Windows 10: HP 15 R001NE Windows 8.1 vs 10 performance?

Discus and support HP 15 R001NE Windows 8.1 vs 10 performance? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am using the above model since 7 years. I know its old. My target activities: 1. Working with File Explorer smoothly 2. Moderate level web browsing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by menggj, Feb 25, 2021.

1. menggj Win User

HP 15 R001NE Windows 8.1 vs 10 performance?

I am using the above model since 7 years. I know its old.
    My target activities:

1. Working with File Explorer smoothly
    2. Moderate level web browsing via any browser
    3. Run my student programs like Multisim, Matlab, CodeStudio, etc. efficiently

I have upgraded my RAM to 8GB.
    I resist spending any money for SSD.

I am asking this excellent forum and its members the way I must use this laptop in the coming period. I know Windows 10 is the only option.
    This laptop came originally with Windows 8.1 and it flew off my expectations when I upgraded my RAM to 8GB.

I have already used:

1. Windows 8.1 (excellent performance)
    2. Windows 10 1607 (excellent performance but somehow newer version programs don't work properly and less support for Microsoft Store Themes and Apps)
    3. Windows 10 1709, 1909, 2004, 20H2 (all of these slow in performance. Even simple operations like mouse clicking, explorer operations are SLOWER)

Please do not ask me to upgrade my hardware and after testing multiple times, newer Windows 10 builds have become slower than ever before on this hardware model than what 1607 build was.

Must I keep using Windows 8.1? I am fed up of slow performance on newer Windows 10 builds and kindly do not convince me that its my model's fault. When 8.1 can works wonderfully with a HDD then its 10's fault of only working with SSD's. I also used a company's PC and see that Windows 10 works smoothly with it, although IT USED NEWER HARDWARE BUT THE SAME HDD.

Windows 8.1 works wonderful and barebones than 10 on this laptop. I love it but keeping in mind active Windows 10 support, I keep reinstalling 10 and see its slowness. Its not a placebo!

Thanks to all of you!

:)

menggj, Feb 25, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 25, 2021
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Feb 25, 2021
  4. HP 15 R001NE Windows 8.1 vs 10 performance?

Battery Problem { hp envy 15}

Hi Mohsin,

I am sorry to know that you have been facing battery issue for 2 months.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Try to run the Power Troubleshooter.

Power troubleshooter will automatically fix some common issues with Power Plans. Run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings,
    which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X then click on Search option.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    If the issue persist, then I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below ad check. If you cant perform few steps on your own please check with HP.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10):

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-15-ae100-notebook-pc-(touch)/8502643/document/c04700771/

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-15-ae100-notebook-pc-(touch)/8502643/document/c00259897/

Please get back to us with the results to assist you further.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

HP 15 R001NE Windows 8.1 vs 10 performance?

1. HP 15 R001NE Windows 8.1 vs 10 performance? - Similar Threads - R001NE performance

2. How to get back high performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back high performance?: Hi, I am on windows 10 and I am trying to get more FPS in Minecraft, I attempted to choose the "High Performance" plan in power options, however it was not there. After doing the CMD health scan restore stuff, it still did not work. Basically, all the normal stuff that is...
  3. How to get back high performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get back high performance?: Hi, I am on windows 10 and I am trying to get more FPS in Minecraft, I attempted to choose the "High Performance" plan in power options, however it was not there. After doing the CMD health scan restore stuff, it still did not work. Basically, all the normal stuff that is...
  4. How to get back high performance?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  6. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset: Hello everyone, so ever since I reset my system everything has been working very poorly. Browers are laggy and oftentimes have visual bugs. Any game I play, even the ones that have a low benchmark stutter and lag with frequent fps drops. Before the reset I was able to play...
  7. PC has performance issues and stuttering ever since I did a system reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...: I've tried the command prompt trick. I opened the sims with steam, and it wouldnt work, Can u please send some solutions to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-problem-this-file-does-not-have/d478d6d0-970c-40ac-ae93-8b496334ac51
  9. How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...

How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...: I've tried the command prompt trick. I opened the sims with steam, and it wouldnt work, Can u please send some solutions to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-problem-this-file-does-not-have/d478d6d0-970c-40ac-ae93-8b496334ac51
  10. Performance ruined when plugging in USB C powerbank.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance ruined when plugging in USB C powerbank.: This is repeatable, just watch youtube and click stats for nerds and watch the frames dropped Its always at 0 until you plug the USB C powerbank in and it start dropping frames consistently. You can notice it anyway but for scientific purposes its there. Im on a Dell Latitude...