Windows 10: How well would windows 10 run on my laptop?

Discus and support How well would windows 10 run on my laptop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HP Pavilion 17 e098nr AMD A4-5000 Quad Core(4 CPUs) ~1.5GHz 4GB RAM Radeon HD 8330 500GB Does it give better performance than windows 8.1? I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andrew84, Oct 21, 2015.

1. andrew84 Win User

How well would windows 10 run on my laptop?

HP Pavilion 17 e098nr
    AMD A4-5000 Quad Core(4 CPUs) ~1.5GHz
    4GB RAM
    Radeon HD 8330
    500GB

Does it give better performance than windows 8.1? I'm using windows 8.1 now and it doesn't run great all the time when using multiple browsers on laptop screen and HDMi to my tele screen.

:)

andrew84, Oct 21, 2015

2. i have a retail copy of windows 10 that i want to share with my new build

how well would I be able to run the would be keyless laptop with windows 10?

masonguerdette, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Nax31 Win User
    Windows 10: My upgrade is not running well.

Hi! I did the upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 on a HP pavilion dv6. It was running well but suddenly it began to refresh the screen every two seconds. I tried starting on a clean environment, uninstalling the antivirus software, but none of that worked.
    Whwn intalling updates i got this error message:

* Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538243) - Error 0x80070643

*Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074678) - Error 0x80004005

Hope someone knows how to fix this. Thank you in advance. Maybe this video explains better my question. (Sorry for the music)

OneDrive

Nax31, Oct 21, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Every computer I have upgraded to Windows 10 has seen a performance improvement - ESPECIALLY the lower powered ones that were slugs on Windows 8.1

NavyLCDR, Oct 21, 2015
  5. andrew84 Win User
    Thanks, good to know that.
    What are your HP pavilion specs?

andrew84, Oct 21, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    dv7-6113cl
    Processor AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
    Adapter Description AMD Radeon HD 6520G
    500 GB

So, lower processor speed, older Video card, 2.0 GB more RAM. Windows 10 runs fantastic on my laptop.

NavyLCDR, Oct 21, 2015
  7. bro67 Win User
    4 Gig of RAM and multiple browsers, of course you are going to have the machine bog down when trying to do stuff. I have 12 Gig of RAM in my wife's laptop and have had no slow downs. It actually runs faster on 10 then it did on 8.

bro67, Oct 21, 2015
  8. andrew84 Win User

How much faster would my laptop run if i upgraded to 8GB and a SSD?

andrew84, Oct 21, 2015
  9. linw Win User
    The SSD would improve responsiveness a lot, particularly if your current HDD is a 5400 rpm one.

linw, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How well would windows 10 run on my laptop? - Similar Threads - run laptop

2. My laptop running on windows 10, suddenly doesn't connect to the wifi, wouldn’t let me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop running on windows 10, suddenly doesn't connect to the wifi, wouldn’t let me...: i have access to my microsoft account form my phone. I tried trouble shooting, reset windows and the confirmation page asks me for my password which i just change and it still said incorrect password...
  3. My laptop running on windows 10, suddenly doesn't connect to the wifi, wouldn’t let me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop running on windows 10, suddenly doesn't connect to the wifi, wouldn’t let me...: i have access to my microsoft account form my phone. I tried trouble shooting, reset windows and the confirmation page asks me for my password which i just change and it still said incorrect password...
  4. My laptop running on windows 10, suddenly doesn't connect to the wifi, wouldn’t let me...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hi my laptop runs on windows 11,everytime i try to switch on wifi it freezes and displays...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi my laptop runs on windows 11,everytime i try to switch on wifi it freezes and displays...: Hi my laptop freezes everytime i try to connect a wifi and then displays the MSOD screen then restarts immediately ,what could be the issue?...
  6. Hi my laptop runs on windows 11,everytime i try to switch on wifi it freezes and displays...

Hi my laptop runs on windows 11,everytime i try to switch on wifi it freezes and displays...: Hi my laptop freezes everytime i try to connect a wifi and then displays the MSOD screen then restarts immediately ,what could be the issue?...
  7. I’m trying to run manor lords on my Dell latitude laptop but when I clicked on it it just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m trying to run manor lords on my Dell latitude laptop but when I clicked on it it just...: I was on my dough, latitude, laptop and I just bought this $30 game. I do not want my money to go to waste can somebody please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-run-manor-lords-on-my-dell-latitude/a098e3ff-6f33-470a-87ef-38eba1bb2d87
  8. I’m trying to run manor lords on my Dell latitude laptop but when I clicked on it it just...

I’m trying to run manor lords on my Dell latitude laptop but when I clicked on it it just...: I was on my dough, latitude, laptop and I just bought this $30 game. I do not want my money to go to waste can somebody please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-run-manor-lords-on-my-dell-latitude/a098e3ff-6f33-470a-87ef-38eba1bb2d87
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD. After restart, laptop freezes and is unresponsive when running...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD. After restart, laptop freezes and is unresponsive when running...: Got a BSOD and DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code. After force shutdown, laptop freezes and is unresponsive whenever playing games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dpcwatchdogviolation-bsod-after-restart-laptop/82dcdc6a-8a82-4666-bed4-f0bc11048179
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD. After restart, laptop freezes and is unresponsive when running...

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD. After restart, laptop freezes and is unresponsive when running...: Got a BSOD and DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code. After force shutdown, laptop freezes and is unresponsive whenever playing games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dpcwatchdogviolation-bsod-after-restart-laptop/82dcdc6a-8a82-4666-bed4-f0bc11048179