Windows 10: HP 255 G7 - Windows 10 Home 64-bit - Sleep Issue

Discus and support HP 255 G7 - Windows 10 Home 64-bit - Sleep Issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been having an ongoing sleep mode issue with my HP 255 G7 Notebook PC. I had to put a new keyboard/top cover on as the other one was scuffed up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jessewilliams56, Aug 21, 2021.

1. HP 255 G7 - Windows 10 Home 64-bit - Sleep Issue

I have been having an ongoing sleep mode issue with my HP 255 G7 Notebook PC. I had to put a new keyboard/top cover on as the other one was scuffed up pretty badly and the keys were sticking. Well, that was all done properly and correctly. But now, it will not sleep no matter what I do to it. Below is a list of things I have done to try to address and resolve the Sleep Mode issue: - I have ran -powercfg -a, and I seem to be in the clear as far as issues there goes. - I have tested the sleep mode function manually by right clicking on the Start Menu button and clicking "Shu

:)

jessewilliams56, Aug 21, 2021

2. HP 255 G7 Laptop - Sleep Mode Issue

@W10 Tweaker:

HP 255 G7 - Windows 10 Home 64-bit - Sleep Issue [​IMG]

Jesse Williams, Aug 21, 2021
  3. Jesse Williams, Aug 21, 2021
  4. flavallee Win User

HP 255 G7 - Windows 10 Home 64-bit - Sleep Issue

Firmware for HP 255 G7 Notebook

Click the Details tab and then select Hardware Ids in the drop-down menu.
    Submit an image of that window.

THIS is the only firmware update listed for your HP.

flavallee, Aug 21, 2021
Thema:

HP 255 G7 - Windows 10 Home 64-bit - Sleep Issue

1. HP 255 G7 - Windows 10 Home 64-bit - Sleep Issue - Similar Threads - 255 Home bit

2. win 10 64 bit sleep issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    win 10 64 bit sleep issue: Hello-I built a PC win10, 64bit 15 months ago. I regularly get my updates. Everything works fine except for two issues. 1- Sleep settings: after 10 minutes my two monitors go dark. PC is set to go to sleep after 5 hours because I don't want the PC to go to sleep on its own....
  3. win 10 64 bit sleep issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 64 bit sleep issue: Hello-I built a PC win10, 64bit 15 months ago. I regularly get my updates. Everything works fine except for two issues. 1- Sleep settings: after 10 minutes my two monitors go dark. PC is set to go to sleep after 5 hours because I don't want the PC to go to sleep on its own....
  4. win 10 64 bit sleep issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HP 255 G7 Laptop - Sleep Mode Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    HP 255 G7 Laptop - Sleep Mode Issue: So as you all know, I had to install a new keyboard/top cover on my HP 255 G7 Laptop. All is installed correctly. But now after we have put it back together, it isn't going into sleep mode. I also have got my new Lenovo desktop and I am wondering if that would play a role in...
  6. HP 255 G7 Laptop Keyboard Replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP 255 G7 Laptop Keyboard Replacement: So my keyboard for my computer (the one that my niece poured Milk on that started working again) came in. But I am trying to find some instructions on how to install the new keyboard. You have to order the whole top cover to replace the keyboard on this computer. I hope y'all...
  7. HP 255 G7 Laptop Keyboard Replacement

in Windows 10 Support
    HP 255 G7 Laptop Keyboard Replacement: So my keyboard for my computer (the one that my niece poured Milk on that started working again) came in. But I am trying to find some instructions on how to install the new keyboard. You have to order the whole top cover to replace the keyboard on this computer. I hope y'all...
  8. Firmware for HP 255 G7 Notebook

Firmware for HP 255 G7 Notebook: I keep getting a prompt to restart my HP 255 G7 Notebook because it has an available firmware update. So I restarted it, I go to Device Manager and it has a tick next to the firmware saying the following: [img] Do I need to update the firmware or what do I need to do?...
  9. SSD Upgrade Question regarding HP 255 G7 Laptop

SSD Upgrade Question regarding HP 255 G7 Laptop: I am getting ready to upgrade my standard 128 GB SSD that is in my HP 255 G7 Laptop to a 500 GB SSD from Crucial. Right now, it has a SAMSUNG MZNLN128HAHQ-000H1 128 GB SSD in it from the factory. From what I have seen online, these are M.2 Type SSD's. Can anyone confirm for...
  10. SSD Upgrade Question regarding HP 255 G7 Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD Upgrade Question regarding HP 255 G7 Laptop: I am getting ready to upgrade my standard 128 GB SSD that is in my HP 255 G7 Laptop to a 500 GB SSD from Crucial. Right now, it has a SAMSUNG MZNLN128HAHQ-000H1 128 GB SSD in it from the factory. From what I have seen online, these are M.2 Type SSD's. Can anyone confirm for...