Windows 10: howto disable specific windows Fxx hotkeys?

Discus and support howto disable specific windows Fxx hotkeys? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; game programmer issue. i wanna disable the i think explorer internal F10 hotkey, which apparently is supposed to open the system menu of 'apps'/regular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by irrelevantname, Feb 8, 2020.

1. howto disable specific windows Fxx hotkeys?

game programmer issue. i wanna disable the i think explorer internal F10 hotkey, which apparently is supposed to open the system menu of 'apps'/regular program windows. i don't need this. it's useless who uses that? probably nobody. i also might wanna disable the de-bugger hotkey F12 too i dunno why this is even in there - it's just a random exception generator. kernel function my butt and re-use the button to add the internal 'engine' debug menu/console.

so... is there anything i can do to remove those? i tried gpedit.msc and a suggested registry string add. none of those work. anything else?

:)

irrelevantname, Feb 8, 2020

2. How to disable hotkeys in Lenovo Ideapad MIIX?

Hi Ricardo,

Please refer to the below article to disable the hotkey feature in your device. (Refer to the section below the topic
    Solution which explains steps to disable the hotkeys).

Enable function key feature without pressing Fn on ideapad U300s, U300e, and U400 - Windows 7 - DE

If this doesn't helps, I suggest you to contact the Lenovo support team as the device manufacturer has set the hotkeys for the devices for convenient usage. Click on the below link to go to the Lenovo support team;

Home - Global Support - US

Let us know if you need further assistance on Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Hydrate Win User
    Disabling a hotkey in Windows Explorer

I can provide you with a Windows registry script that will disable all Windows hotkeys, without using third party software.

Would you be interested in that?

Hydrate, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

howto disable specific windows Fxx hotkeys?

Easy enable/disable microphone?

Hmmm... wonder if windows has a keyboard shortcut to do that, will research and get back.

There are quite a few keyboards out there that have volume control and mute right at your fingertips.

Edit: check this out "NirCmd" - look at the link for available arguments, there should be one for mic volume

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...-hotkey-to-mute-the-system-volume-in-windows/

Edit2: it's "changesysvolume" - use "microphone" as the second argument - look it up on the NirCmd refernce page.

Edit3: Lookie here, 1st answer has a .bat way to do it. Super key to pause, mute mic, and mute speakers in windows

Sasqui, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

howto disable specific windows Fxx hotkeys?

1. howto disable specific windows Fxx hotkeys? - Similar Threads - howto disable specific

2. Disabling the Office hotkey in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling the Office hotkey in Windows 11: Windows uses the hyper =alt+shift+ctrl+win key in several shortcuts. hyper+l for example opens a browser to the linkedin website. hyper+o opens ms outlook. hyper+t opens ms teams. I intend to use these shortcuts for other purposes. How do I disable windows from using the...
  3. Disabling the Office hotkey in Windows 10

Disabling the Office hotkey in Windows 10: I recently purchased a keyboard that comes with a 'hyper' key, which counts as a combination of alt+shift+ctrl+win and is used as a modifier key. Unfortunately, Windows seems to think that's the key combination to open Office, and even though I don't have Office installed on...
  4. Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?: Basically I set up some global hotkeys for my app such as WinKey+Home/End/-/+, and Function keys, but Windows steals the WinKey+Home/End/+ hotkeys and doesn't let me app to fire its own actions. I can see what Windows is doing with these global hotkeys but is there a way to...
  5. Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?

Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?: Basically I set up some global hotkeys for my app such as WinKey+Home/End/-/+, and Function keys, but Windows steals the WinKey+Home/End/+ hotkeys and doesn't let me app to fire its own actions. I can see what Windows is doing with these global hotkeys but is there a way to...
  6. Hotkey help - Select Specific window?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hotkey help - Select Specific window?: Lets say you have 10 "active" windows/programs. Some are in restored state, some minimized. I know that you can toggle between windows by either Alt+tab or Alt+Ctrl+Tab, but is there hotkey to select a specific program/window? 181065
  7. Can't Completely Disable Snipping Tool (Or change specific hotkey)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Completely Disable Snipping Tool (Or change specific hotkey): I'm looking to completely disable the Snipping Tool on my device. My goal is to prevent snipping tool or anything microsoft related from opening when I press the PrntScrn button as I am wanting to use a third party software for this. I want the PrntScrn button to do...
  8. Can't Completely Disable Snipping Tool Or change specific hotkey

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Completely Disable Snipping Tool Or change specific hotkey: I'm looking to completely disable the Snipping Tool on my device. My goal is to prevent snipping tool or anything microsoft related from opening when I press the PrntScrn button as I am wanting to use a third party software for this. I want the PrntScrn button to do...
  9. Howto permanently disable unistack duplicate services?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Howto permanently disable unistack duplicate services?: I mean the duplicates with the cryptic numbers (like _6cf817e) in the services.msc. They do not add vital functionality to the system. All the standard services work as intended. The collective of this service group just reserve 1 GB of memory and add nothing. I want the...
  10. Disabling a hotkey in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling a hotkey in Windows Explorer: How can I disable the Ctrl+D hotkey (that deletes files) in Windows Explorer? I'm specifically looking for a solution that does not involve 3rd party software; so preferably something like Group Policy, or a Registry key, or some other built-in method. 87870