Windows 10: How would I allow a separate user access to all files on my pc.

Discus and support How would I allow a separate user access to all files on my pc. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a main account and I just added a new account. When I log into the new account everything on the desktop disappears and my files aren't there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DaBieberFever, Dec 22, 2020.

1. How would I allow a separate user access to all files on my pc.

I have a main account and I just added a new account. When I log into the new account everything on the desktop disappears and my files aren't there. Any way to change this?

submitted by /u/DaBieberFever
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DaBieberFever, Dec 22, 2020

2. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Stored profile will not allow my user account to access some files

This is a new laptop Toshiba Satellite L55t with Windows 10. I have had several instances where access to a file is blocked because of a stored profile. My user account is administrator and it should allow access to any file. I found the stored profile but I can't find any way to change it so I can access all files on my laptop. Do you have any suggestions that will help me solve the problem. Thank you

Karaokegirl, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

How would I allow a separate user access to all files on my pc.

Can't access my home user account on Windows 10.

File Explorer may have encountered an issue due system conflict. To correct this, follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type in quick access and press Enter.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • On the General tab, make sure to set Open File Explorer to
      This PC.
    • Under Privacy, remove the check mark on Show recently used files in Quick access
      and Show frequently used folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    We also suggest that you follow these steps on how to Enable Built-in Administrator
    to access your files and perform the troubleshooting steps given by
    Pavan_N
    and BulldogXX. Follow the steps below to Enable Built-in Administrator:

The built-in elevated "Administrator account" is a local account that has full unrestricted access rights to the PC.

• Right click on the Windows icon, select Command Prompt.
    • A Command Prompt window will open.
    • Type in or copy and paste this command:
      • net user administrator /active:yes
    • Press Enter. Close the Command Prompt.
    • Sign out with your current account and try to sign in using Administrator.

Let us know if these troubleshooting steps worked.

Xylee Del, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

How would I allow a separate user access to all files on my pc.

1. How would I allow a separate user access to all files on my pc. - Similar Threads - allow separate user

2. How can I access all files with all users on local device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access all files with all users on local device?: I have multiple users on my desktop PC, and I want all users to access all files across accounts. Just to be clear, I am not looking at how to share OneDrive files, everything is stored locally on a C: drive.How can I simply share apps and files so it's possible to use...
  3. How can I access all files with all users on local device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I access all files with all users on local device?: I have multiple users on my desktop PC, and I want all users to access all files across accounts. Just to be clear, I am not looking at how to share OneDrive files, everything is stored locally on a C: drive.How can I simply share apps and files so it's possible to use...
  4. How can I disable all Internet access for a standard user on my PC?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I disable all Internet access for a standard user on my PC?: Hello,I am trying to setup my computer so my little brother can use it when I am at work. I have downloaded all the software I want him to be able to access onto his standard profile. Now that I have done that I would like to prevent him from being able to access any internet...
  5. How can I disable all Internet access for a standard user on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable all Internet access for a standard user on my PC?: Hello,I am trying to setup my computer so my little brother can use it when I am at work. I have downloaded all the software I want him to be able to access onto his standard profile. Now that I have done that I would like to prevent him from being able to access any internet...
  6. How can I disable all Internet access for a standard user on my PC?

7. How do I allow all program access to all users on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I allow all program access to all users on Windows 11?: I recently got Windows 11 and added 2 users on my notebook. Both are administrators. However, whenever I install a program on User 1's account, I am not able to see it in User 2's account and vice versa. This then means I have to install a program twice. Is there a way to...
  8. How do I allow all program access to all users on Windows 11?

How do I allow all program access to all users on Windows 11?: I recently got Windows 11 and added 2 users on my notebook. Both are administrators. However, whenever I install a program on User 1's account, I am not able to see it in User 2's account and vice versa. This then means I have to install a program twice. Is there a way to...
  9. Create and separate access on user accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create and separate access on user accounts: Hi folks! I have Windows 10 Professional on a laptop. Is there a possibility to separate accounts from each other as well as installation of programs, folders etc.? in a way that the programs/folders etc. only belong to one account and are not accessible from outside from...
  10. user files are accessible to all users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user files are accessible to all users: I am setting up a new computer. I am set up as administrator local account and I have added my kids as Other users local account-not administrator. I do not want to set them up as a Microsoft accounts. The new computer has one small hard drive for storing the operating...