Windows 10: HP 17-BY - exchange keyboard + touchpad incl. top case - PTP instead of TP?

Discus and support HP 17-BY - exchange keyboard + touchpad incl. top case - PTP instead of TP? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I need to change the top case on my HP laptop including the keyboard and touchpad. The touchpad does not say anything about PTP, so I suspect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Julia Trank, Dec 2, 2022.

1. HP 17-BY - exchange keyboard + touchpad incl. top case - PTP instead of TP?

Hi all, I need to change the top case on my HP laptop including the keyboard and touchpad. The touchpad does not say anything about PTP, so I suspect that it is a conventional touchpad TP.Does anyone know if I can also take a PTP here? If so, do I need to install drivers? Operating system is Win 11Many greetings

:)

Julia Trank, Dec 2, 2022

2. Windows 10 - External precision touchpad - PTP

I had to test our application with Windows 10 in-built multi finger touchpad solution. So I'm looking for a usb connected touchpad which is fully compatible with the "Precision touchpad" feature of Windows 10. Can anyone suggest one which is 100% working as expected?

Known NOT working:

Roland Soós, Dec 2, 2022
  3. Keyboard not working

Hi Angela,

Regarding your concern, we suggest that you visit this link:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    . Kindly look for the troubleshooting steps that are applicable to your device.

To answer your question about the Return and Exchange Policy, we are accepting returns and exchanges for items that meet the return criteria set forth below for 30 days from the date of purchase. We suggest that you visit this link for the

Microsoft Hardware Warranty Information
    instead.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Dec 2, 2022
  4. nxavis9 Win User

HP 17-BY - exchange keyboard + touchpad incl. top case - PTP instead of TP?

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

HP 17-BY - exchange keyboard + touchpad incl. top case - PTP instead of TP?

1. HP 17-BY - exchange keyboard + touchpad incl. top case - PTP instead of TP? - Similar Threads - exchange keyboard touchpad

2. HP 17-BY - exchange keyboard + touchpad incl. top case - PTP instead of TP?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP 17-BY - exchange keyboard + touchpad incl. top case - PTP instead of TP?: Hi all, I need to change the top case on my HP laptop including the keyboard and touchpad. The touchpad does not say anything about PTP, so I suspect that it is a conventional touchpad TP.Does anyone know if I can also take a PTP here? If so, do I need to install drivers?...
  3. hp 17-cn1053cl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp 17-cn1053cl: Im trying to upgrade the 5400rpm hdd to a 500 gb ssd but the ssd is not showing, downloaded the intel rapid storage driver from hp website but still had no luck. is there directions or something that I can follow?Thanks Dan...
  4. hp 17-cn1053cl

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp 17-cn1053cl: Im trying to upgrade the 5400rpm hdd to a 500 gb ssd but the ssd is not showing, downloaded the intel rapid storage driver from hp website but still had no luck. is there directions or something that I can follow?Thanks Dan...
  5. HP Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Touchpad: I have a HP Pavilion dv6 laptop. My touchpad does not work. When I go to device manager it is no longer listed. Since it is not listed I cannot update a driver etc. How do I get the touchpad listed in the device manager again?...
  6. HP Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Touchpad: I have a HP Pavilion dv6 laptop. My touchpad does not work. When I go to device manager it is no longer listed. Since it is not listed I cannot update a driver etc. How do I get the touchpad listed in the device manager again?...
  7. HP Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. HP Touchpad

HP Touchpad: Hi All! Im having difficulty with my touchpad. The mouse goes wherever it wants, sometimes the only solution is to press the power bottom to turn it off and see if it happens again next time I want to use it.I have a HP Parent A6 6310 with the latest version of Windows 10...
  9. HP Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Touchpad: Hi All! Im having difficulty with my touchpad. The mouse goes wherever it wants, sometimes the only solution is to press the power bottom to turn it off and see if it happens again next time I want to use it.I have a HP Parent A6 6310 with the latest version of Windows 10...
  10. No bluetooth in Hp 17-g121wm

No bluetooth in Hp 17-g121wm: No bluetooth in my Hp 17-g121wm. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bluetooth-in-hp-17-g121wm/ed87e1dd-ba1e-4e00-9058-296d22735d30