Windows 10: HP 4200 Printer/Scanner. With Windows 10 How do I scan without going to settings

Discus and support HP 4200 Printer/Scanner. With Windows 10 How do I scan without going to settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I scan without going to settings on Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimmira, Mar 14, 2019.

1. jimmira Win User

HP 4200 Printer/Scanner. With Windows 10 How do I scan without going to settings

How do I scan without going to settings on Windows 10

:)

jimmira, Mar 14, 2019
  2. ArtTrier Win User

HP All In One Printer/Scanner/FAX J6400 series - Can't scan w/Windows 10

I have done everything that you have suggested and Windows 10 still will not allow me to scan. All my HP drivers are current and the HP online help process indicates that my printer is fine and online. Any other suggestions?

ArtTrier, Mar 14, 2019
  3. entropy13 Win User
    Scanner quit working..

Yeah, no basic Windows 7 drivers at least? Although it's both a printer and a scanner, I didn't install any drivers from HP. I just let Windows 7 get some basic drivers from me. So at least I can print with the printer through any program, and I go to "Devices and Printers" and use "Scan" there instead of pressing the "Scan" button in the printer-scanner itself (which would require the drivers from HP).

entropy13, Mar 14, 2019
  4. HP 4200 Printer/Scanner. With Windows 10 How do I scan without going to settings

HP Scanner (with HP Printer 8600)

Hi Alan_721,

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps, Connect your Printer to the computer and Switch it ON. In case of Wireless printer, Switch it ON and connect it to the Wifi network.

1. Run printer / scanner troubleshooter

HP provides a tool for HP printers to troubleshoot - HP Print and Scan Doctor. Download it, launch it and follow the onscreen directions to locate problems and fix them

Download Link -
    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

2. Update Printer / scanner Driver

Download printer driver from printer manufacturer's website and reinstall.

3. Uninstall and reinstall the Printer / scanner (Credit to Andre Da Costa, MVP for providing steps)

A. Uninstall Printer

Click on Windows Key+X > Apps and Features > Scroll down and click Programs and Features > Select your printer > Select Uninstall

Type Printer in Windows Search box > Printers & Scanners > Select your printer > Remove device

Type Printer in Windows Search box > Click Printers & Scanners > Scroll down and click Print server properties under Related settings > Under Driver tab, look for your printer > Select it and click Remove button at the bottom

B. Install Printer

Go to the Printer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers > Reinstall the Printer driver > Reboot the computer

Type Printer in Windows Start Search box > Click Printers & Scanners > On Right side, Click Add a printer or scanner > If Windows detects your printer, it will be listed > Select the printer and follow on screen directions to set it up (In case of Wifi printer,
    your computer should also be logged into Wifi network)

If Windows doesn't detect your printer, then you will get a blue message - Click The printer that I want isn't listed

If you are using Bluetooth / Wirelss printer > Select Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer > Choose the printer > Select your Printer and follow on screen directions

If you are using wired printer > Select Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings > Select Use an existing port > Select your Printer and follow on screen directions

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

(Source -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/401540...
    )

Disclaimer 1 - Using Third Party Software is completely at your own risk. This advice is in my personal capacity as a volunteer.

Disclaimer 2 - This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Vijay_Verma, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

HP 4200 Printer/Scanner. With Windows 10 How do I scan without going to settings

1. HP 4200 Printer/Scanner. With Windows 10 How do I scan without going to settings - Similar Threads - 4200 Printer Scanner

2. HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?: I connected my HP officejet 8025 all-in-one printer to my PC with Windows 11, but the scanner did not connect. How do I connect the scanner?...
  3. HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP officejet printer connected to PC but scanner did not. How do I connect scanner?: I connected my HP officejet 8025 all-in-one printer to my PC with Windows 11, but the scanner did not connect. How do I connect the scanner?...
  4. how do I scan from an HP deskjet printer to an email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I scan from an HP deskjet printer to an email: How do I scan a document from my computer to an email address? I am using a Dell computer and a HP Deskjet printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-scan-from-an-hp-deskjet-printer-to-an/565db21a-21b0-4cb0-86de-2df7054f7c6f
  5. how do I scan from an HP deskjet printer to an email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I scan from an HP deskjet printer to an email: How do I scan a document from my computer to an email address? I am using a Dell computer and a HP Deskjet printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-scan-from-an-hp-deskjet-printer-to-an/565db21a-21b0-4cb0-86de-2df7054f7c6f
  6. how do I scan from an HP deskjet printer to an email

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. scan to email from HP printer settings

scan to email from HP printer settings: I need to set up Scan to email on my HP printer and can't find the correct settings to make it workmoved from: Outlook / Outlook.com / Email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-to-email-from-hp-printer-settings/124ada70-90fd-42e0-89a9-f34ecf93df6b
  8. Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners: My USB printer / scanner does not show in the list of printers but the scanner does show in the scanners section. If I go to old style control panel devices and printers, the device shows in the Unspecified section with the following details [ATTACH] The device works...
  9. HP Scanner (with HP Printer 8600)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Scanner (with HP Printer 8600): Cannot save from my scanner to computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-scanner-with-hp-printer-8600/0d9855eb-7b8f-4c82-856b-e1356bf7e71d
  10. Windows 10 won't operate scan on HP LaserJet M1522nf printer/scanner.

Windows 10 won't operate scan on HP LaserJet M1522nf printer/scanner.: Prints OK but will not scan. Have tried all the driver updates, etc. HP says buy a new printer. Has anyone made this work somehow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-operate-scan-on-hp-laserjet/e7809dde-da0e-4738-96f8-6237175855f3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer scanner not working hp 4200

2. scanner not working canon mx410