Windows 10: How Windows 10 X will dynamically change desktop wallpaper

Discus and support How Windows 10 X will dynamically change desktop wallpaper in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has not talked much about Windows 10 X after its unveiling in October of 2019, but rumours and leaks have revealed new details of Microsoft’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 1, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

How Windows 10 X will dynamically change desktop wallpaper

Microsoft has not talked much about Windows 10 X after its unveiling in October of 2019, but rumours and leaks have revealed new details of Microsoft’s modular operating system.

A report recently revealed that Windows 10 X might come with Apple’s macOS-like dynamic wallpaper feature. By default, Windows 10 X features a mountain view wallpaper and it will change depending on various factors including time and location.

Windows 10 X mountain view wallpaper has separate morning, afternoon, evening, and night look. Microsoft plans to offer a smooth transition, so if you travel to the United States from Europe or another part of the world, the wallpaper would change based on the device’s regional time.

How Windows 10 X will dynamically change desktop wallpaper Windows-10-dynamic-variation.jpg
    Mockup of dynamic wallpaper, via Zac Bowden

We’re hearing that Microsoft is planning to offer multiple dynamic wallpapers. For example, the dynamic wallpapers will be ranging from urban scenes to natural landscapes, and all variations will automatically change from dawn to dusk according to the time of day.

The highest level of detail, which will be supported by Windows 10 X’s dynamic wallpaper, would depend on the device’s hardware. The company could also explore third-party support for dynamic wallpapers on Windows 10 X via Microsoft Store.

The natural wallpapers will have dynamic clouds, stars and even birds that appear from time to time.

Dynamic wallpaper personalization support would be a nice addition, but it’s not clear how these new personalization options will impact battery life on Windows 10 devices.

Apple’s macOS also offers dynamic wallpaper support and Mac owners can choose a desert landscape that changes throughout the day.

Get dynamic wallpapers now

All those Windows 10 X users might get dynamic wallpaper later this year, but you can do it on your Windows 10 device right now, thanks to a fun little utility available in the Microsoft Store.

With ‘WinDynamicDesktop’ Microsoft Store app, you can automatically change your desktop background according to the time of day. It uses your location to determine the times of sunrise and sunset, and desktop wallpaper change is based on the time of day.

You have to choose a theme, enter your location and minimize the app to your system tray, and it will automatically change the wallpaper in the background. You can also import your own custom themes and create your own. That’s a lot better than macOS’ default treatment for dynamic wallpapers.

As the December 2020 launch date for Windows 10 X and Surface Neo near, we might learn more about Windows 10 X in the coming months.

The post How Windows 10 X will dynamically change desktop wallpaper appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 1, 2020

2. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Desktop Wallpaper Won't Change

Hi,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why you're not able to change the wallpaper on your Desktop screen. This could be caused by a recent update that was installed or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly
    answer the questions below:

• Were there any errors messages that showed up when you attempted to change the wallpaper on your Desktop screen?
    • Were there any recent changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed on your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Feb 1, 2020
  4. How Windows 10 X will dynamically change desktop wallpaper

Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

How Windows 10 X will dynamically change desktop wallpaper

1. How Windows 10 X will dynamically change desktop wallpaper - Similar Threads - dynamically change desktop

2. Windows 10 pc, Desktop wallpaper randomly changed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 pc, Desktop wallpaper randomly changed?: Hey hey hey so basically I just opened my pc to notice that my desktop wallpaper has randomlly be changed to a different photo I have.I've never used this photo as my wallpaper before nor is it saved to a file where I keep all my wallpaper so I am kinda confised and than when...
  3. Windows 10 pc, Desktop wallpaper randomly changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pc, Desktop wallpaper randomly changed?: Hey hey hey so basically I just opened my pc to notice that my desktop wallpaper has randomlly be changed to a different photo I have.I've never used this photo as my wallpaper before nor is it saved to a file where I keep all my wallpaper so I am kinda confised and than when...
  4. Windows Dynamic Wallpaper Library

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Dynamic Wallpaper Library: I'm a photographer and I'd like to submit some photos to Windows Dynamic Wallpaper Library. Is it possible? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dynamic-wallpaper-library/e02f49a2-0fd6-4597-81eb-885396011bc8
  5. Change desktop wallpaper with phone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change desktop wallpaper with phone?: exactly what the title says (is there an app?). Surprisingly I couldn't find a single post regarding this topic. submitted by /u/Qryza [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3f45o/change_desktop_wallpaper_with_phone/
  6. Why is Windows 10 wallpaper changes to Windows 8.1 desktop wallpaper?

Why is Windows 10 wallpaper changes to Windows 8.1 desktop wallpaper?: This happend after i linked my computer to my Microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-10-wallpaper-changes-to-windows-81/c9e80024-2d8b-49cc-9d81-d62f59a0177b
  7. Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing: I hope I am posting this in the right Forum. For some reason on my computers if I set different Wallpaper it changes to the same on all computers. Why does this happen? The only time I login to Microsoft is Microsoft Store. I thought I was not logged in on my account. Maybe...
  8. Background keeps changing back to Dynamic Wallpaper

Background keeps changing back to Dynamic Wallpaper: A week ago I downloaded a dynamic wallpaper to correlate to the time of the day; it's a city scape so the the sunrise screen comes on at sunrise time, noon for noon, and night for night etc. It all correlates to my time zone. I decided I wanted to change it to just one...
  9. Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing: I hope I am posting this in the right Forum. For some reason on my computers if I set different Wallpaper it changes to the same on all computers. Why does this happen? The only time I login to Microsoft is Microsoft Store. I thought I was not logged in on my account. Maybe...
  10. Can't Change Desktop Wallpaper

Can't Change Desktop Wallpaper: I'm getting frustrated with this. No matter what I do I can't get to change the desktop wallpaper/background on windows 10. When I open a pic in ACDsee and set it as a wallpaper it doesn't change a thing. All I have is a solid color. Can someone help me with this please. TIA...