Windows 10: HP 15 laptop won't power on

Discus and support HP 15 laptop won't power on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently pulled out my HP 15 laptop that I have not used in a few months(laptop is 5ish years old). Last time I used it was about 4 months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CalebThoennes, May 30, 2019.

1. HP 15 laptop won't power on

Hello,

I recently pulled out my HP 15 laptop that I have not used in a few months(laptop is 5ish years old). Last time I used it was about 4 months ago when I reinstalled Windows 10 on it and it worked fine. Today it booted normally when I hit the power button but took a sluggish 3-5 minutes to boot windows (from 5400RPM mechanical hard drive). I was able to play around on it for about an hour and I shut it down. About 15 minutes later I tried booting it off of just the battery and it didn't boot (no logo, screen didn't light up, no LED indicator). I then plugged in the laptop with battery in and tried booting, same issue, didn't boot but LED indicator was red. I pulled out the battery and replaced it with a working battery from another identical working laptop and didn't boot(while on charger and off). Other laptop booted off of both batteries. As I am writing this laptop has charged for about 15 minutes and was able to boot off of charger.

I thought this could be an issue with static, but not sure. It could also just be a result of the laptop sitting dormant for quite some time. I also thought this might be an issue with a failing hard drive. I believe this could also be an issue with me reinstalling windows onto the device.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

*Note -- I plan on installing a SSD into this system in a week or two to see what happens

:)

CalebThoennes, May 30, 2019
  2. Xjoejoex Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

HP 15 laptop won't power on [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, May 30, 2019
  3. HP Pavillion Power 15" Windows 10 Freeze

My Laptop keeps freezing once in a while. Once it freezes, it will stay frozen until i either unplug my charger or replug my charger.

I am still unable to fix it, but here are some input.

Laptop: HP Pavillion Power 15"

Some symptoms:

• Ram is around 80% usage or higher
    • The computer does not lag
    • This happens less frequently after restarting and happens more frequently the longer I kept the laptop on or without shutting down (sleeping and turning on)

Thing's I have tried to change:

• the max cpu power in the power management
    • the power plan

Steven Mahasin, May 30, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

HP 15 laptop won't power on

I have windows 10 and my printer is HP OFFICEJET PRO 8610. My laptop says it is offline What do I do?

Hi Donna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanni...ort-for-Windows-10-won-t-come-up/td-p/5323205

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 30, 2019
Thema:

HP 15 laptop won't power on

1. HP 15 laptop won't power on - Similar Threads - laptop won't power

2. HP Pavilion 15 gaming laptop power LED lights up for a few seconds but laptop won't turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion 15 gaming laptop power LED lights up for a few seconds but laptop won't turn on: Hello.My laptop was working perfectly the night before. This morning, it just won't turn on.Everytime I press the power button, its LED lights up for about 5 seconds and turns off. The laptop itself doesn't come on no fans, screen stays black, keyboard backlight stays off,...
  3. HP Pavilion 15 gaming laptop power LED lights up for a few seconds but laptop won't turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion 15 gaming laptop power LED lights up for a few seconds but laptop won't turn on: Hello.My laptop was working perfectly the night before. This morning, it just won't turn on.Everytime I press the power button, its LED lights up for about 5 seconds and turns off. The laptop itself doesn't come on no fans, screen stays black, keyboard backlight stays off,...
  4. My hp 15 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My hp 15 laptop: I had to do a factory reset on my hp 15 , i can’t access the start menu, windows 10 won’t install and i can’t get a internet connection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-15-laptop/60ddf318-b73e-4236-979b-1aab3e073c5e
  5. HP Pavillion 15 Power/battery issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Pavillion 15 Power/battery issue: I have an HP Pavillion 15 Just recently I have been having trouble with my power/battery. I can charge up my laptop using the power cord when it its powered off, but when I turn on my laptop and attach the cord it will not charge while using. Is there a setting that I may...
  6. HP Laptop 15-F278NR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laptop 15-F278NR: I am going to sell this what is the best way to clean everything up except windows 10 and HP drivers the best I can Thanks George. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-15-f278nr/4dcd8af9-1da2-4194-b054-771885348370
  7. DVDs Won't Play on my HP Laptop Model 15-1211wm

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVDs Won't Play on my HP Laptop Model 15-1211wm: DVD drawer will not open when eject is pressed. When it does open, DVDs and CDs will not play. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvds-wont-play-on-my-hp-laptop-model-15-1211wm/ce791f79-575f-4bb9-967e-4b963e5d6ebc
  8. hp envy laptop won't power on after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hp envy laptop won't power on after update: My company hp envy laptop wont power on at all after the last windows 10 update. Have done all the suggestions. Checked power cord, held power button in for 15 seconds(several times). Laptop was updating and taking forever. Went to bed when it was at 27%. Kept it plugged...
  9. HP 15 Laptop will not Power Up with Windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP 15 Laptop will not Power Up with Windows 10 1803: I have an HP 15 Laptop that was working perfectly fine until two days ago. I attempted to check my mail and immediately noticed that the screen was totally black. I tried everything up to and including turning the computer off and on more than a dozen times. I have researched...
  10. hp 15 laptop question

in Windows 10 Support
    hp 15 laptop question: Why does my system not respond to commands even typing there is a delay also loose connection to internet 50% of the time when searching the web ? Hp replaced HD 2 weeks ago now I have this problem bought laptop in oct and they say it is out of warranty only 3 months old...