Windows 10: How would you TWEAK this Bios to reduce fan speed?

Discus and support How would you TWEAK this Bios to reduce fan speed? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Greetings, Me and Mini PCs and fan noise. Yikes. I might stick my new Mini in a college dorm fridge so I never hear it. lol It's a Ryzen 5 3550H... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by The Pool Man, Jan 7, 2021.

1. How would you TWEAK this Bios to reduce fan speed?

Greetings,

Me and Mini PCs and fan noise. Yikes. I might stick my new Mini in a college dorm fridge so I never hear it. lol

It's a Ryzen 5 3550H Mini... which Speedfan can't see. However there are BIOS possibilities. I found this --

How would you TWEAK this Bios to reduce fan speed? [​IMG]

I've gathered if I toggle the white part to 'software' I can then use those 5 choices below. Could someone hold my hand thru those choices?

FAN OFF isn't a thing for me. I don't care if it's on soft.

It's that fan start limit. I sense I want it to kick on around 60. Normally the PC hangs around this speed when somewhat idle --

How would you TWEAK this Bios to reduce fan speed? [​IMG]

But if you open next to anything, the fan momentarily surges as the app opens up. It soon settles back in.

The rest of the settings confuse me. Is there a SLOW DOWN RPM of fan setting in there?

:)

The Pool Man, Jan 7, 2021
  2. BossDweeb Win User

inconsistent fan speeds

"Isn't there some way to set a different fan profile"

Laptops tend to have a lot of differences to desktop, but my current ASUS motherboard has

a fan speed profile setup in BIOS.

Other motherboard have system software that includes a fan speed profile option on the driver/software disk.

I usually set the profile so the fan speed at 40C is as high as it will go before it starts getting loud.

Then tweak it up from their.

A higher initial speed will keep the cpu cooler from the start. This helps prevent constant up/down cycling

that comes with some so called 'silent' setups that have a whoa to go fan speed profile.

- If you run the machine in high ambient air temps a cooling pad can help too.

- You should also monitor the temps to verify that machine is not running too hot.

For cpu - Real Temp

If the machine has dedicated graphics processor -
    GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility

BossDweeb, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    W10 CPU fan not boosting to max speed

Hi Pablo,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

We would suggest you to update the following items and check the cpu fan speed and performance.

Check if there is a program to control the fan speed, may be the controller program is not compatible with Windows 10. Also check for the below list and please update it:

• BIOS.
    • Chipset drivers.
    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/pro...enovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-notebook-lenovo

If you don't find the drivers compatible for Windows 10. refer to the motherboard manufacturer website and check for updated chipset drivers and install it.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Jan 7, 2021
  4. brianzion Win User

How would you TWEAK this Bios to reduce fan speed?

Warp Speed on both my Fans

Hi hapiper have you had a look at your fan settings in your bios ? most will have settings to reduce fan speeds and most have smart technology for the cpu fan what's the motherboard you are using?

brianzion, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

How would you TWEAK this Bios to reduce fan speed?

1. How would you TWEAK this Bios to reduce fan speed? - Similar Threads - TWEAK Bios reduce

2. Temperature and Fan on Bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temperature and Fan on Bios: My fan keep spinning so hard while im just browsing or idle on dekstop. Then i check on bios and this is what is saw. Any solution for this?ThankyouFull Specification - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G - Motherboard: Asrock b450m hdv R4.0 - VGA: On Board RX Bega 11 - SSD: Apacer...
  3. Ethernet speed reduced by PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet speed reduced by PC: I have a gigabit net and sometimes I can use it without problems on my pc, but other times when I go to the internet device in the internet device manager, it says that it only does 100mbps instead of 1gb even when I set it to do speed and duplex 1gb or auto-negotiation, I've...
  4. How to reduce the speed of keyboard (not repeat delay)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reduce the speed of keyboard (not repeat delay)?: I am looking for a way to reduce the speed of the keyboard. In other words, the goal is intentionally reduce my typing speed. I am naturally a fast typist but due to some medical reasons I need a way slow myself down. It is almost impossible to do consciously (as I will fall...
  5. fan speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fan speed: how do i change my fan speed to make it less noisy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-speed/648babaa-d938-430d-8685-38b3bbedaf9c
  6. How can you reduce/fix noisy fan for dell inspiron 5000?

How can you reduce/fix noisy fan for dell inspiron 5000?: I have a brand new dell inspiron 13 5391, but every now and then, the fan starts being very noisy randomly, even though there’s very little stress/work the laptop is going through. Any solutions? submitted by /u/quickuse19 [link] [comments]...
  7. High fan speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High fan speed: My laptop is dual booted with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Both in windows and ubuntu its fan starts to run in maximum speed in normal use. It started to happenn only when I dual-booted, so its not a hardware problem. Moreover, I found a process named 'frontend' is running in the...
  8. how can I reduce wifi speed?

how can I reduce wifi speed?: I have a notebook that sucks my internet causing me lags on games, how I can reduce the notebook wifi ? submitted by /u/Chuil01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fn5sqh/how_can_i_reduce_wifi_speed/
  9. How would a server configure these tweaks?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How would a server configure these tweaks?: If a server needed these registry tweaks how would you come to the conclusion of what the values would be set to? [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Executive] "AdditionalCriticalWorkerThreads"...
  10. Fan speed control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan speed control: Second question of the day..! I'm running an Asus P6TD motherboard and in Win 7 used to use the Asus AI Suite to create a custom profile for the CPU fan speed which meant the fan was less noisy. AI Suite won't run on Win 10 - or at least the version I can download now...