Windows 10: how yo make firefox default browser win10

Discus and support how yo make firefox default browser win10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; just installed firefox, how to make default browser?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesChase1, Mar 10, 2019.

1. how yo make firefox default browser win10

just installed firefox, how to make default browser?

:)

JamesChase1, Mar 10, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Problems with Win10 and option to make Firefox default browser.....

Hi,

You may set your Firefox as default browser by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key+X, then choose Control Panel.
    • Under Adjust your computer's settings, click Default Programs.
    • Under Choose the programs that Windows users by default, click
      Set your default programs.
    • Choose Firefox in the left pane, then click Set this program as default.
    • Click OK.

Note: View by should be Small icons or Large icons.

Let us know how it goes.

Riel Alc, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Problems with Win10 and option to make Firefox default browser.....

Howdy RA,

First of all, thank you for your quick response!

I had stated in my original post that the options of trying to set Firefox browser as the default program for internet browsing has failed in all ways I have tried.

Just to make mention, my PC does not respond to the command of Windows key+X. No clue as to why not.

However, I opened the Control Panel and proceeded from there in your instructions.

These instructions seem to be another way to click settings, default apps, web browser, etc. I end up with the same windows options box.

Here are more details as to what has been done by me, thus far to resolve this issue:

1) I mentioned previously that I had tried to set Firefox by way of settings: through the browser itself, which takes me to settings, default apps and choose the web browser

This way failed because Firefox is not in the options list to choose from. (You will see this in the screenshot in my original post.)

2) I have tried to set Firefox by way of settings, choose default apps by
    file type and choosing html/htm and Firefox is not in the options to choose list.

Only the same 4 browser options are listed as the options, as seen in the screenshot in my original posting.

3) The third way I tried was by way of settings, choose default apps
    by protocol and once again, Firefox is not in the options to choose list.

4) I have also tried by settings, system, default apps, and scrolling down and clicking on
    reset in which all apps have to be manually reset, like from scratch in Win10 and Firefox still cannot be found in the list of browser apps to choose from.

(Extra work on my end for nothing, but still had to try it, just in case it might work.)

I have enclosed a screenshot of what I get when trying through the Control Panel way (your instructions) to set Firefox as my default web browser:

how yo make firefox default browser win10 1424c815-8e91-4e28-b5e3-85e3f0519dac.jpg

So, I have updated this forum as to the steps taken and yet still no success as to this issue.

Thanks again and still waiting for steps to fix it!

JEMMMARTIN, Mar 10, 2019
  4. how yo make firefox default browser win10

Problems with Win10 and option to make Firefox default browser.....

I have an ongoing issue with Win10 and Firefox browser.

I have two PC's and both are running Win10 with anniversary update installed.

Both PC's have over the past years, run Firefox browser as the default browser.

My issue is with one of the PC's not being able to make Firefox the default browser since Win10 update.

I have installed and uninstalled (8 )different versions of Firefox over the last few months, ever since the original Win10 update from Win8 and none of those versions could be made the default browser in this one PC.

I don't know if most of us realize the importance of using a browser everyday, and the importance of making it a default application, but I surely do now. I realize, how much it affects me and the extra steps I have to take in so many ways to do everyday
    things that use to be so simple.

I have contacted the Mozilla forum about this issue and nobody has anything to say.

I cannot seem to get help from them.

I have tried all ways I know of, to get Win10 to acknowledge that Firefox is an installed application and is operational.

The installed Firefox is not a portable version nor never has been.

Along with this issue, I am noticing on a daily basis, with the same PC, that Win10 keeps changing default apps, that were set by me,

to it's own choosing.

I get notifications of this happening, sometimes multiple times a day.

Win10 is doing this not on just one application, but multiple apps.

Why does Win10 keep doing this?

Is there a setting I have missed that would stop this?

I have enclosed a screenshot of the issue with Firefox browser.

Make note, that all (3) options of how to make a certain browser or (any app) default, have been tried, and Firefox is not available through any of those options.

(See the check-marked options @ bottom of screenshot.)

All of those options have been tried and failed.

how yo make firefox default browser win10 2426438e-7816-476b-ad32-9cbab9b4456a.jpg

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or resolutions regarding these issues!

JEMMMARTIN, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

how yo make firefox default browser win10

1. how yo make firefox default browser win10 - Similar Threads - firefox default browser

2. How to set Firefox as the default browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set Firefox as the default browser?: I noticed Firefox is no longer listed as a choice for my default browser. I'm old school. I know. [ATTACH] Anyone know of a workaround? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-firefox-as-the-default-browser/f073b2eb-2699-49a4-90a8-ccf381b41cb0
  3. how set Firefox as default web browser

how set Firefox as default web browser: Although I have it loaded, it doesn't show up as an option in the default app or in the "choose default app" section. Plus, I even have trouble loading it. I realize they'd rather I not use it, but I'd sure like the choice....
  4. downloading firefox for default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading firefox for default browser: I just got this laptop literally an hour ago. I want to install firefox as my default browser. it says I can't do it because I am in "s" mode and need to get an app from the Microsoft store. I can't find the app. I don't want internet explorer as my browser. can someone...
  5. How can I make Firefox my Default Browser in Windows Ten?

How can I make Firefox my Default Browser in Windows Ten?: how can I make Firefox my Default Browser in Windows Ten? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-firefox-my-default-browser-in/bb62dbc6-9b69-4eaa-98ae-854649c54529
  6. Can't make FireFox default browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't make FireFox default browser?: Every time I start FireFox I'm presented with a dialog asking if I want to make it my default browser. Yes I do!! I am brought to the screen which lets me choose a browser, but FireFox isn't among the choices. I choose to search for another browser and I'm brought to the...
  7. how do I make Firefox my default browser and not Edge?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I make Firefox my default browser and not Edge?: No matter what I try, I cannot make any other browser my default except for Edge, and I do not want that, and now especially even more because it is denying me!...
  8. Firefox not showing as default browser?

Firefox not showing as default browser?: So....I have tried everything (trust me I really have) and I've searched through numerous forums. This issue is just appallingly bad, and it seems to me that it is a deliberate attempt to force me to use browsers that Microsoft wants me to use...rather than what I CHOOSE....
  9. Make firefox as default app for "web browser"

in Browsers and Email
    Make firefox as default app for "web browser": Dear folks I was trying to change default app for " web browser" from Microsoft Edge to Firefox as per below : How to change your default browser in Windows 10 | Firefox Help I can't find Firefox as an option ? [img] Any idea how can I fix it ? Thx 101100
  10. How do I make Firefox my default browser

in Browsers and Email
    How do I make Firefox my default browser: [img] I've been using Firefox for several years now and have all my folders set up so I have easy access to desired websites. Yesterday I was doing something (not sure what) and when I opened my browser it opened as Bing. I went to Start...Three lines at the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keep firefox as default browser in win10