Windows 10: How would I go about disabling my laptop keyboard so I can use my external keyboard on top...

Discus and support How would I go about disabling my laptop keyboard so I can use my external keyboard on top... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know if this is something that I can do with Windows10 but if anyone could guide me in the right direction that would be helpful (im not very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cowsgomoo414, Feb 8, 2020.

1. How would I go about disabling my laptop keyboard so I can use my external keyboard on top...

I don't know if this is something that I can do with Windows10 but if anyone could guide me in the right direction that would be helpful (im not very tech savy)

submitted by /u/Cowsgomoo414
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cowsgomoo414, Feb 8, 2020

2. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

I'm not understanding this. I had to uninstall and my keyboard is still not disabled. I'm having to use an external just to be able to type bc if I don't my laptop thinks i'm pressing "t" constantly and some of the other keys such as "I" and "O" and "U" are
    funky too. Can you please go into a more detailed description of what you mean here?

questingspirit, Feb 8, 2020
  4. lx07 Win User

How would I go about disabling my laptop keyboard so I can use my external keyboard on top...

Disabling Laptop Keyboard

How does the laptop keyboard interfere with typing when you use the USB one? Are you putting the USB one on top of it or something?

I don't know of a software way to disable the keyboard (this site says installing an incompatible driver works) but perhaps you could just unplug the cable.

It looks pretty easy for your laptop - you don't even need a screwdriver.

Toshiba Satellite C55Dt-A5306 Keyboard Replacement - iFixit

lx07, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

How would I go about disabling my laptop keyboard so I can use my external keyboard on top...

1. How would I go about disabling my laptop keyboard so I can use my external keyboard on top... - Similar Threads - disabling laptop keyboard

2. How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard: Unfortunately, the keyboard on my laptop is awful, both the "v" and "b" keys simply don't work, and the "m" key has fallen off leaving a space on my keyboard which is impossible to reattach, and this now means that occasionally, my keyboard just constantly types the "m" key.I...
  3. How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard: Unfortunately, the keyboard on my laptop is awful, both the "v" and "b" keys simply don't work, and the "m" key has fallen off leaving a space on my keyboard which is impossible to reattach, and this now means that occasionally, my keyboard just constantly types the "m" key.I...
  4. How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can i disable my laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i disable my laptop keyboard?: My laptop brands are dell. my laptop keyboard is broken and how do i disable it i tried all the stuff. My laptop keyboard is pressing randomly like f1 f2 f3 ... f12 and it ANNOY - Delete Device : Won't work it just automatically reinstall - Disable Device : Won't work also it...
  6. How can i disable my laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i disable my laptop keyboard?: My laptop brands are dell. my laptop keyboard is broken and how do i disable it i tried all the stuff. My laptop keyboard is pressing randomly like f1 f2 f3 ... f12 and it ANNOY - Delete Device : Won't work it just automatically reinstall - Disable Device : Won't work also it...
  7. How can i disable my laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How can I disable my laptop's internal keyboard?

How can I disable my laptop's internal keyboard?: Some keys of my laptop's keyboard didn't work properly and some others didn't work at all. So, I decided to buy an external Bluetooth keyboard, because this solution was more cheaper. But the laptop's own keyboard's keys continue getting stuck and writing things itself. It...
  9. How can I turn off the keyboard in my laptop to used external keyboard?

How can I turn off the keyboard in my laptop to used external keyboard?: I have tried many methods out there but it doesn't work. If I unistall then it re-installs. If I update to a certain driver incorrectly, it will update itself...
  10. How can I disable built-in laptop keyboard without disabling my external wired keyboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I disable built-in laptop keyboard without disabling my external wired keyboard?: I've been web searching and reading forum discussions but the frequently suggested recommendation of disabling the keyboard via the windows device manager and restarting is quite messy and disruptive of workflow. I would like to be able to place my little mechanical keyboard...