Windows 10: HP 440 G2 - fingerprint reader stopped reading/detecting fingerprint after window 10 pro...

Discus and support HP 440 G2 - fingerprint reader stopped reading/detecting fingerprint after window 10 pro... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I got my windows updates for Win 10 pro Version 2004 and today allowed the install of drivers pending to be installed. After allowing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RohitKumarParasar, Sep 3, 2020.

1. HP 440 G2 - fingerprint reader stopped reading/detecting fingerprint after window 10 pro...

Hi,

I got my windows updates for Win 10 pro Version 2004 and today allowed the install of drivers pending to be installed.

After allowing the restart required to complete the install, the fingerprint reader is not working any more. The sensor detects touch/swipe at the sensor but says "Something went wrong...." with a long message dialogue.

Also, trying to reconfigure the fingerprint from window Hello section in settings, it showed the same failure message mentioned in the paragraph above.

Request your perusal and rectification.

Regards,

Rohit Kumar

Direct: +91- 9525-444-904

:)

RohitKumarParasar, Sep 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 Unable to Detect Fingerprint Reader

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded my HP Probook 4430s from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I read that Windows 10 is able to detect fingerprint scanners and special cameras for a more secure way of logging into Windows via Windows Hello. However, I can not find the option for Windows Hello anywhere. I have set up a PIN for the laptop, but I still do not see it. Additionally, I have checked device manager to see if the reader is recognized in Windows and it does show the biometric device as being installed properly. I am hoping anyone can shed some light on the issue. It would be greatly appreciated.

mancalledhero, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Hp Envy fingerprint reader stopped working after Win 10 Update

After the last Win 10 Pro update my HP Envy laptop fingerprint reader stopped working.

HalMarston, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Aberfoyle Win User

HP 440 G2 - fingerprint reader stopped reading/detecting fingerprint after window 10 pro...

Windows 10 and Fingerprint Reader Compatibility.

I am looking for some information before I upgrade a PC with a fingerprint reader.

I have a HP DV7 running Windows 7 home Premium. It has a fingerprint reader that I use for a large number of passwords.

The actual fingerprint reader uses Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver.

The password database uses HP's SimplePass software.

Are there any known compatibility issues with Windows 10 and the fingerprint reader and it's supporting software?

Note HP has not updated the fingerprint reader software since 2011.

Their stance is:

HP has not tested this product for upgrade to Windows 10 and will not be developing

Windows 10 drivers for this product.

Aberfoyle, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

HP 440 G2 - fingerprint reader stopped reading/detecting fingerprint after window 10 pro...

1. HP 440 G2 - fingerprint reader stopped reading/detecting fingerprint after window 10 pro... - Similar Threads - 440 fingerprint reader

2. My fingerprint reader no longer reads fingerprints

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fingerprint reader no longer reads fingerprints: A few days ago my fingerprint reader stopped recognizing my fingerprint. I tried to add a new one to see if it was just a problem with one finger, but it can't read anything anymore. When I try to unlock my computer it says that the reader can't recognize the fingerprint any...
  3. My fingerprint reader no longer reads fingerprints

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My fingerprint reader no longer reads fingerprints: A few days ago my fingerprint reader stopped recognizing my fingerprint. I tried to add a new one to see if it was just a problem with one finger, but it can't read anything anymore. When I try to unlock my computer it says that the reader can't recognize the fingerprint any...
  4. Fingerprint reader stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader stopped working: Hello,My Lenovo 13s-IML product number 20RR0003IX, bios version CQCN41WW was updated to Windows 11 more than 1 year ago.Since the update some devices camera and fingerprint reader started having some issues from time to time, especially after some windows update: fingerprint...
  5. Fingerprint reader stopped working

Fingerprint reader stopped working: Hello,My Lenovo 13s-IML product number 20RR0003IX, bios version CQCN41WW was updated to Windows 11 more than 1 year ago.Since the update some devices camera and fingerprint reader started having some issues from time to time, especially after some windows update: fingerprint...
  6. Fingerprint reader

Fingerprint reader: Hy i just bought an Asus Studiobook pro 16 brand new winth windows 11 Pro,and when i try to Setup the Microsoft Hello Fingerprint sign in ,when it asked to put sa finger on the sensor ,nothing happening.The driver is up to date,the Laptop is with Fingerprint reader ,i try...
  7. fingerprint reader not working on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fingerprint reader not working on windows 10 pro: recently I upgraded on windows 10 pro from windows 10 now my fingerprint reader has stopped working while doing troubleshoot, it show troubleshooter cant detect the problem my laptop is ASUS vivobook flip14 TP412FA...
  8. fingerprint reader

fingerprint reader: I have had my yoga C940 for about two weeks and my fingerprint reader has been working fine. then all of a sudden it stops working so I delete it to add another an this happens. I'm totally upset because this is one of the main reasons I purchased his laptop. the windows 10...
  9. Fingerprint Reader - HP DV6 - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Reader - HP DV6 - Windows 10: I recently had my laptop fixed (I did something dumb and needed to have a factory reset). I connected my hotmail account to my laptop sign in account and I wanted to set up the fingerprint reader as an option to sign into my laptop... however I cannot for the life of me...
  10. Windows 10 Unable to Detect Fingerprint Reader

Windows 10 Unable to Detect Fingerprint Reader: Hello everyone, I recently upgraded my HP Probook 4430s from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I read that Windows 10 is able to detect fingerprint scanners and special cameras for a more secure way of logging into Windows via Windows Hello. However, I can not find the...