Windows 10: howHow to back up Exclusions & How to reset Defender to Factory Setting?

Discus and support howHow to back up Exclusions & How to reset Defender to Factory Setting? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As per the title, 2-part question:1How do I backup and restore Defender AV Exclusions or, where are these kept as file??2 How do I reset my Defender to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ben Robberecht, Jun 23, 2022.

1. howHow to back up Exclusions & How to reset Defender to Factory Setting?

As per the title, 2-part question:1How do I backup and restore Defender AV Exclusions or, where are these kept as file??2 How do I reset my Defender to factory Setting?My Defender no longer shows what files were found or what actions it took, for whatever reason.It tells me sometimes it has taken some action on a whatever file, but the History is empty?I tried several options even Registry Edits and Registry Files to do this, but no ball:The errors stay.Thank you beforehand:Ben

:)

Ben Robberecht, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Jimmy9190 Win User

howHow to back up Exclusions & How to reset Defender to Factory Setting?

Unable to set exclusions in Windows Defender

Hello everyone,

I am a long-time lurker here but this is my first post here. I have an HP desktop and a Toshiba laptop, both updated to Windows 10 and would like to just use Defender as my primary AV. Both computers have Defender enabled, MBAM Premium and MBAE Premium, also running the free version of CryptoPrevent. Defender appears to be working OK but I want to set exclusions in it for my MBAM programs. The problem is all of the settings for extensions in Defender are all grayed out and I can not use them at all. I thought it was a real time conflict so I removed MBAM Premium and the exclusions problem still exists. Here is a screen shot of my Defender exclusion settings page. I appreciate any help or suggestions on this.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Jimmy9190, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

howHow to back up Exclusions & How to reset Defender to Factory Setting?

1. howHow to back up Exclusions & How to reset Defender to Factory Setting? - Similar Threads - howHow Exclusions reset

2. How to reset registry or windows 7 professional back to factory settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset registry or windows 7 professional back to factory settings: Was given a used computer with windows 7 professional on it. It has some kind of settings or something to where I can't install anything or even update anything. Now the windows update won't search for updates gives error code. I was trying to install a printer using the disc...
  3. How to reset registry or windows 7 professional back to factory settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset registry or windows 7 professional back to factory settings: Was given a used computer with windows 7 professional on it. It has some kind of settings or something to where I can't install anything or even update anything. Now the windows update won't search for updates gives error code. I was trying to install a printer using the disc...
  4. howHow to back up Exclusions & How to reset Defender to Factory Setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    howHow to back up Exclusions & How to reset Defender to Factory Setting?: As per the title, 2-part question:1How do I backup and restore Defender AV Exclusions or, where are these kept as file??2 How do I reset my Defender to factory Setting?My Defender no longer shows what files were found or what actions it took, for whatever reason.It tells me...
  5. howHow to back up Exclusions & How to reset Defender to Factory Setting?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    howHow to back up Exclusions & How to reset Defender to Factory Setting?: As per the title, 2-part question:1How do I backup and restore Defender AV Exclusions or, where are these kept as file??2 How do I reset my Defender to factory Setting?My Defender no longer shows what files were found or what actions it took, for whatever reason.It tells me...
  6. how do I reset my computer back to factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I reset my computer back to factory settings: I want to reset my computer to factory settings in order to sell it. How do I do that??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-computer-back-to-factory/c340b07b-66d5-4272-90f6-7f2bbacc0590
  7. Back to factory setting

Back to factory setting: How do i get log in page desk to and fonts back to factory setting, mine looks like sh#$ there is no theme background is black but i can change it to gray. I just want it back the way it wa...
  8. Set up exclusions for Windows Defender

Set up exclusions for Windows Defender: I don’t want Windows Defender to scan some files in the folders. Please help me to set up the exclusions. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-exclusions-for-windows-defender/afe82e90-0e47-42c0-a7c5-ad0a4e025a67"
  9. how to reset factory settings

how to reset factory settings: the settings onmy laptop is out of sync. how can i resetthe original factory settings pse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/how-to-reset-factory-settings/7d74a6d9-498a-4ff0-b093-4a3efddd0f54
  10. Unable to set exclusions in Windows Defender

Unable to set exclusions in Windows Defender: Hello everyone, I am a long-time lurker here but this is my first post here. I have an HP desktop and a Toshiba laptop, both updated to Windows 10 and would like to just use Defender as my primary AV. Both computers have Defender enabled, MBAM Premium and MBAE Premium,...