Windows 10: How will adding another hard drive affect my warranty?

Discus and support How will adding another hard drive affect my warranty? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; (Couldn't find the right category so I posted under a random one) I have the full Dell warranty for my laptop, with pro-support and covering damages.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anna_9898, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Anna_9898 Win User

How will adding another hard drive affect my warranty?

(Couldn't find the right category so I posted under a random one)

I have the full Dell warranty for my laptop, with pro-support and covering damages. I have been having some small problems with my laptop (some with the case, keyboard keys, and the headphone jack, and possibly wifi) and they wanted me to send it in to get the problems fixed and see if there are any other problems bc there is some physical damage (the headphone jack is cracked but still working).

When I first got my laptop I upgraded it with a 3rd party SSD, now I have 2 drives, an E and C drive (I don't think doing so caused any problems, my laptop is just getting old). So, will this upgrade void my warranty, or possibly cause any problems for me if I send it in?

I hope a Dell expert can help me on this, Thank You!

:)

Anna_9898, Oct 8, 2018

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Oct 8, 2018
  3. little cat, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Mathragh Win User

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. How will adding another hard drive affect my warranty? - Similar Threads - adding another hard

2. Does Adding Another Account Void Warranty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Adding Another Account Void Warranty?: Hi, i was wondering. Will my pc void warranty if i add another account or user in windows? my pc is lenovo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-adding-another-account-void-warranty/d33ee2a0-70d7-4e3f-a5be-72283e5b90cd
  3. Does Adding Another Account Void Warranty?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Adding Another Account Void Warranty?: Hi, i was wondering. Will my pc void warranty if i add another account or user in windows? my pc is lenovo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-adding-another-account-void-warranty/d33ee2a0-70d7-4e3f-a5be-72283e5b90cd
  4. After creating 32gb windows recovery drive, will adding another partition affect usability...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After creating 32gb windows recovery drive, will adding another partition affect usability...: After creating 32gb windows recovery drive, will adding another partition affect usability as a recovery drive The drive is 64gb total or larger, and the new partition would be there for current essentials like a pst file....
  5. After creating 32gb windows recovery drive, will adding another partition affect usability...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After creating 32gb windows recovery drive, will adding another partition affect usability...: After creating 32gb windows recovery drive, will adding another partition affect usability as a recovery drive The drive is 64gb total or larger, and the new partition would be there for current essentials like a pst file....
  6. After creating 32gb windows recovery drive, will adding another partition affect usability...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Added External hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Added External hard drive: I recently added an external hard drive to be able to download windows updates since the computer hard drive is so small. At first the windows only took a few GBs but now it is at almost 2 TBs. Why is it taking up so much space and how can I free up some of that space?...
  8. moving my hard drive into another laptop

moving my hard drive into another laptop: i have a toshiba 64 bit laptop and it is starting to go bad. i have a hp probook 6460b 64 bit that has not hard drive in it. so i took the drive out of the toshiba and put it into the hp and after it did it's thing telling me some hardware has changed and finally started up...
  9. Adding another hard disk

Adding another hard disk: Hello, Planning to remove a hard disk from my old computer and install it as third disk in the new computer for data only. It has on it the crippled windows 10. Before using it I have to wipe it clean (partition, format), but first when I turn on the computer, will it affect...
  10. Partitions added on hard drive

Partitions added on hard drive: I have updated both my laptop and desktop to windows 1803. The SSD on laptop has one additional partition added and my desktop HDD has three additional partitions added. Updated from 1709 to 1803. Both computers have EFI. Both computers work very good but why did 1803 add...