Windows 10: How will Microsoft inform users who are affected by the behind the scenes bug affecting...

Discus and support How will Microsoft inform users who are affected by the behind the scenes bug affecting... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After working with an online representative at Microsoft to address the fact that my camera is not working; she advised me that there is a bug that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Barbara 5650, May 19, 2020.

1. How will Microsoft inform users who are affected by the behind the scenes bug affecting...

After working with an online representative at Microsoft to address the fact that my camera is not working; she advised me that there is a bug that Microsoft's IT department is working on to fix the problem. It may not be your computer, but their software.

:)

Barbara 5650, May 19, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Synology Urges Users to Update as Ransomware Affects Older DSM Versions

Synology has been investigating and working with users affected by a recent ransomware called "SynoLocker." Synology has confirmed the ransomware affects Synology NAS servers running older versions of DiskStation Manager, by exploiting a vulnerability that was fixed in December, 2013, at which time Synology released patched software and notified users to update via various channels.

Affected users may encounter the following symptoms:
    • When attempting to log in to DSM, a screen appears informing users that data has been encrypted and a fee is required to unlock data.
    • Abnormally high CPU usage or a running process called "synosync" (which can be checked at Main Menu > Resource Monitor).
    • DSM 4.3-3810 or earlier; DSM 4.2-3236 or earlier; DSM 4.1-2851 or earlier; DSM 4.0-2257 or earlier is installed, but the system says no updates are available at Control Panel > DSM Update.
    For users who have encountered the above symptoms, please shutdown the system immediately to avoid more files from being encrypted and contact our technical support here. However, Synology is unable to decrypt files that have already been encrypted.
    For other users who have not encountered the above symptoms, Synology strongly recommend downloading and installing DSM 5.0, or any version below:
    • DSM 4.3-3827 or later
    • DSM 4.2-3243 or later
    • DSM 4.0-2259 or later
    • DSM 3.x or earlier is not affected
    Users can manually download the latest version from our Download Center and install it at Control Panel > DSM Update > Manual DSM Update.
    Synology sincerely apologizes for any problems or inconvenience this issue has caused our users. As cybercrime proliferates and increasingly sophisticated malware evolves, Synology continues to devote resources to mitigate threats and is dedicated to providing users with reliable solutions.

btarunr, May 19, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Color personalization affecting other users

Hi Arnie,

We would like to know more information about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any changes made before the issue started, like installing an updates?
    • Have you tried creating new local user? To check if it will have the same issue. Click

here
      on how to create new user.

We also suggest that you check for the latest Display driver, by following the steps from this

link

We are looking forward to your response.

Ryan Fra, May 19, 2020
  4. How will Microsoft inform users who are affected by the behind the scenes bug affecting...

Power Plan changes affecting Signon settings

We appreciate the update you've provided. We also suggest that you try to create a new user profile and use it on the computer for us to further isolate this case.

You may also provide the build of your computer, here are the steps to figure it out:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type Winver into the Run dialog.
    • Press Enter.
    We also recommend for you to run Fixit on the computer. Microsoft easy fix solutions can help diagnose and resolve issues for Microsoft products or third-party software that affects Microsoft products. Here's the
    link for you to run Fixit, since it is already pre-installed on your device.

Should you have any other queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

PreciousLeb, May 19, 2020
Thema:

How will Microsoft inform users who are affected by the behind the scenes bug affecting...

1. How will Microsoft inform users who are affected by the behind the scenes bug affecting... - Similar Threads - Microsoft inform users

2. My keyboard adds numbers behind letters and affects overall typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard adds numbers behind letters and affects overall typing: Hello,I've had this issue where when I type some letters and use the same function on the keyboard, it does more than I want. I shall put an alphabet and numbers list below to better understand the issue.Letters - Aa Bb Cc Dd Ee Ff Gg Hh Ii Jj Kk Ll M&m7 Nn Oo ?P/p Q!q1 Rr Ss...
  3. User Account affectiveness

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account affectiveness: I am using a live production program with Window 10 pro. Problem: If I use original accountcreated an account while install window10 pro, program runs very smooth. However, after switch to other user account the program is runs differentBad. It uses more CPU then the...
  4. Grainy? affect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Grainy? affect: So idk what the fuck is going on but if anyone has even a minor thing that would make this even a little better id like help submitted by /u/Aperture173 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mgoqew/grainy_affect/
  5. Volume level changes affect all users

Volume level changes affect all users: Is there a way to make it so changing the output volume on one account does not affect others? My wife and I use the same desktop and she prefers the volume much lower than me. Currently I have to change the volume back up each time she uses it. Is there a way to make it so...
  6. Microsoft is preparing a fix for a Windows 10 bug that affects SSDs

Microsoft is preparing a fix for a Windows 10 bug that affects SSDs: submitted by /u/CataclysmZA [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iipc8c/microsoft_is_preparing_a_fix_for_a_windows_10_bug/
  7. How to Change My User Information on my Wife's Computer Without Affecting My Computer

How to Change My User Information on my Wife's Computer Without Affecting My Computer: My wife’s computer’s hard drive was wiped clean while servicing Geek Squad but Microsoft Office was NOT reinstalled. Her User Name was npepsilight.com and her email addresses are*** Email address is removed for privacy *** and*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I...
  8. Restictions on user account affecting admin account

Restictions on user account affecting admin account: I have a user account for school and a separate admin account for home, and restrictions on my school account are on my admin account. I don't have the school account connected to my home account. Is it possible to stop this?...
  9. Microsoft is working to restore the Windows 10 activation for affected users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working to restore the Windows 10 activation for affected users: A few hours ago, we reported that a number of Windows 10 systems are being hit by a weird bug where the system loses its activation status. The bug in the question is not very widespread and it’s causing the systems to be listed as not activated. The number of users who are...
  10. Behind-the-scenes of the Windows 10 Creators Update Bug Bash

in Windows 10 News
    Behind-the-scenes of the Windows 10 Creators Update Bug Bash: Hi! My name is Anita George, and I am the leader of the two Bug Bashes for the Windows 10 Creators Update (the one in November 2016 and the one we just finished up in Feb). For this most recent Bug Bash, Windows Insiders completed approximately 108,900 Quests and submitted or...