Windows 10: How well does Windows support Ext4?

Discus and support How well does Windows support Ext4? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My current setup is: as SSD(Ext4) on 120 gb to root as SSD(Ext4) on 240 gb for games as SSD(Ext4) on 500 gb for videos and documents My gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/beer118, Jun 16, 2020.

1. How well does Windows support Ext4?

My current setup is:

as SSD(Ext4) on 120 gb to root

as SSD(Ext4) on 240 gb for games

as SSD(Ext4) on 500 gb for videos and documents

My gaming SSD seems a bit small and I am thinking of replacing it. That means I will have a spare SSD that I am planning to install Windows on. But my question is: Does Windows support ext4 well enough so I can access my videos and documents on the other drive?

submitted by /u/beer118
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/beer118, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Winfried Win User

Windows backup application that supports EXT4?

Hello

My question isn't specific to Windows 10, but this forum has a lot of traction so I figured I could ask here.

I run an automated backup job every day to copy files from my main drive to a second drive in the same computer.
    I got hit recently by ransomware, which encrypted files on both disks. Thankfully, I had a backup on another drive that was recently disconnected so didn't lose important files.

As a cheaper alternative to getting a NAS to run eg. rsync between Windows and the NASI was thinking of…
    • partitioning the second drive as EXT4
    • running a Windows backup application that can access EXT4 partitions natively, so that the partition would still be off-limit to Windows

Is there such a thing?

Thank you.

Winfried, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Nobody99 Win User

How well does Windows support Ext4?

Android 5.1: EXT4 not supported on microSD card

When I bought new microSD card I presumed that Android 5.1 at least supported NTFS or exFAT filesystem but it turned out it doesn't.

I succesfully enabled NTFS support for SD card with Paragon exFAT, NTFS & HFS+, but the problem was that it was seperated from the system and that meant that it didn't work if the phone was connected as MTP device.

So I turned to EXT4 but Android reports that SD card is damaged and it doesn't work inside the OS. But it does work inside the TWRP recovery and it shows up on end device when I enable MTP connection in TWRP.

EXT4 was really my last play to be able to support files which are greater than 4 GB on my SD card. Is anyone using EXT4 on their SD card successfully?

Nobody99, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

How well does Windows support Ext4?

1. How well does Windows support Ext4? - Similar Threads - does support Ext4

2. Windows subsystem for Android is not well to support ipv6 connections.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows subsystem for Android is not well to support ipv6 connections.: Hi, every MS magaments,Last year, you commitment the Windows subsystem for Android is well supported ipv6 connections, I am very enthusized for your decision, but until updated the last version of the WSA, it is NOT well to support ipv6 connections. The connection for the WSA...
  3. Reading an EXT4 formatted usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reading an EXT4 formatted usb: I have a EXT4 formatted from Kubuntu usb drive and Windows 11 fails to read it. Have read quite a few articles and attempted to install/use WSL2 to mount the usb, but no go.Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎16/‎01/‎2023OS build 19045.2846Experience Windows...
  4. Reading an EXT4 formatted usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reading an EXT4 formatted usb: I have a EXT4 formatted from Kubuntu usb drive and Windows 11 fails to read it. Have read quite a few articles and attempted to install/use WSL2 to mount the usb, but no go.Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎16/‎01/‎2023OS build 19045.2846Experience Windows...
  5. Reading an EXT4 formatted usb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Keyboard does not function well.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard does not function well.: Keyboard does not function well most of the time. I need to update windows or update keyboard driver before I can use it. After I shutdown the computer and use it again the next day. Keyboard does not function well again so I need to update keyboard driver again. Every time I...
  7. does not install windows 10 as well

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    does not install windows 10 as well: dear sir, I have upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 home but not be installed all feature of windows 10 like windows administrative tools etc. it is working as windows 8.1 yet & no came any changes. its all feature are of windows 8.1 & no changes. please provide...
  8. Things Windows 10 does well

in Windows 10 Support
    Things Windows 10 does well: Hi, I used every version of Windows so far. Yes, even 1 and 2, although they were mostly curiosities and not actually usable. And I also used just about any other OS. But I cannot think of a single thing Windows 10 does well. I have been a programmer / project leader by...
  9. How to read Ext4 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to read Ext4 in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Ext4 or Extended Files System version 4 is the file system for Linux. If you have a Windows 10 + Linux dual boot or have a hard drive formatted it in Ext4, how do you read in Windows 10? While Linux [...] This post How to read Ext4 in Windows 10 is from...
  10. Windows backup application that supports EXT4?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows backup application that supports EXT4?: Hello My question isn't specific to Windows 10, but this forum has a lot of traction so I figured I could ask here. I run an automated backup job every day to copy files from my main drive to a second drive in the same computer. I got hit recently by ransomware, which...