-not-able-to-download-any/01b3b632-f9a3-4703-8f0c-779df061d4fb
  9. Windows Store not able to Download Anything

Windows Store not able to Download Anything: Recently, I have decided to activate my Minecraft Windows 10 Edition key. After that, I initiated the download, but found that after some time I would get a notification in the corner saying that Minecraft had failed to install and was retrying immediately. After several...
  10. How was Windows Store app able to download adware to a Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 News
    How was Windows Store app able to download adware to a Windows 10 PC?: Apps from the Windows Store run in a highly restricted sandbox and have to be approved before they can be listed. So why was this app able to automatically download an executable file that multiple virus scanners identified as potentially dangerous? One of the biggest...