Windows 10: How would I go about using my phone as a calling modem for my laptop?

Discus and support How would I go about using my phone as a calling modem for my laptop? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm driving an Inspiron 7390 2in1 i7-10510U and I am wondering how I would use my cell phone as a calling modem for my laptop through USB for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by آدم إسماعيل ظفرجليسي, Mar 4, 2021.

1. How would I go about using my phone as a calling modem for my laptop?

I'm driving an Inspiron 7390 2in1 i7-10510U and I am wondering how I would use my cell phone as a calling modem for my laptop through USB for dialer.exe? Any answers?

:)

آدم إسماعيل ظفرجليسي, Mar 4, 2021
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

DOCSIS 3.0 modem with phone line?

I'm thinking about buying my own modem for a few reasons:

1. Upgrade to DOCSIS 3.0, the modem I have from them is 2.0
    2. Eliminate the monthly rental fee.

Time Warner has a official supported modem list on their site, but none of them have phone lines like my current modem does, and then there's this little tidbit: if you choose to purchase your own modem, you will need another device from them to use their phone service, as none of the modems on their list have phone lines (including the modem I am currently using, from them, that does have phone lines on it). It seems they are trying to get their monthly equipment fee regardless if you have their modem or your own.

Considering my modem isn't on their list and it has phone lines on it, and I don't have a second box from them for the phone, I'm thinking ANY modem should work, whether it's on their list or not.

So, I'm looking for a DOCSIS 3.0 modem that has phone lines on it, any recommendations? I don't mind if the modem is also a router, provided I have full control over it as I would with my current router.

3. darcyn Win User
    Which Models have fax modems?

I'm looking for a list of phones which have Fax modems that I can use to connect to a laptop.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Nick

darcyn, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

How would I go about using my phone as a calling modem for my laptop?

HSPA USB Modem

Hi,

To find out more about the modem issues that you’re experiencing after installing Creators Update, we just have a few questions for you:

• Can your laptop still detect the modem when you plug it in?

• What's the make and model of your laptop?

• What's the make and model of your USB modem?

• Is the modem plug-and-play or do you have to install a separate software to make it work?

• Do you receive an error message? If yes, please post a screenshot.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

• Which network driver is on your laptop?

Note: To check the network drivers on your device, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Device Manager.

• Click the drop-down arrow under Network Adapter.

We look forward to your response.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

How would I go about using my phone as a calling modem for my laptop?

1. How would I go about using my phone as a calling modem for my laptop? - Similar Threads - using phone calling

2. How would i go about fixing windows not picking up on my built in microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How would i go about fixing windows not picking up on my built in microphone: I checked my drivers but RealtekR input isn't there, I don't know why it would randomly stop working considering the fact that it was working just two days ago the last time I checked, and I haven't changed anything about my input settings....
  3. How would i go about fixing windows not picking up on my built in microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How would i go about fixing windows not picking up on my built in microphone: I checked my drivers but RealtekR input isn't there, I don't know why it would randomly stop working considering the fact that it was working just two days ago the last time I checked, and I haven't changed anything about my input settings....
  4. Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows...: Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows Version is Windows 11 Home, the latest. I am sorry to tell that I cannot get this Fax Modem installed. When I try Windows Fax and Scan - the message in the is: Sorry, you cannot send a fax...
  5. Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows...: Hello Its about a Fax Modem for my Laptop. The Fax Modem is from Vention. My Windows Version is Windows 11 Home, the latest. I am sorry to tell that I cannot get this Fax Modem installed. When I try Windows Fax and Scan - the message in the is: Sorry, you cannot send a fax...
  6. How would I go about reporting a tech agent?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How would I go about reporting a tech agent?: I'm literally in tears right now after this call. Yes he was real I got him from the support app from windows and they called me etc etc. This man was so rude he was getting loud and yelling at me!!! I told him he doesnt need to tell and be rude and he said hes just trying to...
  7. Using my modem AND mobile phone for internet on PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using my modem AND mobile phone for internet on PC?: Hello. i am using a PC with Win10 and need to download a big file, around 100 gb but i also have to be able to do video calls during the download. i know i could limit the download, but it has to be finished as soon as possible. is there a way i can keep downloading via my...
  8. I would like to pay for my subscription and the phone is not accepting calls. Please...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I would like to pay for my subscription and the phone is not accepting calls. Please...: I would like to pay for Microsoft 365. Please contact me. TY Sheila https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-pay-for-my-subscription-and-the/5634dd92-e562-4506-903e-4e90666ccff6
  9. Can i use a Laptop as a modem?

Can i use a Laptop as a modem?: I have a Laptop which is connected with the internet via WLAN. My PC has no WLAN and I have no LAN-Cable long enough for my new room. Can i connect the Laptop with my PC and let my PC connect via the Laptops WLAN to the internet? submitted by /u/garciiia [link]...
  10. How would I go about disabling my laptop keyboard so I can use my external keyboard on top...

How would I go about disabling my laptop keyboard so I can use my external keyboard on top...: I don't know if this is something that I can do with Windows10 but if anyone could guide me in the right direction that would be helpful (im not very tech savy) submitted by /u/Cowsgomoo414 [link] [comments]...