Windows 10: HP 15 Laptop will not Power Up with Windows 10 1803

Discus and support HP 15 Laptop will not Power Up with Windows 10 1803 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP 15 Laptop that was working perfectly fine until two days ago. I attempted to check my mail and immediately noticed that the screen was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by good2go7, Mar 12, 2019.

1. good2go7 Win User

HP 15 Laptop will not Power Up with Windows 10 1803

I have an HP 15 Laptop that was working perfectly fine until two days ago. I attempted to check my mail and immediately noticed that the screen was totally black. I tried everything up to and including turning the computer off and on more than a dozen times. I have researched the web for clues but not of the information has helped. I have performed the following tasks:

1. Powered the computer down.

2. Removed the battery.

3. Held the power button down for 30 - 60 seconds as directed.

4. Plugged the power cord into the computer and turned the computer on with no change.

5. Re-installed the battery without the power cord and no change.

6. Plugged the power cord back into the battery, restarted the computer and no change.

Help or has the laptop become a brick?

:)

good2go7, Mar 12, 2019

2. Battery Problem { hp envy 15}

Hi Mohsin,

I am sorry to know that you have been facing battery issue for 2 months.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Try to run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings,
    which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X then click on Search option.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    If the issue persist, then I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below ad check. If you cant perform few steps on your own please check with HP.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10):

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge:

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge | HP® Customer Support

Please get back to us with the results to assist you further.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 12, 2019
  3. HP Pavillion Power 15" Windows 10 Freeze

My Laptop keeps freezing once in a while. Once it freezes, it will stay frozen until i either unplug my charger or replug my charger.

I am still unable to fix it, but here are some input.

Laptop: HP Pavillion Power 15"

Some symptoms:

• Ram is around 80% usage or higher
    • The computer does not lag
    • This happens less frequently after restarting and happens more frequently the longer I kept the laptop on or without shutting down (sleeping and turning on)

Thing's I have tried to change:

• the max cpu power in the power management
    • the power plan

Steven Mahasin, Mar 12, 2019
  4. HP 15 Laptop will not Power Up with Windows 10 1803

Windows 10, HP laptop battery "plugged in, not charging"

For HP laptop there is a new power management tool/driver which actually (if turn on) try to use AC power after a certain % of battery draining. In my case even if I have the power on my battery drain constantly upto 15% and then stays there. Its annoying if you are not aware about it and if you are planning to use your laptop on battery for longer time turn off this feature first.

Steps in Windows 10:

1. Go to search (next to windows icon in the left side dock)
    2. Search for HP AC Power control
    3. Click it and turn off or change the time

Sambit Sahoo, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

HP 15 Laptop will not Power Up with Windows 10 1803

1. HP 15 Laptop will not Power Up with Windows 10 1803 - Similar Threads - Laptop Power 1803

2. HP Pavilion 15 gaming laptop power LED lights up for a few seconds but laptop won't turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion 15 gaming laptop power LED lights up for a few seconds but laptop won't turn on: Hello.My laptop was working perfectly the night before. This morning, it just won't turn on.Everytime I press the power button, its LED lights up for about 5 seconds and turns off. The laptop itself doesn't come on no fans, screen stays black, keyboard backlight stays off,...
  3. HP Pavilion 15 gaming laptop power LED lights up for a few seconds but laptop won't turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion 15 gaming laptop power LED lights up for a few seconds but laptop won't turn on: Hello.My laptop was working perfectly the night before. This morning, it just won't turn on.Everytime I press the power button, its LED lights up for about 5 seconds and turns off. The laptop itself doesn't come on no fans, screen stays black, keyboard backlight stays off,...
  4. windows 10 hp 15 laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 hp 15 laptop: terrible thing happened a couple of days ago my computer apparantly installed a windows update, now I have no access to my toolbar or settings, I tried everything to reverse this, even reset which it abandoned after 62 percent and then reported no change was made,. all the...
  5. My hp 15 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My hp 15 laptop: I had to do a factory reset on my hp 15 , i can’t access the start menu, windows 10 won’t install and i can’t get a internet connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-15-laptop/60ddf318-b73e-4236-979b-1aab3e073c5e
  6. HP Pavillion 15 Power/battery issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Pavillion 15 Power/battery issue: I have an HP Pavillion 15 Just recently I have been having trouble with my power/battery. I can charge up my laptop using the power cord when it its powered off, but when I turn on my laptop and attach the cord it will not charge while using. Is there a setting that I may...
  7. HP Laptop 15-F278NR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laptop 15-F278NR: I am going to sell this what is the best way to clean everything up except windows 10 and HP drivers the best I can Thanks George. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-15-f278nr/4dcd8af9-1da2-4194-b054-771885348370
  8. HP 15 laptop won't power on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP 15 laptop won't power on: Hello, I recently pulled out my HP 15 laptop that I have not used in a few months(laptop is 5ish years old). Last time I used it was about 4 months ago when I reinstalled Windows 10 on it and it worked fine. Today it booted normally when I hit the power button but took a...
  9. activating Windows 10 on my HP 15 laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    activating Windows 10 on my HP 15 laptop: Hello. Hi how do activate Windows 10 on my HP 15 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-windows-10-on-my-hp-15-laptop/f695ace1-cd92-46f3-8b7f-bad9ff5cd878
  10. hp 15 laptop question

in Windows 10 Support
    hp 15 laptop question: Why does my system not respond to commands even typing there is a delay also loose connection to internet 50% of the time when searching the web ? Hp replaced HD 2 weeks ago now I have this problem bought laptop in oct and they say it is out of warranty only 3 months old...