Windows 10: Howto clean MicrosoftEdge history and cache and formfill and passwords

Discus and support Howto clean MicrosoftEdge history and cache and formfill and passwords in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi people, In microsoft Edge, at the history settings you can setup the whole kind of data which you want to be wiped. Clearly so that Edge runs as... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Geeviz, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Geeviz Win User

Howto clean MicrosoftEdge history and cache and formfill and passwords

Hi people,

In microsoft Edge, at the history settings you can setup the whole kind of data which you want to be wiped. Clearly so that Edge runs as new without saved password, filled in forms, history etcetera.

I have tried several scripts and powershell scrips to delete history and cache but the settings for passwords and formfill still remains. E.G. My Edge is history cleaned but he still logs in Gmail automatically.

E.g. 2: Ccleaner can do the cleanup trick but where does CC store the information / script to clean Edge securely and complete?

I found out - by the way - that web references is a part of IE and is set here:
    C:\Users\[Usernamehere]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Vault

[ My question: ]

How can I setup a Powershell script or Vbs or bat so that the computer clears Microsoft Edge automatically for me at startup with all options like history/passwords/active sessions/cookies

I have tried several scripts but it cleans faulty and edge starts now each time with recovery and restored settings *Sick

:)

Geeviz, Jan 12, 2019

2. Passwords in Windows 8.1 Phone

We suggest that you clear cache and cookies by following the steps below:

• Tap the Internet Explorer live tile on the home screen.
    • Tap on the ellipses (...) at the bottom right.
    • Scroll down and tap settings.
    • Scroll down and tap delete history.
    • Tap delete to confirm.
    • Wait a few seconds for the cache and cookies to clear.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Jan 12, 2019
  3. hazyr Win User
    clear browsing history automatically as I leave

Follow the steps below to clear your browsing history, cookies and saved website data, cached data, download history, form data, passwords and more with two clicks.

What steps below there are none.

hazyr, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Howto clean MicrosoftEdge history and cache and formfill and passwords

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Howto clean MicrosoftEdge history and cache and formfill and passwords

1. Howto clean MicrosoftEdge history and cache and formfill and passwords - Similar Threads - Howto clean MicrosoftEdge

2. Clean history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean history: Clean history https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-history/a7272da7-131e-4472-9ec8-bd58a86ca2cd
  3. Clean history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean history: Clean history https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-history/a7272da7-131e-4472-9ec8-bd58a86ca2cd
  4. Cached domain password reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cached domain password reset: We have windows XP computer with cached AD user login. This computer is no longer attached to internet. But it is removed from domain server side, but computer still shows domain because it is not removed from it computer side. User forgot old password which was used to...
  5. Cached domain password reset

Cached domain password reset: We have windows XP computer with cached AD user login. This computer is no longer attached to internet. But it is removed from domain server side, but computer still shows domain because it is not removed from it computer side. User forgot old password which was used to...
  6. Cache cleaning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cache cleaning: Hello : Does anyone know if I clean the "prefetch", "temp" or "%temp%" folder there might be some problem on my pc? some people say that deleting can improve performance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cache-cleaning/9c51962f-6ece-4313-a404-255681ac73d5
  7. Cache cleaning

Cache cleaning: Hello : Does anyone know if I clean the "prefetch", "temp" or "%temp%" folder there might be some problem on my pc? some people say that deleting can improve performance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cache-cleaning/9c51962f-6ece-4313-a404-255681ac73d5
  8. where is the clean cache in Edge?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    where is the clean cache in Edge?: Can no longer find the clean cache in Edge?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-clean-cache-in-edge/f882499a-585f-4c26-bae6-ec79c12f5cb0
  9. formfilling

in Windows 10 Customization
    formfilling: when trying to enter my email into forms or make payments online form disappears and goes back to startup page. what could be causing this to happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formfilling/eb9029a4-b743-4f5c-9f38-6270160bb76c
  10. Need an howto

in Windows 10 News
    Need an howto: Want to rename an *.exe to exchange it with another, but Windows says No. The question is, how i can get full access for all my files without using a Linux or another Unix?