Windows 10: How would I go about backing up and restoring Windows 10 Display Settings?

Discus and support How would I go about backing up and restoring Windows 10 Display Settings? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to backup and restore the Display settings on Windows 10. I thought I could do this with a batch file or two by exporting/importing registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mistr-K, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Mistr-K Win User

How would I go about backing up and restoring Windows 10 Display Settings?

I'm trying to backup and restore the Display settings on Windows 10. I thought I could do this with a batch file or two by exporting/importing registry keys.

I was able to export them without issue, but Importing them gives me an error that says: "Cannot Import C:\DisplayConfig.reg: Not all data was successfully written to the registry. Some keys are open by the system or other processes, or you have insufficient privileges to perform this operation." I ran this script as an admin, so I don't think it's my privileges.

Does anyone know a way to back up the Display settings (size, placement, orientation, etc.) for a multi-monitor setup and allow for a restore should anything be changed around? I don't want to back up the whole computer, I'd just like a small script or something similar to fix my settings if something should happen.

Thank you.

:)

Mistr-K, Jun 13, 2019
  2. alone Win User

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

How would I go about backing up and restoring Windows 10 Display Settings? [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

How would I go about backing up and restoring Windows 10 Display Settings? [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. How would I go about backing up and restoring Windows 10 Display Settings? - Similar Threads - backing restoring Display

2. How can I restore the settings I backed up on onedrive ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore the settings I backed up on onedrive ?: Hello Microsoft,I am willing to upgrade my NVMe because sadly, I only have one slot, so I need to clean install Windows 11. I don't want to waste much time when I reinstall it on the computer. So I ticked a box in backup settings which supposed to save my windows settings...
  3. How can I restore the settings I backed up on onedrive ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore the settings I backed up on onedrive ?: Hello Microsoft,I am willing to upgrade my NVMe because sadly, I only have one slot, so I need to clean install Windows 11. I don't want to waste much time when I reinstall it on the computer. So I ticked a box in backup settings which supposed to save my windows settings...
  4. How can I go about restoring my account back as admin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I go about restoring my account back as admin?: I have some laptops I allowed students to use to play games on this summer. A couple of the students have managed to become the administrator on the laptops. I had each laptop with a pin to get into the laptop that what not given to them, but once they were in they have...
  5. How can I go about restoring my account back as admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I go about restoring my account back as admin?: I have some laptops I allowed students to use to play games on this summer. A couple of the students have managed to become the administrator on the laptops. I had each laptop with a pin to get into the laptop that what not given to them, but once they were in they have...
  6. How would I go about reporting a tech agent?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How would I go about reporting a tech agent?: I'm literally in tears right now after this call. Yes he was real I got him from the support app from windows and they called me etc etc. This man was so rude he was getting loud and yelling at me!!! I told him he doesnt need to tell and be rude and he said hes just trying to...
  7. Go to Back up and Restore Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Go to Back up and Restore Windows 7: Hi Community People: Windows 10 Back Up has the following option: Go to Back up and Restore Windows 7, which I like to use becouse it makes an image of the system disk. The problem is that it is not backing up my 365 Microsoft Office Outlook .pst file, even when I...
  8. How to back up and restore Folder View settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to back up and restore Folder View settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Windows File Explorer is easy to navigate and comes with so many interesting […] This article How to back up and restore Folder View settings in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. I manually deleted Windows 10 Calculator App.. How would I go about getting it back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I manually deleted Windows 10 Calculator App.. How would I go about getting it back?: So I got a new computer and decided to follow this guide https://github.com/adolfintel/Windows10-Privacy Problem is I really miss the Calculator app in Windows. It's like the only thing I need and I can't access it because I was an idiot and manually deleted it. So I...
  10. How would I go about resting an exe's icon? Ive changed it but want it to go back to its...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How would I go about resting an exe's icon? Ive changed it but want it to go back to its...: submitted by /u/MG70Gaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f66pig/how_would_i_go_about_resting_an_exes_icon_ive/