Windows 10: How's that Equation Editor inserts bullet operator instead of dot oper

Discus and support How's that Equation Editor inserts bullet operator instead of dot oper in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi. Cambria Math being the only one font availabe for equations is pretty annoying if you need to keep your document consistent and you are using the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Polda18, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Polda18 Win User

How's that Equation Editor inserts bullet operator instead of dot oper

Hi. Cambria Math being the only one font availabe for equations is pretty annoying if you need to keep your document consistent and you are using the standard Times New Roman font. So I installed XITS Math and now I can use that one as well. I installed it because it's pretty much an exact copy of Times New Roman with additional mathematical symbols for the Equation Editor. But using this one, a new issue has resurfaced. The Equation Editor uses WRONG glyph for multiplication dot! Not knowing that, when I tried to negotiate the issue with the author of the mathematical font, he replied to me this:

How's that Equation Editor inserts bullet operator instead of dot oper [​IMG]

I didn't bother about the correct glyph before this issue reappeared. In fact, I didn't bother about any glyph at all, before I had to use XITS Math and this fact struck me in the eyes. Instead of inserting the multiplication dot by the Equation Editor, I have to insert it using \cdot sequence and pressing spacebar to insert the correct glyph. I am not used to that and it's quite annoying. Does anybody else have the same issue? Why does Equation Editor insert bullet operator instead of dot operator, like it did in previous versions of Equation Editor (the old good Equation Editor 3.0 for instance). I don't want to use old MS Office just for that. That means, I need to use the new format, but Equation Editor 3.0 is unavailable and this is the only one alternative free of charge (of course, I could purchase Math Type, but I don't want to - yet)

:)

Polda18, Apr 18, 2019

2. Equation Editor

Equation Editor (Word 2016 Version 1807) not working properly, unlike Version 1806 which does work properly. The difference is that I can save shortcuts to math autocorrect in Version 1806, but in Version 1807 the shortcuts are not recognized. I have
    tried reverting back to Version 1806 (following the instructions provided by Microsoft) without success. Anyone else having the problem?

Ronald Johnston, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Where is the insert equation option?

Where is the insert equation option?

Marc Pieraccini, Apr 18, 2019
  4. CBJ_929 Win User

Equation Editor

I am a high school math teacher. I need equation editor and it is no longer in the word program. This leaves me stranded. I tried using math type but word won’t support it. I have a brand new laptop and I now regret not getting a Mac. However, I am
    stuck with this.

WHAT DO I DO???

CBJ_929, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

1. How's that Equation Editor inserts bullet operator instead of dot oper - Similar Threads - How's Equation Editor

2. Operator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operator: I have Spyware blocking access to my computer please call me 803 206 4125 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operator/955a4ff5-1f36-4908-ac85-e288799574a0
  3. Operator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Operator: I have Spyware blocking access to my computer please call me 803 206 4125 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operator/955a4ff5-1f36-4908-ac85-e288799574a0
  4. Classic Operating Systems Hate Spaces Instead of Underscores

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Classic Operating Systems Hate Spaces Instead of Underscores: This is what a space looks like. " "This is what an underscore looks like. "_"The classic operating systems like Windows 95, Windows 3.1, and MS-DOS hate the spaces instead of the underscores.There are some reasons why the classic operating systems hate the spaces instead of...
  5. Classic Operating Systems Hate Spaces Instead of Underscores

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Classic Operating Systems Hate Spaces Instead of Underscores: This is what a space looks like. " "This is what an underscore looks like. "_"The classic operating systems like Windows 95, Windows 3.1, and MS-DOS hate the spaces instead of the underscores.There are some reasons why the classic operating systems hate the spaces instead of...
  6. Classic Operating Systems Hate Spaces Instead of Underscores

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bluetooth not operating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not operating: Hi, so my Bluetooth stopped working properly as of late.I tried to connect some new wireless earbuds, but it wouldn't even let me scan for the device.Also, I am unable to remove any previously paired devices at all. It says "remove...
  8. How To install An Operating System

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To install An Operating System: Whenever I open my pc it shows "an operating system was not found " i have ubuntu in my penderive so how can i install ubuntu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-an-operating-system/95393385-11cf-4bba-9e62-feb2ff816ea0
  9. How to Change Operating system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Change Operating system: How to Change Window Phone, Window Operating system into Android operating System. Phone (Microsoft Lumia 640 xl Dual Sim) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-operating-system/55af8dba-f940-4e95-bb93-d8470e599967
  10. No operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No operating system: Hii, I had formatted my C: drive accidentally. I have windows 10 pen drive but I am not able to install windows 10. Please help me. 79718