Windows 10: HP 625 Laptop, refusing to start.

Discus and support HP 625 Laptop, refusing to start. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HP 625 OS: Win10 (Formerly Win7 Ultimate) Serial: 5CG1101CS Product: XT960UT#ABA Warranty: 1y1y0y (Not that this matters its a 2011) I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SamuelOrtiz87chev, Sep 12, 2019.

1. HP 625 Laptop, refusing to start.

HP 625

Serial: 5CG1101CS

Product: XT960UT#ABA

Warranty: 1y1y0y (Not that this matters its a 2011)

I replaced the battery about a month ago and haven't really over used this laptop, so I doubt that the issue here. If I press and hold the power button, nothing happens seems like a typical dead laptop. However when I plug it, I am greeted with a quick white blink on the power led light. If I hold the power button for about 10 seconds I get about 11 or 12 quick orange flashes. I tried removing the battery and power cable, then holding the power button for 30 seconds then put it back together but it still does the same thing. Worst case scenario, since its going to a computer shop anyways they can figure it out. But, I wanna see what I can do first I would really appreciate your assistance with this problem.

Thanks, Sam.

:)

SamuelOrtiz87chev, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, Sep 12, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

HP 625 Laptop, refusing to start.

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

HP 625 Laptop, refusing to start.

1. HP 625 Laptop, refusing to start. - Similar Threads - 625 Laptop refusing

2. HP Smart refuses to work on Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HP Smart refuses to work on Windows 10: Hello,I installed the HP Smart app from the Microsoft store. It does not let me go past the "Welcome to HP Smart" screen. Clicking "accept all" does not do anything. Similarly, managing options and clicking "next" does not do anything at all as well. Absolutely puzzled by...
  3. HP Laptop not starting

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop not starting: I have an HP 6475B. It was working fine until recently. Now when I switch on, I get the Windows logo and a message that it's repairing - then gets nowhere. I have a USB to reinstall Windows 10 but it isn't much good until the machine has loaded. Any advice would be...
  4. HP Laptop Refuses to Boot to USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop Refuses to Boot to USB: I have wasted the best part of a day searching for a solution. My ancient mother has a new HP laptop, thin as a rail and with no DVD drive; Windows 10. If it has a model name, I cannot find it. She has set it up herself and now has no idea what her password is; neither she...
  5. i have an hp pavilion gaming laptop and it just refuses to work now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i have an hp pavilion gaming laptop and it just refuses to work now: about a week ago i tried to start cs:go and it loaded into it for about 10 seconds then flashed to a blue screen and turned off and now whenever i turn my computer on, it’s just dimly lighted with no picture or anything. my power button is lit up to show that it’s on but i...
  6. Start Menu refuses to work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu refuses to work: Each time I click on the windows 10 start menu, I get a nice message saying "Critical Error Your Start Menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in." I have rebooted the machine several times and also signed out and signed back in. Other than this, I...
  7. HP laptop won't start up?

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop won't start up?: Hi, I have a problem with my laptop: With the power on the power light is on. When I press the start button the light goes off immediately and the screen does not start. Any ideas please? (it's a Pavilion 14-AL106NA) Many thanks. 143306
  8. Laptop refuses to start up since last update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop refuses to start up since last update.: Today, July 13 2019, I manually ordered my laptop computer to check for windows updates, and installed all available updates. Since then, every time I start up my laptop, I get the below error message: [ATTACH] Restarting the computer doesn't solve the problem. I saw no...
  9. Photos App refuses to start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App refuses to start.: Hi, as the title says I'm experiencing some extreme difficulty with my photos app. Upon attempting to open any image file I'm presented with this same error for all of them: [ATTACH] I've gone through multiple different support threads and done everything I've seen...
  10. Start Menu Refusing To Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Refusing To Open: This issue has happened twice already and required a full restart to fix. I'll attempt to open the Start Menu, by clicking it or pressing the Windows key, and it will refuse to open. In restarting Windows Explorer, the issue still persists. Considering I'm heavily reliant on...