Windows 10: hp 15 windows 10 cannot make new desktop folders ?

Discus and support hp 15 windows 10 cannot make new desktop folders ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; any one own an HP-15 NOW WINDOWS 10 CAME BACK FROM SERVICE CANNOT MAKE NEW FOLDERS ANYMORE ??? PAUL R... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pauljripleyy, Oct 8, 2018.

1. hp 15 windows 10 cannot make new desktop folders ?

any one own an HP-15 NOW WINDOWS 10 CAME BACK FROM SERVICE CANNOT MAKE NEW FOLDERS ANYMORE ??? PAUL R

:)

pauljripleyy, Oct 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 8, 2018
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 8, 2018
  4. gudiya#1 Win User

hp 15 windows 10 cannot make new desktop folders ?

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

hp 15 windows 10 cannot make new desktop folders ?

1. hp 15 windows 10 cannot make new desktop folders ? - Similar Threads - cannot desktop folders

2. windows 10 hp 15 laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 hp 15 laptop: terrible thing happened a couple of days ago my computer apparantly installed a windows update, now I have no access to my toolbar or settings, I tried everything to reverse this, even reset which it abandoned after 62 percent and then reported no change was made,. all the...
  3. Command makes new windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command makes new windows 10 desktop: Howdy so I’ve had this happen a few times now and can’t figure out how it activates but I believe when I press w shift and z it makes my screen switch to a fresh windows 10 desktop some games let me open back up the app and it will bring me back to the desktop I booted...
  4. Desktop, cannot add new folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop, cannot add new folder: Right click on desktop Move to "New Folder" Freezes up, cannot add a New Folder to desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-cannot-add-new-folder/7f878ba3-b0f8-4a38-ac0b-460b1f960722
  5. I cannot make a folder on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot make a folder on my desktop.: [ATTACH] This is what i get when i try to make a folder on my desktop. Thanks for your help, Mathias Van Laere from Belgium. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-make-a-folder-on-my-desktop/781541e3-e04c-4642-be35-9c8c2a4990fc"
  6. cannot create new folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot create new folder on desktop: When I right click on the desktop screen and click new folder my screen blanks out then comes back, but am unable to create a new folder. Whats going on here? Thanks for any help. K 131706
  7. Desktop crashes when trying to make a new folder.

Desktop crashes when trying to make a new folder.: This occurs on the desktop and while in the file explorer. When I right click and attempt to make a new folder, by going onto the "new" drop-menu the little pop-up box freezes as well as the desktop or file explorer. The only notable change I have noticed is that I...
  8. Cannot make new folders, notepads, etc.

Cannot make new folders, notepads, etc.: When I right click the context menu doesn't have the "New" tab to create things. Anyway to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-make-new-folders-notepads-etc/a6b12c39-3eae-46bb-a16b-3bd46701a241"
  9. HP announces new OMEN 15 Laptop with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    HP announces new OMEN 15 Laptop with Windows 10: Today, HP unveiled the new OMEN 15 laptop, engineered for gaming performance and designed to be even sleeker than ever to deliver top-notch experiences, whether you’re on-the-go or at home. [img] The OMEN 15 laptop arrives with up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics, 8th...
  10. Windows 10 can't make a new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 can't make a new folder: on windows 10 i cant make a new folder any help 27577