Windows 10: HP 4215 Scanner not working in Windows 11

Discus and support HP 4215 Scanner not working in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a perfectly fine HP 4215 that worked both in printer/scanner mode in Windows 10. Now the printer works but the scanner is not recognized in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bilbo Bobbins, Aug 7, 2022.

1. HP 4215 Scanner not working in Windows 11

I have a perfectly fine HP 4215 that worked both in printer/scanner mode in Windows 10. Now the printer works but the scanner is not recognized in Windows 11.Any ideas? I have tried Vuescan that did not work. Thank you.

:)

Bilbo Bobbins, Aug 7, 2022

2. HP 4215 Scanner not working in Windows 11

I have a perfectly fine HP 4215 that worked both in printer/scanner mode in Windows 10. Now the printer works but the scanner is not recognized in Windows 11.

Any ideas? I have tried Vuescan that did not work. Thank you.

Bilbo Bobbins, Aug 8, 2022
  3. Mario SPB Win User
    HP 4215 Scanner not working in Windows 11

Hi, I'm Mario, and I'd be happy to help with your issue.

We are sorry about what happened.

First download the installation software below from the manufacturer's website:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservic...

Then I suggest downloading the NAPS2 software (freeware) that enables two scanning protocols ( WIA and TWAIN):

NAPS2 - Scan documents to PDF and more, as simply as possible

Click on profiles > new > select the first WIA Driver and on the button CHOOSE THE DEVICE

If you can't find the scanner driver, repeat the process with the TWAIN Driver.

Kind Regards,

Mario B.

“Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.”

Mario SPB, Aug 8, 2022
  4. NathanDM Win User

Windows 11 Printer Scanner not working

Hi Microsoft

Windows 11 having issue in printer scanner., seen a lot of complain regarding this and yet no permanent solution on your end., Everyday i need to reinstall my HP ink tank 415 just to use the scanner., i don't think it is a hp problem because it work well in windows 10., tried a lot of suggested solution in every different forum but no solution is permanent after day or two the problem reoccur again.. windows 11 is suck..

NathanDM, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

1. HP 4215 Scanner not working in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - 4215 Scanner working

2. finger scanner not working on hp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    finger scanner not working on hp: it says its not compatible. with the windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-scanner-not-working-on-hp/a752b39e-fb12-4fee-a854-c840ac052ab0
  3. finger scanner not working on hp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger scanner not working on hp: it says its not compatible. with the windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-scanner-not-working-on-hp/a752b39e-fb12-4fee-a854-c840ac052ab0
  4. HP 4215 Scanner not working in Windows 11

HP 4215 Scanner not working in Windows 11: I have a perfectly fine HP 4215 that worked both in printer/scanner mode in Windows 10. Now the printer works but the scanner is not recognized in Windows 11.Any ideas? I have tried Vuescan that did not work. Thank you....
  5. Windows 11 - HP MFP scanner problem

Windows 11 - HP MFP scanner problem: Ever since updating to Windows 11 from 10, there has been an error message stating that the HP scanner cannot be found. The HP printer and scanner are all in one and the printer interface is fine.My IT expert has corrected the problem a number of times and then it recurs...
  6. Windows 11 - HP MFP scanner problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - HP MFP scanner problem: Ever since updating to Windows 11 from 10, there has been an error message stating that the HP scanner cannot be found. The HP printer and scanner are all in one and the printer interface is fine.My IT expert has corrected the problem a number of times and then it recurs...
  7. Fingerprint scanner not working. HP Zbook

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint scanner not working. HP Zbook: HP Zbook. Windows 10 pro. SN# CND63676F4 "we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint" Things I have tried: 1. Restarting the computer 2. updating ... everything to include fingerprint drivers 3. Removed fingeprint scanner driver and...
  8. HP Scanner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP Scanner: When I scan multiple pages of a document, each page is its own document. The scanner is an HP CEDC3A Office Jet Pro 9010. How can I scan a multiple page document to be saved as one document? Thanks MSFT Community....
  9. HP scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP scanner: We got a new computer. Our multipurpose wireless printer, an HP ENVY 4520, will print, but we can't get the scanner to scan anything. How do we get the scanner to work and be recognized by our Dell computer? Thanks...
  10. HP scanner won't work with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP scanner won't work with Windows 10: I was able to connect my HP 6978 printer when I installed Windows 10 but the scanner won't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-scanner-wont-work-with-windows-10/0517f3a2-e735-43e3-9f85-4cd246bc099e