Windows 10: How winget downloads apps?

Discus and support How winget downloads apps? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does winget only fetch a list of websites to download apps or winget actually download the apps from a Microsoft server? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/complexramification, Jul 8, 2020.

1. How winget downloads apps?

Does winget only fetch a list of websites to download apps or winget actually download the apps from a Microsoft server?

submitted by /u/complexramification
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/complexramification, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 8, 2020
  3. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

How winget downloads apps?

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

How winget downloads apps?

1. How winget downloads apps? - Similar Threads - winget downloads apps

2. how to uninstall winget and windows app installer in win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to uninstall winget and windows app installer in win 11: winget.exe in appdata local microsoft shows 0 bytes and fails to load.the new update of windows app installer fails to upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-winget-and-windows-app-installer/e465f6fa-36ab-480f-b8b1-644a67cddcc7
  3. how to uninstall winget and windows app installer in win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to uninstall winget and windows app installer in win 11: winget.exe in appdata local microsoft shows 0 bytes and fails to load.the new update of windows app installer fails to upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-winget-and-windows-app-installer/e465f6fa-36ab-480f-b8b1-644a67cddcc7
  4. Use winget to download apps but not install?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Use winget to download apps but not install?: I'd like to download certain apps from the Windows store e.g. Movies & TV and then install them on lab systems that don't have Internet connectivity. Is this possible?...
  5. Use winget to download apps but not install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use winget to download apps but not install?: I'd like to download certain apps from the Windows store e.g. Movies & TV and then install them on lab systems that don't have Internet connectivity. Is this possible?...
  6. Use winget to download apps but not install?

7. Is there any information about how winget will handle already install apps ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any information about how winget will handle already install apps ?: Is there any information about how winget will handle already install apps ? -will I be able to see already installed apps installed normaly from msi in winget list and update and remove them and so ? -or to maintain an application like chrome for example will I need to...
  8. WinGet

WinGet: I'm getting an error: 0x80072f7c when I try to download or upgrade something with winget. I'm so confused. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winget/b1349e4d-36a7-425c-a097-316b95356953
  9. winget

winget: Thought I would have a look at the new package installer but when trying to run it i get "winget : The term 'winget' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet" on 21H1. 180245
  10. winget

in Windows 10 Support
    winget: Thought I would have a look at the new package installer but when trying to run it i get "winget : The term 'winget' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet" on 21H1. 180245