Windows 10: How would I go about resting an exe's icon? Ive changed it but want it to go back to its...

Discus and support How would I go about resting an exe's icon? Ive changed it but want it to go back to its... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/MG70Gaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f66pig/how_would_i_go_about_resting_an_exes_icon_ive/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MG70Gaming, Feb 19, 2020.

1. How would I go about resting an exe's icon? Ive changed it but want it to go back to its...

/u/MG70Gaming, Feb 19, 2020
  2. bha19 Win User

Change icon for .exe

I am using Windows 10 Home 64 and want to change the .exe icon for a program I have. If I go to properties there is no way to do this so how is this done in Windows 10 without creating a shortcut or another program? I used to be able to do this before Windows 10. Also there is a similar program .exe on my computer that has the icon I want but if I try to create a short cut for the program I want to use this icon with and then go to change icon and try to use the icon from the .exe I want it says that the .exe I want the icon from has no icon associated with it how can this be when it is there in front of me?

bha19, Feb 19, 2020
  3. bha19 Win User
    Change icon for .exe

Strange thing happened the .exe icon that was blank (looks like a white sheet of paper with one corner folded over) is now correct today. Any how until yesterday it was not correct so I right clicked on it and then clicked on properties. What comes up is general/compatibility/security/details/previous versions. If I create a shortcut to the .exe then hit properties on the shortcut there is a way to change the icon. The problem there was the icon I wanted to change it to said there was no icon associated with it. How could this be. Anyhow all seems fine now but I would still like to know how to change the icon picture of an original .exe and not the shortcut.

bha19, Feb 19, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

How would I go about resting an exe's icon? Ive changed it but want it to go back to its...

Change icon for .exe

So in properties there is no shortcut tab at all ? What icon are you going to use for this program and it has to be put in correct place for it to work. I have done this with games only myself.

jds63, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

How would I go about resting an exe's icon? Ive changed it but want it to go back to its...

1. How would I go about resting an exe's icon? Ive changed it but want it to go back to its... - Similar Threads - resting exe's icon

2. I would want to go back to my pervious windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would want to go back to my pervious windows update.: I recently updated my windows and after the installation my computer was running slow and sometimes the taskbar would not show up, my search bar doesn't work either whenever the taskbar is working. My settings will not work it will freeze whenever I try to press something....
  3. I would want to go back to my pervious windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would want to go back to my pervious windows update.: I recently updated my windows and after the installation my computer was running slow and sometimes the taskbar would not show up, my search bar doesn't work either whenever the taskbar is working. My settings will not work it will freeze whenever I try to press something....
  4. want to go back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    want to go back: my daughter received a new laptop for xmas , with win 11, when I first turned it on it was win10 s mode and did the update before i even had a chance to backup anything . she wants to go back to win 10 how do i do that? I do not have the go back option either....
  5. want to go back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    want to go back: my daughter received a new laptop for xmas , with win 11, when I first turned it on it was win10 s mode and did the update before i even had a chance to backup anything . she wants to go back to win 10 how do i do that? I do not have the go back option either....
  6. How would I go about reporting a tech agent?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How would I go about reporting a tech agent?: I'm literally in tears right now after this call. Yes he was real I got him from the support app from windows and they called me etc etc. This man was so rude he was getting loud and yelling at me!!! I told him he doesnt need to tell and be rude and he said hes just trying to...
  7. Resting Windows will go back to previous version?

Resting Windows will go back to previous version?: I want to reset my PC. I am running Windows 10, but my PC came preinstalled with Windows 8.1. If I reset my PC, will it reset to Windows 8.1?...
  8. I want to go back to W7

I want to go back to W7: I want to go back to Windows 7, I got tired of windows 10 its constant updates I don't like it, I don't want it anymore, help me to go back to my old W7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-go-back-to-w7/32e35853-8830-43dc-b332-c249aa42ca67
  9. I want to go back to 10586

I want to go back to 10586: Hello all, I am on Windows 10 Education 64-bit Build 14267. I want to go back to 10586, but I have deleted the previous installation files in Disk Cleanup. I am wondering if it is possible to do a repair install with a 10586 iso file, like you could when downgrading from...
  10. I would love to go back to 7

I would love to go back to 7: my computer auto update to windows 10 while i was out of the country. now the 30 days to go back are up and HP didnt send any recovery disc when I bought this new computer just over a yr ago. I would love to go back to 7 and have the act. code, but its no good with microsoft...