Windows 10: hp 650 g1 touchpad/clickpad buttons (synaptics) stopped working.

Discus and support hp 650 g1 touchpad/clickpad buttons (synaptics) stopped working. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi i need help my touchpad/clickpad (synaptics) stopped working when i installed bios and mouse drivers earlier from the official hp website today and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tkbasera, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Tkbasera Win User

hp 650 g1 touchpad/clickpad buttons (synaptics) stopped working.

Hi i need help my touchpad/clickpad (synaptics) stopped working when i installed bios and mouse drivers earlier from the official hp website today and im really struggling to get a solution...ive tried almost everything i could possibly do..i need help.Im currently using windows 10 pro, any help would be much appriciated

:)

Tkbasera, Dec 10, 2020

2. Synaptics driver update for Synaptics SMBus ClickPad - Error 0x800f0248

Hi,

This issue may occur due to the outdated Synaptic Touchpad
    drivers. Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest Synaptic Touchpad drivers from the device manufacturer’s website and uninstall the Synaptic touchpad drivers and re-install the same again.

Note: Make sure you download and save the Touch Pad driver and installed it before uninstalling the same.

To uninstall Synaptic touchpad drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the Synaptic driver and select
      Uninstall. (Note: keep the latest installed Synaptic driver)

• Restart the computer, if prompted.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Dec 10, 2020
  3. HP 650 - WIFI cannot be enabled (urgent)

Hi,

Try here for the drivers, you will need the "Hotkey Support & HP Wireless Button Driver".... HP 650 G1 Drivers

Lottiemansion, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Alex Win User

No option to stop Synaptics touchpad disabling on keypress

Note: I know there are several seeming duplicates for my question, but I have tried the suggestions in all of them with no luck as, in almost every case, I do not have the setting/file/tab/etc suggested!

Like many other Windows 10 users my touchpad (and mouse buttons) disable when typing. This is obviously completely undesirable as a gamer as it makes most games impossible. I would really appreciate a fix to this, be it in my computer or by downloading some kind of software or program that can fix it.

Specs

• Sager NP8952 Notebook (approx 1mo old)
    • Windows 10 Home, version 1709
    • Synaptics SMBus TouchPad

Symptom

• When holding down keys on the keyboard, the computer does not register touchpad or mouse button input

Attempted Solutions

One - Disable PalmCheck, SmartSense, etc

My laptop does not have a "ClickPad", "Synaptics", "DeviceSettings" or other touchpad-specific settings tab in the mouse page. Please see below:

hp 650 g1 touchpad/clickpad buttons (synaptics) stopped working. tRisG.png

Any guide saying to disable settings in the mouse pane won't work for me.

Two - Registry Edits

I saw this answer about changing your HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Defaults keys matching "PalmKms" to zero. I did, no changes.

hp 650 g1 touchpad/clickpad buttons (synaptics) stopped working. 1LTLO.png

Three - Update / Change / Rollback Drivers

I have the 19.3.4.72 driver. I have tried a 18.x version with no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled the entire device. Still no luck. I also have updated Windows to the latest version.

Four - Change Touchpad to Always On

I saw several posts about changing your Touchpad settings in the default Windows system settings, but I don't have the Touchpad: "No Delay (Always On)" dropdown menu, just the following and "Most Sensitive" still displays the issue.

hp 650 g1 touchpad/clickpad buttons (synaptics) stopped working. 3lw8H.png

Conclusion

I'm out of ideas. Anyone have a suggestion on how to stop the touchpad disabling when clicking?

Thema:

1. hp 650 g1 touchpad/clickpad buttons (synaptics) stopped working. - Similar Threads - 650 touchpad clickpad

2. Touchpad stopped working synaptics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad stopped working synaptics: Hello, I have a computer with a synaptics laptop touchpad in a windows 10 version. It suddenly stopped working, I tried troubleshooting but nothing works. I have the updated driver and already restarted my device. What to do?...
  3. Touchpad stopped working synaptics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad stopped working synaptics: Hello, I have a computer with a synaptics laptop touchpad in a windows 10 version. It suddenly stopped working, I tried troubleshooting but nothing works. I have the updated driver and already restarted my device. What to do?...
  4. Touchpad stopped working synaptics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. synaptics touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    synaptics touchpad stopped working: Hello,I have an Alienware 17 RS with a synaptics touchpad Windows 10 home, version 21H1, build 19043.1586. Today, it stopped working. I have pressed Win+X, clicked "Human interface Devices", then clicked "Synaptics HID device", but when I clicked on it, it said that it was...
  6. synaptics touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    synaptics touchpad stopped working: Hello,I have an Alienware 17 RS with a synaptics touchpad Windows 10 home, version 21H1, build 19043.1586. Today, it stopped working. I have pressed Win+X, clicked "Human interface Devices", then clicked "Synaptics HID device", but when I clicked on it, it said that it was...
  7. synaptics touchpad stopped working

8. hp 650 g1 touchpad/clickpad buttons (synaptics) stopped working.

hp 650 g1 touchpad/clickpad buttons (synaptics) stopped working.: Hi i need help my touchpad/clickpad (synaptics) stopped working when i installed bios and mouse drivers earlier from the official hp website today and im really struggling to get a solution...ive tried almost everything i could possibly do..i need help.Im currently using...
  9. Synaptics Touchpad stopped working.

Synaptics Touchpad stopped working.: Today evening suddenly my HP Envy laptop's touchpad has stopped working. I have for now attached an external usb mouse. I tried going through various queries and tried various things. The final status is that the Devices option shows the Synaptics SMBus Touchpad only when i...
  10. Synaptic ClickPad not working

Synaptic ClickPad not working: Last night my touchpad worked perfectly fine, today I opened my laptop and it wouldn't work anymore. I have an HP Envy x360 and it's not even 2 years old yet. -I've tried reinstalling the drivers, it hasn't worked. -It doesn't show up anywhere on the computer except in an...