Windows 10: How you grant temporary local administrator rights to your users?

Discus and support How you grant temporary local administrator rights to your users? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello All, Is it possible to grant temporary local administrator rights for just specific end users? For example I need local administrative rights... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jasonturk, Dec 27, 2019.

1. jasonturk Win User

How you grant temporary local administrator rights to your users?

Hello All,

Is it possible to grant temporary local administrator rights for just specific end users? For example I need local administrative rights for just 15 minutes. Or one day. How you grant temporary local administrator rights to your users? Is there a basic solution or an advanced security product for this issue?

Thanks in advance

:)

jasonturk, Dec 27, 2019
  2. mcarky Win User

can this user be grant equal right as an administrator

Under windows 7 I didn't have a password, and was just known as user 001, or user-001, Nevertheless it was a default setting. Then after the download of 10, the start page had my name in the user box and asked for a password obviously gleaned from my email address. After adding the PW it opened up and appeared fine and had me listed as the administrator. Then the fun started and I have come to an assumption that user-001(win7) is the operator and requires the administrators password (win10) to start. Then when I (user-001) try to perform even simple functions like pasting photos to another folder, I get an administrator error message from the windows 10 OS preventing me. Although the continue button allows me to sometimes complete the process, the copied file appears differently, contains no data and so can't be opened. My plea for help is how do I find the original user-001 and can this user be grant equal right as an administrator?

mcarky, Dec 27, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Dec 27, 2019
  4. How you grant temporary local administrator rights to your users?

Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

How you grant temporary local administrator rights to your users?

1. How you grant temporary local administrator rights to your users? - Similar Threads - grant temporary local

2. Administrator rights reduced to Local?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator rights reduced to Local?: Administrator rights reduced to Local? I am the Administrator! I'm the only USER on this CPU. This BS is costing me money! I have a small business to run! And that stupid UAC is denying everything I try. There's no way to turn that off. Not without my Administrator...
  3. Administrator rights reduced to Local?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator rights reduced to Local?: Administrator rights reduced to Local? I am the Administrator! I'm the only USER on this CPU. This BS is costing me money! I have a small business to run! And that stupid UAC is denying everything I try. There's no way to turn that off. Not without my Administrator...
  4. Administrator rights reduced to Local?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Grant a member of the User's group Temporary access to a folder that normally requires...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Grant a member of the User's group Temporary access to a folder that normally requires...: If a user wants to access a folder that requires Admin privileges it prompts for a Admin password. But entering the password and granting the permission makes that permission permanent. Is there a way to grant it temporarily, that will expire when the user closes the folder?...
  6. Administrator rights as local user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator rights as local user?: Hello! I have a little problem for the busy community! Thanks already: The following scenario: I am a local user, so I don't have administrator rights on the Windows system! The password of the admin user is unknown to me. I don't want to change it either. That one...
  7. how to make my local user an administrator and make another local NOT

how to make my local user an administrator and make another local NOT: tried to kill the microsoft account and ended up with a new user that is suddenly the admin. my preferred local acct is no longer the admin. how can I make an account the admin and another no longer the admin. btw I am noticing that a lot of the tenforums tutorial show...
  8. Grant Admin Rights to Standard user for certain apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Grant Admin Rights to Standard user for certain apps: I Would like to know if there are any options to grant admin rights for certain apps to standard users. such as update and reinstall rights. only to specific applications....
  9. can this user be grant equal right as an administrator

can this user be grant equal right as an administrator: Under windows 7 I didn't have a password, and was just known as user 001, or user-001, Nevertheless it was a default setting. Then after the download of 10, the start page had my name in the user box and asked for a password obviously gleaned from my email address. After...
  10. How to give access to a user to a program with administrator rights...

in Windows 10 Support
    How to give access to a user to a program with administrator rights...: ... with UAC prompt? (sorry this didn't fit the title space) When I search the internet I keep finding tutorials, some safe, others unsafe about giving administrator permissions to a user that is not an administrator. Unfortunately, all of those are also about suppressing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. temporary admin access in windows 10 user account

2. how to grant temporary admin access on windows device

3. how to use temporary admin account

4. windows 10 temporary local admin,
  5. grant temporary admin rights