Windows 10: How would I go about reporting a tech agent?

Discus and support How would I go about reporting a tech agent? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm literally in tears right now after this call. Yes he was real I got him from the support app from windows and they called me etc etc. This man was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DuckieyD, May 7, 2021.

1. DuckieyD Win User

How would I go about reporting a tech agent?

I'm literally in tears right now after this call. Yes he was real I got him from the support app from windows and they called me etc etc. This man was so rude he was getting loud and yelling at me!!! I told him he doesnt need to tell and be rude and he said hes just trying to get me to understand. Well I'm not deaf nor dumb he could be respectful and speak to me like I'm a human being. I guess he got upset because he then told me what to do on my own and wanted to end the remote connection. If I knew how to do it properly I wouldnt have had to call in the first place.. I reinstalled windows an

:)

DuckieyD, May 7, 2021
  2. skytrails Win User

desktop agent tray error message in windows 10

I tried the following suggestion. When I got to step 4, the list provided no checkmarks to uncheck and the icon for Desktop Agent Tray was a checkmark in a yellow circle. nothing happened when I clicked on the yellow circle with the checkmark. the title
    on the list was Desktop Agent Tray(2) Clicking on the title opened a title beneath the Desktop Agent Tray (2) which did not have the (2)

the publisher of both titles was CenturyLink Inc and the status for the entry with the (2) was enabled and the status of the other entry was blank. Changing the status to disabled did nothing. the Start up impact was listed as high. There was another
    entry under the two Desktop Agent Tray titles There was an icon then Dw20 with a high start up impact. No where was there a place to uncheck or delete. So far the box which lists the error disappears and there seems to be no problem. I just wonder why
    it is there,

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

skytrails, May 7, 2021
  3. Tizz Blue Win User
    Tech Support Agents (L1, L2, L3)

Some months ago my PC started failing updates, and shutting down. At first I wasn't really bothered, but then the shut downs got more and more frequent. I contacted MS Tech Support live chat. I was advised
    by the very first tech support agent that I spoke to, and did remote access to my PC, that my motherboard was not compatible with the new build of Windows 10 (1709). I accepted that, and advised that as a disabled person I wasn't in a position to purchase
    a new motherboard just like that. The tech support agent fiddled with something in my setting and said that that would solve the issue.

As the weeks went by the shut downs started yet again, then got worse and worse, happening more and more frequent.

I then contacted MS Tech Support live chat yet again, who then had remote access to my PC, and I was advised that the issue would be stopped and not to worry. Whatever was done was completely different
    to the first.

This matter has gone on and on, with many instances of contact with L1, L2 and even L3 MS Tech Support, through live chat and on the telephone.. Some 12 agents have now had remote access to my PC and STILL
    not one of them had managed to resolve the issue.

I tried to log a complaint and was advised by yet another MS Tech Support agent, "definitely don't worry I have taken down the concerns for you", and to this day I am still waiting for someone to contact
    me in regards to the complaint, that clearly wasn't logged, even after trying to log one 3 times.

I even contacted MS via Facebook, and am still actually waiting for someone to read and bother to respond to some messages, some have been read and not responded to.

Today I had rise to contact MS Tech Support live chat yet again as my PC would shut down every time I stopped using it, for the shortest period of time. In fact it shut down 18 times since Monday early
    hours (01.35). I was concerned with effect these shutdown would be having on my Windows.

An MS Tech Support agent, yet again had remote access to my PC. He assured me that he would be able to solve this problem. He assured me that my motherboard was just fine and would not be an issue. I
    was very apprehensive. He then continued to download the .iso file for Windows 10 (1703) as this was the next update that my PC needed to continue to the new 1709 build. I was happy that he was doing this and I accepted that he knew what he was doing, as
    how could an MS Tech Support agent not know how to do this. I was so so wrong.

As on this moment, 00.42 in the morning, I am sat here on a pc that is basically new. The agent I trusted would atleast know how to do a simply Windows update got it very wrong, and wiped out all my files,
    folders, settings, and program files. I know it should have been backed up and I thought I was safe as the agent assured me that there would not be a problem as this is just a simply Windows update.

I called MS Tech Support telephone number some 4 times, and was continually cut off. I then contacted MS Tech Support chat yet again and a nice guy assisted me as much as he could to find where the disappeared
    folders etc had gone, he couldn't assist me as he was confused as to what the previous agent had actually done.

I am now waiting for a call from the agent that ruined my PC to see if he can actual resolve this issue, which I am holding no hope out for as I have lost what very little faith I had in Microsoft. They
    have completely ruined my experience of using Windows.

Tizz Blue, May 7, 2021
  4. How would I go about reporting a tech agent?

error windows 10 desktop agent tray has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 7, 2021
Thema:

How would I go about reporting a tech agent?

1. How would I go about reporting a tech agent? - Similar Threads - reporting tech agent

2. I need a live agent to report fraud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need a live agent to report fraud: I need a live agent to report fraud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-live-agent-to-report-fraud/e4b1f9c8-4377-46f1-aa6c-182355f294f2
  3. I need a live agent to report fraud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a live agent to report fraud: I need a live agent to report fraud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-live-agent-to-report-fraud/e4b1f9c8-4377-46f1-aa6c-182355f294f2
  4. I would like to speak to a support tech

I would like to speak to a support tech: I an unable to receive or send emails on my business account. I need to change administrators. I closed my business but I kept my business email. I have had no problems until last week, Thank you for your help....
  5. How do I go about solving this, the reports are Driver is no less or equal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I go about solving this, the reports are Driver is no less or equal.: The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 0xffffc30f3b43bfa4, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff803521d32d2. Would appreciate some help solving this error. Many Thanks.-_______PC Specs below______-Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz Installed RAM...
  6. How do I go about solving this, the reports are Driver is no less or equal.

How do I go about solving this, the reports are Driver is no less or equal.: The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 0xffffc30f3b43bfa4, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff803521d32d2. Would appreciate some help solving this error. Many Thanks.-_______PC Specs below______-Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz Installed RAM...
  7. agent tech support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    agent tech support: I need somebody to help me update my windows and get my apps i download to instal correctly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/agent-tech-support/9c439628-bebe-43f9-afc6-f661fd9c7525
  8. agent tech support

agent tech support: I need somebody to help me update my windows and get my apps i download to instal correctly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/agent-tech-support/9c439628-bebe-43f9-afc6-f661fd9c7525
  9. I would like to report a fraud message about Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I would like to report a fraud message about Microsoft: I'm getting a message Labeled Microsoft asking me to "Verify Now" or My account will disconnected. in over 15 years I've never seen this message....
  10. How do I complain about how I was handled by an agent?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I complain about how I was handled by an agent?: I tried to get a solution via online chat today from an agent regarding an activation issue. After over an hour of not being able to solve the problem he kicked off a windows in place upgrade to try and fix the issue. He was supposed to send a resume link. He did not. He also...