Windows 10: How would I bind a key to change current on screen games?

Discus and support How would I bind a key to change current on screen games? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I'm trying to play two games at once, I want to be able to alt tab between them with ease. How would I set that up? Thanks *Biggrin Fullscreen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DontDoThat21, Nov 6, 2015.

1. How would I bind a key to change current on screen games?

So I'm trying to play two games at once, I want to be able to alt tab between them with ease. How would I set that up?

Thanks *Biggrin Fullscreen windowed games, too.

:)

DontDoThat21, Nov 6, 2015
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Why can't I disable default windows short-cuts?

What game would use Alt+TAB as a command ? That would be crazy. Or are you saying you hit them accidentally

in the heat of battle ?

If a game does not have an option to re-bind keys you are out of luck, unless you can open the games configuration

file in notepad and change the key binding there.

Or, maybe you can use a controller so you can't hit the wrong combo when you get excited ?

- Some keyboards have a key that allows you to disable the Windows key as this is the one most commonly hit in the heat of action.

- You can also disable the Windows key through Windows, which will prevent most keyboard shortcuts, and accidentally minimising games.

how-to-enable-or-disable-the-keyboard-windows-key

- The reason you can't rebind Windows shorcuts is you would have to switch them back to default when you quit the game,

or potentially cause issues due to the keyboard being out of whack, which could cause issues with software that uses keyboard

shortcuts (including game 'macro' key bindings).

I've never heard of it before (unless you are referring to the downloads in the MS article above, which I believe are just on/off Registry

keys), but a 3rd part software to disable Windows shortcuts while playing the game is probably a safer and quicker optionthan changing the key binding (an automated Registry key on/off tool ? ).

BossDweeb, Nov 6, 2015
  3. Bind a keystroke to a key

It depends on what your keyboard is and what the manufacturer provides. The search keyword is macro. For example, MS keyboards usually provide macro support via their MMKC software. Other manufacturers may provide similar functionality. Alternatively
    you may find that there are third-party packages which do the same thing more generically.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Nov 6, 2015
  4. How would I bind a key to change current on screen games?

So here is what I did.. I used Razer Synapse software to bind ALT+TAB to just Alt.
    This sort of works, but sometimes it alt tabs to my browser. Would there somehow be a way to only have it alt tab between two active programs? Thanks

DontDoThat21, Nov 6, 2015
Thema:

How would I bind a key to change current on screen games?

1. How would I bind a key to change current on screen games? - Similar Threads - bind key change

2. Faulty Key binds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulty Key binds: Hi,Suddenly as i was typing three of my key binds q, w, and e stopped responding. As i looked for ways to fix it like updating my keyboard drivers, the key binds came back to life and i was able to type for a very short period of time. From then they have not worked and a day...
  3. How do I fix my key bindings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my key bindings?: My keys are mixed up for some unknown reason in a very weird way. My "y" raises my volume, my "p" lowers my volume, c tries to open "caret browsing" and etc. I don't know what's causing this problem. I unplugged and re plugged in my keyboard, reinstall the keyboard drivers,...
  4. How do I fix my key bindings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I fix my key bindings?: My keys are mixed up for some unknown reason in a very weird way. My "y" raises my volume, my "p" lowers my volume, c tries to open "caret browsing" and etc. I don't know what's causing this problem. I unplugged and re plugged in my keyboard, reinstall the keyboard drivers,...
  5. How do I fix my key bindings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Shortcut key binding...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut key binding...: I've already used "CTRL + Alt + P" for other supposed for A thing but I uninstalled it. Now I want to bind the same key combination CTRL + Alt + P for other supposed for B thing. But Win doesn't allowing me to do it.Any ideas around it?I also don't know where to categories...
  7. Cannot change Key bindings on many new games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot change Key bindings on many new games: Hi Recently wahtever game I install most of them ahve the option to cahange they keys, but everytime I change them, they wont take effect. I restart the game, sometimes I see the new keys which I change are shown there but no effect. Other times they just reset back to...
  8. How do I disable the volume key or change its bindings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the volume key or change its bindings?: I recently got an app for a game that I have, and to open the menu it asks me to press F2. F2 is my volume key, and when I press it it doesn't open up the menu. How can I disable the key so that I can open up the menu?...
  9. How to re-bind lock screen key bind

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to re-bind lock screen key bind: The default keybind for lock screen is Meta+L. I am running a VM with i3wm inside of it, and I need Meta+L to select the container to the left. If I want to ever do that, my laptop host will lock the screen. How can I change that keybind, so that I can use Meta+L inside my...
  10. Changing key bind for screen captures.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing key bind for screen captures.: Hello, my Windows 10 uses Fn, Alt and PrtSc to copy a screenshot to the clipboard, however my previous laptop uses just only PrtSc to copy a screenshot to clipboard. Is there a way I can change the keybind? submitted by /u/CyanaAquarius_ [link] [comments]...