How/where can I verify the system specs for windows 10 on existing PC

Discus and support How/where can I verify the system specs for windows 10 on existing PC in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I am going to update an older PC but I'm getting windows error saying the video card is not compatible (ie. Nvidia has not updated the GS 7 series... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trinaz, Aug 1, 2015.

1. trinaz Win User

I am going to update an older PC but I'm getting windows error saying the video card is not compatible (ie. Nvidia has not updated the GS 7 series drivers for Win 10)

I have searched both Asus (motherboard) and Nvidia web sites for some kind of compatibility chart or listing but can find nothing ?

When I buy a new card and/or MB...how do I know if it's going to be comparable with 10. Sites like Egghead Software have no info whatever on Win 10 compatibility of offered video cards/MB's compatible with Win 10...etc ??

Thanks...TiminAz

:)

trinaz, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Martmcd Win User

Where can i find the RAM specs for the 32bit and the 64bit versions of windows 10?

the maximum ram that will be recognised is

32 bit versions - 4GB

64bit home -128GB

64bit pro - 512GB

Martmcd, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Shenan Stanley Win User
    Where can i find the RAM specs for the 32bit and the 64bit versions of windows 10?

It won't be less than Windows 8/7:

Memory Limits for Windows and Windows Server Releases (Windows)

As long as you go 64-bit (of course) - 16GB is not even going to make it blink twice.

[NOTE: I am sure that web page will be updated with the final release of Windows 10.]

Also - what does 'custom machines' have to do with '16GB of memory'?

A lot of non-custom systems are sold with that much memory today. I figure your larger concern - with custom machines - would be support for the OS for things like video, video capture, audio, networking, etc.

Shenan Stanley, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Guardian0982 Win User

I've been looking for a windows 10 compatibility listing for hardware and have found no such list. Microsoft has only given the minimum requirements needed for the hardware to be able to run the new OS. However I did read in another article that if your PC can run Windows 7, the oldest OS I'd go back to for reference, then you should be able to run Windows 10 just fine. To me, this statement is false as I've have been seeing users with GT 600 series graphic cards having a lot of issues, and if you're using multiple monitors or multiple graphics cards, be ready for some hiccups in that area as well. In my opinion, if your PC is, or if your PC has parts, that are more than 5 years old, I'd hold off on upgrading to Windows 10 until drivers and other common issues got sorted out. You'll probably start seeing new parts that are coming out in the next month or so to start saying Windows 10 certified or Windows 10 compatible.

Guardian0982, Aug 1, 2015
  5. MortTheBeast Win User
    What card do you have?

MortTheBeast, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How/where can I verify the system specs for windows 10 on existing PC - Similar Threads - where verify system

1. Where is EXIF data stored in an image file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is EXIF data stored in an image file?: Hello, There is often metadata stored with image files that are produced by digital cameras, things like camera model, GPS information, aperture size, whether the flash was on, etc. Where is this info stored? Is it in a header at the front of the file or a footer at the...
  2. Where to find those sections

in Windows 10 Support
    Where to find those sections: Hi, Could someone please point me where to find those sections or it hasn't been added yet.
  3. Where should I install microphone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where should I install microphone?: I went to set up Skype on my laptop and it says "No device found" for microphone. Neither is there anything under Control Panel > Sound - it says no audio devices are installed. [img] I did a clean install recently and there is nothing missing in device manager (no...
  4. Where can I find the specific driver I want to restore internet speed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where can I find the specific driver I want to restore internet speed?: We have 2 laptops with the same specifications as shown in my profile (Dell Inspiron). We recently had an issue with very slow internet, and having had the problem before I was able to fix it on one laptop by changing a setting on the Dell Wireless network adapter...
  5. Where the heck is windows backup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where the heck is windows backup?: where the heck is windows backup. I have Win 10 Home and cant find it? 111809
  6. KB3125574 or the SP 2 for Windows 7 where is the KB article?

in Windows 10 Support
    KB3125574 or the SP 2 for Windows 7 where is the KB article?: Hello, Windows 7 SP1 clean install I want to install KB3125574, the 'Convenience rollup update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1' Where is the KB article to follow the prerequisites? Can I have more instructions about installing the KB3125574 on Windows 7...
  7. Where get lowest priced windows 10 key?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where get lowest priced windows 10 key?: Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File) Where can I buy the lowest priced legal key which will activate windows 10 after installing from the iso? Thank you. 111570
How/where can I verify the system specs for windows 10 on existing PC solved