Windows 10: HP 4100DN Unable to install PCL5 Drivers Win10 Pro ver 2004

Discus and support HP 4100DN Unable to install PCL5 Drivers Win10 Pro ver 2004 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, First time posting. I have an HP 4100DN black and white printer. It is connected to my PC using a USB to Parallel cable, printing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TreptaSpheres, Jan 11, 2021.

1. HP 4100DN Unable to install PCL5 Drivers Win10 Pro ver 2004

Hello all, First time posting.

I have an HP 4100DN black and white printer. It is connected to my PC using a USB to Parallel cable, printing through a virtual USB port. On a previous install of Windows 10, I've had the HP PCL5 drivers installed, and the printer prints quickly, without an issue. I recently reinstalled Windows 10 Pro and I'm unable to install the PCL5 drivers. Though these drivers are in fact Windows 64 bit drivers I'm prompted with this error message. I can confirm the drivers are in the folder.

"The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems. "

Now I've attempted to install these drivers manually by going to printer properties>New Driver>Windows Update. But even using the windows update PCL5 drivers for this printer and I'm prompted with this error message.

"Unable to install HP LaserJet 4100 PCL 5, type 3 - user mode, x64 driver. "

When I use the PS or the PCL 6 drivers, I get nothing but trouble. The printer prints painfully slowly. It will print the first two pages of an all-text word document, stall, and fail to print the rest. And in the print spooler, the document will send all but the last meg of a document and just sit in the spooling que.

Is there a way to force PCL5 drivers to install, or a more manual install them? Any other suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you for your time.

:)

TreptaSpheres, Jan 11, 2021

2. HP LaserJet 1200 PCL5 doesn't work on win10

Hi,

Thanks for your fast help!

This is my result:

1) HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.1: twice failed to communicate

2) uninstall printer:

A)

I tried again a print job: "Printer is in an error state"

Removed printer (HP deskjet 1200 Series PCL5 -
    USB connection - I also tried another USB port).

B)

On HP web page, looking for drivers:

HP LaserJet 1200 Printer series

Selected operating system: Windows, Windows 10 (64-bit) Change:

We were unable to retrieve the list of drivers for your product.

Please select the desired operating system and select “Update” to try again.

OK, then I used the driver from old Win10 PC.

In the printer list presented both of the printers

HP deskjet 1200 Series PCL5 and

HP deskjet 1200 Series PS appear twice.

Chosen HP deskjet 1200 Series PCL5....installed and rebooted.

(Print test page: "printer is in error state")

3) Clear spooler: OK

Print page from notepad: "Printer is in error state"(Notepad) or "Error printing on HP LaserJet... (Winword)".

In the printer queue there is the document in error.

JulioTalaverano, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Johnqqqqq Win User
    hp LASERJET 1010 WORKAROUND DRIVER HP Laserjet 3055 PCL5 driver

HP did not provide a windows 10 driver for HP LaserJet 1012 but there was a workaround that enabled it to continue working by installing the
    HP Laserjet 3055 PCL5 driver. It was installed using the legacy control panel described here UCLA Knowledge Base : HP Laserjet 1012 and Windows 10. With the latest windows 10 update the legacy control
    panel is gone and the PCL5 driver no longer works. What do I do now to save my printer from the junkpile? Can I restore a previous version of win 10?

Johnqqqqq, Jan 11, 2021
  4. HP 4100DN Unable to install PCL5 Drivers Win10 Pro ver 2004

HP printer driver PCL5 for HP 2300DN laserjet printer installs every day and will not stop...

So as the title says, I have an HP 2300DN printer that I installed. The windows updater installs the driver constantly and will not accept the install but says its successful. I have installed the proper driver for windows 10 from HP. The printer works fine
    and shows PCL6 as the driver but windows update continues to try to install the PCL5 driver and no matter what I try, it continues to do so.

I need this fixed, or the ability to cancel, hide or remove any update as I see fit. I should not need Microsoft' permission for this in MS update.

Ive tried removing the PCL5ERES.DLL from all folders, again, I dont have permission to do all that. I have removed all of the PCL5 references from the registry, still there....

Any ideas?

EarleGregory, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

HP 4100DN Unable to install PCL5 Drivers Win10 Pro ver 2004

1. HP 4100DN Unable to install PCL5 Drivers Win10 Pro ver 2004 - Similar Threads - 4100DN Unable install

2. Unable to install Win 11 pro ver 23H3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Win 11 pro ver 23H3: Unable to install Win 11 pro ver 23H3, the installation was not accepted upon arriving to my computor end oct 23. Windows update says that may computor is updated. Will this update come or do i have to take action myself - in cvase so - which action i needed from my side?...
  3. Unable to install Win 11 pro ver 23H3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Win 11 pro ver 23H3: Unable to install Win 11 pro ver 23H3, the installation was not accepted upon arriving to my computor end oct 23. Windows update says that may computor is updated. Will this update come or do i have to take action myself - in cvase so - which action i needed from my side?...
  4. Win10 Pro x64 Ver 2004 Sysprep Unattend Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro x64 Ver 2004 Sysprep Unattend Problems: Hello, I'm having issues with doing an unattend sysprep file on the Win10 Pro x64 Version 2004 (Build 19041). I had a working version of the file for the Win10 Pro x641607 version (Build 14393) I used Kari's Win10 Audit Mode with Sysprep tutorial (for both). The machine...
  5. Unable to update and use Win10/Ver 2004; can't access apps!

Unable to update and use Win10/Ver 2004; can't access apps!: I have two Windows 10 computers running Version 1909 OS Build 18363.1016. Both have attempted to update to Version 2004, the first time when it first became available for those machines, and again just the other day on a second update download and installation attempt. The...
  6. hp LASERJET 1010 WORKAROUND DRIVER HP Laserjet 3055 PCL5 driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp LASERJET 1010 WORKAROUND DRIVER HP Laserjet 3055 PCL5 driver: HP did not provide a windows 10 driver for HP LaserJet 1012 but there was a workaround that enabled it to continue working by installing theHP Laserjet 3055 PCL5 driver. It was installed using the legacy control panel described here...
  7. Unable to install HP Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to install HP Driver: I got rid of my old printer and am trying to uninstall the old driver. When ever I try it says only administrators may change drivers, and puts it back. I went into properties and gave myself full permissions for full control and it still won't let me. I am the sole user...
  8. Win10 pro 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 pro 2004 update: Hi, Ever since the 2004 update arrived on my pc, the click on the start menu has a considerate delay of at least 3 seconds. Knowing I run on INTEL i7-7700K on 4.2GHz, the delay must be even more noticable for I5's. Is this going to remain so, or will there be an...
  9. Stuck With Ver 2004

Stuck With Ver 2004: Hey everyone i was trying to downgrade back to 1909 via the media creation tool but the only option i got is "nothing" so i was wandering is there anyway around this ? [ATTACH]...
  10. bluetooth win10 pro driver, not installed,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bluetooth win10 pro driver, not installed,: I attempted to add bluetooth headset device to win 10 pro. The System does not have a blue tooth driver, no any device driver installed. The Lack of this driver is causing MS Defender to fail . I am not able to use head set, bluetooth device is in usb port . This...