Windows 10: Howto clean MicrosoftEdge history and cache and formfill and passwords

Discus and support Howto clean MicrosoftEdge history and cache and formfill and passwords in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi people, In microsoft Edge, at the history settings you can setup the whole kind of data which you want to be wiped. Clearly so that Edge runs as... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Geeviz, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Geeviz Win User

Howto clean MicrosoftEdge history and cache and formfill and passwords

Hi people,

In microsoft Edge, at the history settings you can setup the whole kind of data which you want to be wiped. Clearly so that Edge runs as new without saved password, filled in forms, history etcetera.

I have tried several scripts and powershell scrips to delete history and cache but the settings for passwords and formfill still remains. E.G. My Edge is history cleaned but he still logs in Gmail automatically.

E.g. 2: Ccleaner can do the cleanup trick but where does CC store the information / script to clean Edge securely and complete?

I found out - by the way - that web references is a part of IE and is set here:
    C:\Users\[Usernamehere]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Vault

[ My question: ]

How can I setup a Powershell script or Vbs or bat so that the computer clears Microsoft Edge automatically for me at startup with all options like history/passwords/active sessions/cookies

I have tried several scripts but it cleans faulty and edge starts now each time with recovery and restored settings *Sick

:)

Geeviz, Jan 12, 2019

2. Passwords in Windows 8.1 Phone

We suggest that you clear cache and cookies by following the steps below:

• Tap the Internet Explorer live tile on the home screen.
    • Tap on the ellipses (...) at the bottom right.
    • Scroll down and tap settings.
    • Scroll down and tap delete history.
    • Tap delete to confirm.
    • Wait a few seconds for the cache and cookies to clear.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Jan 12, 2019
  3. hazyr Win User
    clear browsing history automatically as I leave

Follow the steps below to clear your browsing history, cookies and saved website data, cached data, download history, form data, passwords and more with two clicks.

What steps below there are none.

hazyr, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Howto clean MicrosoftEdge history and cache and formfill and passwords

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Howto clean MicrosoftEdge history and cache and formfill and passwords

1. Howto clean MicrosoftEdge history and cache and formfill and passwords - Similar Threads - Howto clean MicrosoftEdge

2. Need an howto

in Windows 10 News
    Need an howto: Want to rename an *.exe to exchange it with another, but Windows says No. The question is, how i can get full access for all my files without using a Linux or another Unix?
  3. cache

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cache: start up GOOGLE, and start YAHOO, ZYNGA, screen locks, on bottom of display, says waiting for CACHE. Then the computer hangs up, must shutdown, by turning computer off, not shutdown. seems to run fine until google...
  4. Clearing cache

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clearing cache: How do I clear cache on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cache/1b4043d8-15be-4402-8bac-078d8b32570c
  5. Password not accepted after clean boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password not accepted after clean boot: In order to test my windows performance I did a clean boot as described here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows Now Im not able to login using my PIN code and when using my microsoft account (I see my account`s avatar...
  6. Privacy - howto background apps query

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy - howto background apps query: I wanted to turn off Edge, so went to settings / privacy - and clicked on running background apps. My other pc's show a fairly comprehensive list, but this Windows 10. 32 bit laptop shows just one entry for Skype. Any thoughts how I can restore the anticipated list. Thanks...
  7. Restoring Microsoft Edge start page after cache clean.

in Browsers and Email
    Restoring Microsoft Edge start page after cache clean.: I know that by rebooting the PC that this restores the start page and I also know that the start page is a script part of which logs me into my Microsoft account. Does anyone know how to run the script without having to always reboot the computer.? 80721
  8. cache

in Browsers and Email
    cache: when using chrome with windows 10 I have this problem about every 15 web pages that are opened up the computer locks up, at the lower left of the screen,it shows this message waiting for cache. I have to reboot the computer, then it works for a while. how do I fix this?...
  9. Howto mount an ISO file automatically?

in Windows 10 Support
    Howto mount an ISO file automatically?: Magic ISO was removed when I updated to Windows 10 (though I had to clean up afterwards). One thing I found very useful with MagicISO was the ability to have several ISO files that were always mounted, but it appears that I can't RMB on an ISO file and tell Windows 10 to...
  10. W10 caching

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 caching: On all my systems I check the Resource Monitor > Memory tab from time to time. It is my impression that W10 does a lot more caching than the other Windows. Even after little use I have a cache with appr. 3GB of stuff. What is your experience. 3334