Windows 10: How/where can I verify the system specs for windows 10 on existing PC

Discus and support How/where can I verify the system specs for windows 10 on existing PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am going to update an older PC but I'm getting windows error saying the video card is not compatible (ie. Nvidia has not updated the GS 7 series... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trinaz, Aug 1, 2015.

1. trinaz Win User

How/where can I verify the system specs for windows 10 on existing PC

I am going to update an older PC but I'm getting windows error saying the video card is not compatible (ie. Nvidia has not updated the GS 7 series drivers for Win 10)

I have searched both Asus (motherboard) and Nvidia web sites for some kind of compatibility chart or listing but can find nothing ?

When I buy a new card and/or MB...how do I know if it's going to be comparable with 10. Sites like Egghead Software have no info whatever on Win 10 compatibility of offered video cards/MB's compatible with Win 10...etc ??

Thanks...TiminAz

:)

trinaz, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Martmcd Win User

Where can i find the RAM specs for the 32bit and the 64bit versions of windows 10?

the maximum ram that will be recognised is

32 bit versions - 4GB

64bit home -128GB

64bit pro - 512GB

Martmcd, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Where can i find the RAM specs for the 32bit and the 64bit versions of windows 10?

It won't be less than Windows 8/7:

Memory Limits for Windows and Windows Server Releases (Windows)

As long as you go 64-bit (of course) - 16GB is not even going to make it blink twice.

[NOTE: I am sure that web page will be updated with the final release of Windows 10.]

Also - what does 'custom machines' have to do with '16GB of memory'?

A lot of non-custom systems are sold with that much memory today. I figure your larger concern - with custom machines - would be support for the OS for things like video, video capture, audio, networking, etc.

Shenan Stanley, Aug 1, 2015
  4. How/where can I verify the system specs for windows 10 on existing PC

I've been looking for a windows 10 compatibility listing for hardware and have found no such list. Microsoft has only given the minimum requirements needed for the hardware to be able to run the new OS. However I did read in another article that if your PC can run Windows 7, the oldest OS I'd go back to for reference, then you should be able to run Windows 10 just fine. To me, this statement is false as I've have been seeing users with GT 600 series graphic cards having a lot of issues, and if you're using multiple monitors or multiple graphics cards, be ready for some hiccups in that area as well. In my opinion, if your PC is, or if your PC has parts, that are more than 5 years old, I'd hold off on upgrading to Windows 10 until drivers and other common issues got sorted out. You'll probably start seeing new parts that are coming out in the next month or so to start saying Windows 10 certified or Windows 10 compatible.

Guardian0982, Aug 1, 2015
  5. What card do you have?

MortTheBeast, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How/where can I verify the system specs for windows 10 on existing PC

1. How/where can I verify the system specs for windows 10 on existing PC - Similar Threads - where verify system

2. how do i verify that my installation package exists

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i verify that my installation package exists: computer is asking for this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-verify-that-my-installation-package/b4a39963-bb18-4908-8d6e-d6164abcc815
  3. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 with these specs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade to Windows 10 with these specs?: Since most people upgrade to Windows 10, I need your help.Should I upgrade Windows 10 with these specs?My PC's specsCPU: Intel Pentium E5300 Dual Core @2.6 GHz and x64 based processorRAM: 4GB DDR2 RAM I still use 2GB RAMGPU: Nvidia GeForce 210 512MB GDDR3OS: Windows 7...
  4. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 with these specs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I upgrade to Windows 10 with these specs?: Since most people upgrade to Windows 10, I need your help.Should I upgrade Windows 10 with these specs?My PC's specsCPU: Intel Pentium E5300 Dual Core @2.6 GHz and x64 based processorRAM: 4GB DDR2 RAM I still use 2GB RAMGPU: Nvidia GeForce 210 512MB GDDR3OS: Windows 7...
  5. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 with these specs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Where can I get / see the Specs for the "Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 version 1809"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where can I get / see the Specs for the "Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 version 1809": Hi, Where can I get / see the Specs for the "Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 version 1809" for example Maximum Memory size Thank you in advance...
  7. Where to find computer hardware specs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Where to find computer hardware specs in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you do not remember the model number of your motherboard, processor capacity, etc. or you want to find the hardware specifications of your computer, you can do not need to use any third-party software to find this information while [...] This post Where...
  8. Running Windows 10 on low spec systems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running Windows 10 on low spec systems: Anyone running 10 on a low spec machine? ( eg. Core 2 processors, and pre Windows 7 compliant) I'm keen to know how the performance keeps up after a few days, weeks etc. 11038
  9. How to Find out System Specs

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Find out System Specs: Hi, I'd like to know how to find out my system specs so I can have them to put in the 'My System Specs' menu*Smile 32706
  10. Change system specs

in Windows 10 Support
    Change system specs: I want to change my system specs as I have a new laptop to replace the old desktop. What is the best and simplest way to change. I did go into my old specs but failed to delete, And how would be the best way to get my new specs into the proper folder Many Thanks David. 98716