Windows 10: Howto create WinPE USB flash drive which remembers shortcuts on deskto

Discus and support Howto create WinPE USB flash drive which remembers shortcuts on deskto in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There are many guides out there which tell me how to create an WinPE bootable USB flash drive. Unfortunately when I boot from such an USB flash drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pstein, Jul 26, 2019.

1. pstein Win User

Howto create WinPE USB flash drive which remembers shortcuts on deskto

There are many guides out there which tell me how to create an WinPE bootable USB flash drive.
    Unfortunately when I boot from such an USB flash drive later and create e.g. some shortcuts (to additional prgms) on desktop/TaskBar
    then these shortcuts gets lost after shutdown.

This is because the WinPE copies at first after bootup all necessary files to an internal Ramdisk and uses them instead of the original Win10 files.
    So created shortcuts are not permanent beyond next reboot.

Maybe there is a workaround resp.solution to make such shortcuts permanent anyway.

Peter

:)

pstein, Jul 26, 2019

2. creating a boot ghost usb

Hi Freddy,

Ghost is a disk cloning and backup tool. In Windows, we can easily create a bootable USB with your cloned system.

• First, prepare the WinPE which we will use to capture the customized image by following the steps on this

link
    • Boot into WinPE to capture the computer image you have customized. To do it, check out this

link
    • Then, convert WIM file into ISO.
    • Lastly, create the Bootable USB with your customized image.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jhessica Sur, Jul 26, 2019
  3. regism Win User
    How to create Windows 10 system image on a usb flash drive

Thanks Maria:

I made a system image on a USB flash drive using the tools available in Windows 10. I want to make this image bootable so that I can reinstall it on my computer from the same USB flash drive. Can I do this using the method you have suggested?

If not, can you or anyone else tell me how to do this?

Thanks again,

Regis

regism, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Howto create WinPE USB flash drive which remembers shortcuts on deskto - Similar Threads - Howto create WinPE

2. Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives: I am trying to create a recovery drive for a brand new Dell computer running Windows 11 and keep getting this error with different flash drives: "Connect a USB flash drive. The drive must be able to hold at least 32 GB, and everything on the drive will be...
  3. Simple task create a bootable WinPE USB harddrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simple task create a bootable WinPE USB harddrive: I started here:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/winpe-create-usb-bootable-drive?view=windows-10In Step 3.3 I took the option to go...
  4. Which storage to create a bootable drive, a usb 2.0 flash drive or a microsd card?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which storage to create a bootable drive, a usb 2.0 flash drive or a microsd card?: 8gb usb 3.0 drives cost $20 here in my country, but usb 2.0 and sdcards cost $5. Is it even viable to use them to restore Windows 10? submitted by /u/Pridyider [link] [comments]...
  5. Problem to add WinPE in UEFI Flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem to add WinPE in UEFI Flash drive: I've made windows 10 bootable flash drive (Legacy) and added WinPE with EasyBCD to it. It's working fine. Now I've made UEFI bootable flash drive, working fine. Same way I've added WinPE with EasyBCD. But it's not working. after Loading files.... my WinPE is not booting. How...
  6. Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive: I bought a licence from the Microsoft store so my Windows 10 is legit. When I try to create a USB flash drive Recovery, I get the error that some files are missing so the Recovery could not be created. Help please....
  7. Creating a shortcut to a programme on a usb drive.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a shortcut to a programme on a usb drive.: hey folks, I want to be able to create a shortcut to launch a programme that is stored in a folder on a usb drive and have that shortcut on the actual usb drive itself, not on windows desktop as that way is easy enough to do, just send to desktop. I use a few different...
  8. Creating bootable USB 3.0 Flash Drive...

Creating bootable USB 3.0 Flash Drive...: I have followed instructions to create my own Windows 10 To Go flash drive. I have two suitable USB 3.0 flash drives: Corsair Voyager GTX and Super Talent RC4, both 128 GB versions. The Corsair Voyager GTX is not a certified Windows To Go drive, whereas the Super Talent...
  9. Format drive before creating a bootable USB flash drive?

Format drive before creating a bootable USB flash drive?: Hi, If your USB flash drive has data on it or maybe an earlier version of the Windows 10 installation media for example. Do you have to format the USB flash drive manually in windows (right click and format) before using the Windows Media Creation Tool to create the Windows...
  10. Create a WinPE USB or ISO

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create a WinPE USB or ISO: How to: Create a WinPE USB or ISO [img] Information Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) boot device belongs to every geeks toolbox. A quote from Wikipedia: WinPE was originally intended to be used only as a pre-installation platform for deploying Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to create winpe usb 1903