Windows 10: How will the following games run on an HP Pavillion gaming laptop with the following specs?

Discus and support How will the following games run on an HP Pavillion gaming laptop with the following specs? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I think I might be getting an HP Pavillion gaming laptop for Christmas, and I am wondering how the following games will run. Here are the specs first:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CharlieWard1, Dec 3, 2018.

1. How will the following games run on an HP Pavillion gaming laptop with the following specs?

I think I might be getting an HP Pavillion gaming laptop for Christmas, and I am wondering how the following games will run. Here are the specs first:

- Intel Core i5 8th Generation 8300H with a processor speed of 2.3 GHz

- 8 GB of RAM (SDRAM)

- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Graphics

- Windows 10 Home

- 1 TB SATA hard drive instead of SSD (don't know if this matters)

And here are the games (and games like this) that I am wondering if/how they will run:

- Minecraft Java Edition (says 2.6 GHz is required, but it also says only an AMD Athlon 64 or Pentium D is required, so I'm confused)

- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

- Fortnite: Battle Royale (says i3 at 2.4 GHz, but I have would have an i5 at 2.3 GHz, so I'm confused)

Here is the website selling the laptop for more information - https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Pavilion-Gaming-Laptop-15-6-Full-HD-Intel-Core-i5-8300H-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-Graphics-1TB-HDD-8GB-SDRAM-15-cx0056wm/483750580?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=2238&adid=22222222227235910888&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=279302028857&wl4=pla-467362780728&wl5=9017521&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=483750580&wl13=2238&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQiAoo7gBRDuARIsANeJKUZR-lQnvYdw7cskGpEldhaL2snKixhe2zud0Cw4jWUfYnb8zvspsnEaAi7rEALw_wcB

Please look at all specs carefully before responding. Thanks!

:)

CharlieWard1, Dec 3, 2018

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Dec 3, 2018
  4. How will the following games run on an HP Pavillion gaming laptop with the following specs?

0xc000007b error while trying to run games

Hi,

One possible reason as to why you're encountering this concern is due to compatibility issues with the game and the Windows 10 PC. For us to determine the root cause, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you download the games from the Windows Store?
    • What are the games affected?

To find out if your Windows 10 PC meets the game requirements, kindly visit this

link
    and follow the steps on how to find out if a game will work on your Windows 10 PC.

If the same issue occurs after finding out that your device meets the game requirements, kindly perform the followings steps to run the games in compatibility mode:

• Press and hold (or right-click) the program, select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.
    • Select the Run compatibility troubleshooter to run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.

Catherine Cus., Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

How will the following games run on an HP Pavillion gaming laptop with the following specs?

1. How will the following games run on an HP Pavillion gaming laptop with the following specs? - Similar Threads - following games run

2. HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop stuck in infinite crash loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop stuck in infinite crash loop: I recently have accidentally installed windows 11 on my laptop and didn't want windows 11, so I went to the check for updates page, clicked advanced settings, and clicked on the go back button that's supposed to restore windows 10, and it was going fine, then on the loading...
  3. HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop stuck in infinite crash loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop stuck in infinite crash loop: I recently have accidentally installed windows 11 on my laptop and didn't want windows 11, so I went to the check for updates page, clicked advanced settings, and clicked on the go back button that's supposed to restore windows 10, and it was going fine, then on the loading...
  4. The following game: Bejeweled 3 won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The following game: Bejeweled 3 won't start: I've bought this game from Steam few months ago but unfortunately, I did not had some time play it for quite awhile. I thought to check it out yesterday and the game did loaded without any critical errors but then, when I play for like 1-10 minutes, the game got quitted by...
  5. HP Pavillion gaming 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavillion gaming 15: Hello, wondering if anyone can help me. Has my laptop for a couple years now and never had any issues at all, worked like a charm. Now over the last couple of weeks, it's got to the point its almost unusable. The laptop is now REALLY slow and doing pretty much anything;...
  6. HP Pavillion gaming 15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavillion gaming 15: Hello, wondering if anyone can help me. Has my laptop for a couple years now and never had any issues at all, worked like a charm. Now over the last couple of weeks, it's got to the point its almost unusable. The laptop is now REALLY slow and doing pretty much anything;...
  7. Game crashing followed by a BSOD repeatedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game crashing followed by a BSOD repeatedly: Hi everyone who's going to help or just assist me in the resolution of this problem. from a few days, I've been experiencing a lot of crashes and BSOD that always seem to come up the exact same way. I encounter no special error when using my laptop for daily tasks, but when...
  8. How will this HP Pavillion gaming laptop handle games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How will this HP Pavillion gaming laptop handle games?: I am pretty sure I am getting Walmart's new HP Pavillion gaming laptop for Christmas, and I was wondering how it will be able to run the following games. First off, here are the specs: Operating system: Windows 10 Home Processor: ****zvspsnEaAi7rEALw_wcB I am...
  9. will win 10 work in the following specs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    will win 10 work in the following specs?: I have a pentium dual core e5300 and g31m es2l motherboard. also i have 2gb ddr2 ram. I have dx 11 . can this run windows 10 pro or windows 10 home. If so will it be faster that windows 7 ultimate....
  10. What games can I run with these specs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What games can I run with these specs?: What games can I run with these specs? Playable games and I don't worry if I play at the lowest settings in game. Thanks!! [img] [img] PS : I know the driver date is old of the graphics lol , I will upgrade to version 15.33.36.64.4226 or to the latest version...