Windows 10: How We Can Transform a Child account To Adult account?

Discus and support How We Can Transform a Child account To Adult account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How? As Before We Upgrade to Windows 10... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LeoKids, Dec 12, 2018.

1. LeoKids Win User

How We Can Transform a Child account To Adult account?

How? As Before We Upgrade to Windows 10

:)

LeoKids, Dec 12, 2018

2. Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Does a child account automatically become an adult account?

How does a child account become a normal adult account? Is this something that happens automatically at a certain age? Or do I as head family account holder have to initiate something?

The reason I ask is because trying to use Edge on a child account is proving tiresome. Despite deleting my son's child account and re-creating it we are launching Edge and it is taking from anywhere between 10 seconds to a minute to become usable. When I say useable I mean the ability to surf, the actual browser is launched and you can go into settings etc BUT no web pages will load despite even typing web addresses in. It's as if Edge is waiting for MS server side to give it some kind of approval before it will allow any web activity. Once it's up and running it's fine but closing the browser session and relaunching Edge will bring back the long delay. Our adult accounts have no such issue using edge. Trying Mozilla Firefox on the child account also poses no such problems. We have no child restrictions setup online for the child account. So really he should be able to use Edge freely. But I feel the activity monitoring is somehow stifling the ability to use Edge.

If it doesn't improve I feel like abandoning the child account and just having him use an adult account instead. At least then Edge will start working quicker. But how does one convert child account to adult account. Or do we have to wait several years for his age to tick over?

Cheers,
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

converting adult account to child account

Hi,

We would like to verify some information so we can properly isolate the issue.

• Have you converted the existing adult account to a child account before trying to create a new one?
    • Or, were you on the process of converting the adult account to a child account when you got the error message?
    We will wait for your reply.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

1. How We Can Transform a Child account To Adult account? - Similar Threads - Transform Child account

2. Child account for an Adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account for an Adult: I was an idiot in 2018 when I created my Microsoft account and put my date of birth as the year I bought the laptop instead of the year of my actual birth in my haste to log into my pc. Now with the family settings and my account as a child account I cannot use it. My partner...
  3. Child account for an Adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account for an Adult: I was an idiot in 2018 when I created my Microsoft account and put my date of birth as the year I bought the laptop instead of the year of my actual birth in my haste to log into my pc. Now with the family settings and my account as a child account I cannot use it. My partner...
  4. Child account for an Adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Converting child account to adult account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting child account to adult account: My daughter turned 18 a few weeks ago. Her account had been.a child account. After turning 18, all the content filtering and child restrictions still applied to her account.We tried various suggestions from community discussions to try to fix this problem. None of them...
  6. Adult account displays as child account

Adult account displays as child account: Hi. I'd like to ask someone for help with Windows 10 and a new account creation.I need to add two accounts - for my wife and for my daughter. Daughter's account is set as a child account, and that's correct.But when I try to add another account for my wife, she is also added...
  7. Adult account displays as child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adult account displays as child account: Hi. I'd like to ask someone for help with Windows 10 and a new account creation.I need to add two accounts - for my wife and for my daughter. Daughter's account is set as a child account, and that's correct.But when I try to add another account for my wife, she is also added...
  8. How to turn an adult account to a child account

How to turn an adult account to a child account: Hi there Microsoft! 1 year ago, I bought a Xbox for my son. He wanted to play with his friends so I made an account for him. How can I turn an adult account to a child account. Also if it is possible I would like to supervise my child....
  9. Child account to Adult?

Child account to Adult?: Hi, I am trying to attach my Xbox account to my Epic Games account for my Rocket League rewards, but it won't let me. After contacting Rocket League's support team, they told me the error code I am receiving is related to my account being a child account. My birthday is...
  10. How to change a child account to an adult account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change a child account to an adult account?: My account is set as a child account and i want to change it to an adult account but i don't know how. On other posts i saw you have to wait till the birth date is 18+ or something but it is set as the year 1979. Btw i play on pc not xbox 360 or one. Please help!...