Windows 10: how would I use onedrive as my backup method

Discus and support how would I use onedrive as my backup method in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would prefer to keep all my files on my computer, in case the Internet goes down. But I would also like to have copies saved on an external medium in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RennyBosch1, Aug 4, 2020.

1. how would I use onedrive as my backup method

I would prefer to keep all my files on my computer, in case the Internet goes down. But I would also like to have copies saved on an external medium in case my computer dies. What is the recommended way?

:)

RennyBosch1, Aug 4, 2020
  2. kernrsn Win User

W10 Mobile Lumia 830 Backup Not Being Saved to OneDrive

Thanks Chari San,

I understand I can not see what is contained in the backup stored on OneDrive, but I should see them listed. In my case there is not one being stored at all even though the phone reports it has backed up. See screenshots from OneDrive from my phone logged
    into the same account the phone is and the backup settings page above. Without the backup on OneDrive my restored phone will lose at least call history, start screen setup and installed app list from what I have found.

Step #2 is not displayed on the new phone. (How can it restore a backup that is not on OneDrive at all). It skips over that step and I get a default install on the new phone without my call history, start page or app history. I'm not sure what else I
    might be missing but for sure at least those 3 items do not come across.

How do I resolve this issue? Suggestions?

kernrsn, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Archival backup methods

Dual or tri redundant backup is suggested, tape drives are still around, there are M Disks that @Sasqui knows about besides dvds and cds. I would also have vaccum bags or a pelican case that have dessicants to prevent moisture from getting in the media.

Pictures you do not want to lose I would make 2 hard copies, and then if its from 35mm film I'd have that film ptotected and a digital backup of the prints in a lossless format so no compression. Fireproof and flood/water proof safes are suggested too.
    Tapedrives are now using a SAS format, i presume there are SATA variants too.

eidairaman1, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

how would I use onedrive as my backup method

How do I stop solications to setup OneDrive?

Hi,

We apologize for the delay response and thank you for the additional details.

Upon analyzing this matter, it seems that
    OneDrive is having issues in syncing your
    Microsoft Account that causes the issue to occur. We suggest you to try these following methods and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: add/remove your account in OneDrive.

To do unlink your account, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      cloud icon
      on the lower right of your screen.

• Choose
      Settings.

• On the
      Account tab, click on
      Unlink this PC.

• Choose
      Unlink Account.

To add your account, just run OneDrive again the enter your credentials.

Method 2: reset OneDrive.

To reset OneDrive, follow these steps:

• Press
      Windows key + R.

• Type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

• Click
      OK.

• Make sure that the
      cloud iconor the
      OneDrive icon
      on the bottom right
      disappears.

• If the icon doesn't
      re-appear after a few minutes, press
      Windows key + R
      and type
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

how would I use onedrive as my backup method

1. how would I use onedrive as my backup method - Similar Threads - onedrive backup method

2. I need help using OneDrive backup to my best advantage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help using OneDrive backup to my best advantage: OneDrive seems designed to be the master and my laptop the slave. It seems my laptop backs up what OneDrive insists on storing in the cloud. I want it to work the other way around. I want to work primarily on my laptop, and only use OneDrive to back up selected files only.I...
  3. I need help using OneDrive backup to my best advantage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help using OneDrive backup to my best advantage: OneDrive seems designed to be the master and my laptop the slave. It seems my laptop backs up what OneDrive insists on storing in the cloud. I want it to work the other way around. I want to work primarily on my laptop, and only use OneDrive to back up selected files only.I...
  4. I need help using OneDrive backup to my best advantage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to backup the system to onedrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to backup the system to onedrive: How to backup the win10 to my onedrive like to another drive, that next time when i reinstall the win10 at this laptop i can restore the system settings and apps by one click with good internet connection. Thanks!...
  6. How can I use Onedrive as a backup without it ruining everything?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I use Onedrive as a backup without it ruining everything?: I've posted about this before. A lot of my apps have problems because my computer always sets the Onedrive/Documents as default rather than User/documents. I tried turning off the backup function, but that then stores all the files in Onedrive rather than the proper folder....
  7. How to use OneDrive as a backUp?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to use OneDrive as a backUp?: How to use OneDrive as a backUp? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-onedrive-as-a-backup/a9f4110d-ee58-4f6a-85a0-dc2986846e91"
  8. Using OneDrive to backup Documents

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using OneDrive to backup Documents: For backing up of normal documents, i am trying to use the backup feature of OneDrive. Right clicking on the OneDrive folder, click on the Backup Tab, then click on 'Manage Backup'. A dialog box appears saying that "it cannot backup my 'Documents' folder due to my .pst file...
  9. Use OneDrive for backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Use OneDrive for backup: Good morning all, Can OneDrive (I have the 1TB upgrade) be used for backup of files and the OS ? Is there a tutorial somewhere ? My system consists of: Surface Go, 4GBram, 64GBstorage, Win10 S mode, Edge, Office 365, No physical keyboard, No mouse. Thanks Lee 130841
  10. How to Stop and Start OneDrive Syncing - my simple method

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Stop and Start OneDrive Syncing - my simple method: I have created a simple solution for me to stop and start OneDrive Syncing by using the Windows Task Scheduler. I have created a basic task to start OneDrive with the following: Task Name: Start OneDrive Trigger: Daily Scheduling: Your prefered start time (enter the date...