Windows 10: how would I obtain a windows 7 product key when I bought the laptop off of Facebook and...

Discus and support how would I obtain a windows 7 product key when I bought the laptop off of Facebook and... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello I'm trying to figure out how I would get the windows 7 product key because I bought the laptop off of someone on Facebook marketplace and don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chris johnson_824, Feb 25, 2024.

1. how would I obtain a windows 7 product key when I bought the laptop off of Facebook and...

hello I'm trying to figure out how I would get the windows 7 product key because I bought the laptop off of someone on Facebook marketplace and don't have contact with that person no more to get the code or anything because I only bought the laptop and charger no box or papers with it.

:)

chris johnson_824, Feb 25, 2024

2. How can I obtain a product or activation key for my Windows 7?

Did you buy 7 yourself or did it come preinstalled, as 7 does not come for free?

If you bought it from Microsoft:

Find your downloads and product keys

Most software you buy directly from Microsoft Store as a digital download, like Office, Windows, and Xbox games, can be downloaded, installed, or reinstalled in

order history
    . Find the software and then select
    Product key/Install.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

If OEM preinstalled (Dell, HP, etc.) license:

The COA sticker, which has the Product Key on it, is either on the underside of the Laptop or in the Battery Compartment.

With a Desktop it is either on the side, rear or top of the Computer Case.

how would I obtain a windows 7 product key when I bought the laptop off of Facebook and... [​IMG]

Bill Smithers, Feb 25, 2024
  3. Getting the Windows Product Key from the Windows Product Id?

In 2011 I "invested" $400 upgrading my then-current laptop to run Windows 7. I bought a retail version of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Edition, and after 2 weeks on the phone with Microsoft, they told me my laptop wasn't compatible, and sent me a copy of Vista
    to install instead. Shortly thereafter I bought a MacBook Pro, and installed the Windows 7 I bought in a VirtualBox VM inside MacOS.

Since then I moved across country, and in 2017, my MacBook Pro motherboard died (8 months after Apple discontinued the free motherboard replacement program to address the GPU issue my laptop suffered from.) Meanwhile, I have misplaced my Windows 7
    Ultimate 64-bit Edition retail box containing the Windows 7 product key, but **I was able to find my Windows 7 Product ID** in my support notes from my upgrade fiasco years earlier.

Later in 2017 I was gifted a budget HP laptop running Windows 10 Home edition. I would like to use my Windows 7 license to upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 Pro edition, but I only have the Windows 7 product ID and not the product key.

Can I obtain the Windows 7 product key from the product ID? How do I accomplish this?

(I never even successfully used this retail Windows 7 Ultimate on non-virtual hardware. )

Any help or suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

LorenOsborn, Feb 25, 2024
  4. how would I obtain a windows 7 product key when I bought the laptop off of Facebook and...

Windows product key error

I don't know if you ever heard of this, but i found a tutorial on how to obtain the product key using the notepad app. I tried and it works, i got my 25 digit product key.

When i first bought this laptop, it came with windows 7, so its really weird for windows to reject my key.

tropicalyeah, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

how would I obtain a windows 7 product key when I bought the laptop off of Facebook and...

1. how would I obtain a windows 7 product key when I bought the laptop off of Facebook and... - Similar Threads - obtain product key

2. I bought a used laptop from facebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a used laptop from facebook: It ran fine the first week and then slowed right down, i even spent over $100 for the security from Norton and still has been slow so any advice to help speed it up again would be great, I'm not tech savvy nor do i have the money to pay someone to fix it for me...
  3. I bought a used laptop from facebook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I bought a used laptop from facebook: It ran fine the first week and then slowed right down, i even spent over $100 for the security from Norton and still has been slow so any advice to help speed it up again would be great, I'm not tech savvy nor do i have the money to pay someone to fix it for me...
  4. how would I obtain a windows 7 product key when I bought the laptop off of Facebook and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how would I obtain a windows 7 product key when I bought the laptop off of Facebook and...: hello I'm trying to figure out how I would get the windows 7 product key because I bought the laptop off of someone on Facebook marketplace and don't have contact with that person no more to get the code or anything because I only bought the laptop and charger no box or...
  5. How do I obtain my product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I obtain my product key?: Some time ago I upgraded my PC. I now recently booted my old PC up and realized it had W10 Pro. My new one doesn't. I want upgrade my new PC with the product key of this one. I am having trouble getting the actual key though. I've tried some command prompt methods but they...
  6. How do I obtain my product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I obtain my product key?: Some time ago I upgraded my PC. I now recently booted my old PC up and realized it had W10 Pro. My new one doesn't. I want upgrade my new PC with the product key of this one. I am having trouble getting the actual key though. I've tried some command prompt methods but they...
  7. How do I obtain my product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to I obtain the Windows 10 Product Key for my (now) failed HDD? The laptop is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to I obtain the Windows 10 Product Key for my (now) failed HDD? The laptop is...: See above. submitted by /u/NealR2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hptg0g/how_to_i_obtain_the_windows_10_product_key_for_my/
  9. how to obtain a product keys for activation of windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to obtain a product keys for activation of windows: i can't find my product keys for windows activation. How or Where do i found it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-obtain-a-product-keys-for-activation-of/5c1b3c87-160b-4d9f-9182-e043d0f6617f
  10. I would like to know how - obtain my windows 10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I would like to know how - obtain my windows 10 Pro product key: I just upgraded my acer triton laptop from win 10 home to win 10 pro using the ms store - bought a key. this action stated that my win 10 pro is activated with a digital key from ms. It did not give me the actual key. Now, I am trying to replace the 512 SSD HDD with a 1TB SSD...