Windows 10: HP 6968 Printer wont install on HP Envy but will on ACER laptop

Discus and support HP 6968 Printer wont install on HP Envy but will on ACER laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP 6968 stopped printing from my HP Envy 700-310 desktop. I tried to reinstall, but it would not. I followed a couple of the suggestions in the HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chas330, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Chas330 Win User

HP 6968 Printer wont install on HP Envy but will on ACER laptop

My HP 6968 stopped printing from my HP Envy 700-310 desktop. I tried to reinstall, but it would not. I followed a couple of the suggestions in the HP Community. Still no printing. When I was trying to install it, did put the printer in Bluetooth and Other devices, but not in Printers and Scanners. It did install on an ACER laptop with no problem.

It may be because I have had to clone the drive 3 times. I upgraded to an SSD, but after a few weeks a connection part on the SSD broke and I had to have it cloned back to an HDD while I was waiting for a replacement SSD. It is now back on an SSD. Could some files have been damaged in the cloning process. That is the only thing left that my IT guy at work and I can think of.

Does anybody have any suggestions other than resetting my PC

:)

Chas330, Dec 2, 2019
  2. brucepolk Win User

HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

I suggest you to kindly update your printer driver of HP Envy 5530 from official hp printer site. While downloading printer driver select proper printer model. Then install it. If will really help you out to solve your problem. if you are still not able to get the solution then please contact to HP Printer Technical Support Experts at 1-888-924-5460

brucepolk, Dec 2, 2019
  3. KaySand Win User
    Windows 10 and HP Envy 5660 Printer

Recently updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. I have HP Envy 5660 All-in-one Printer. I have not been able to connect this printer to my laptop on my home network since the upgrade. I can print on it from my desktop, phone, and ipad.

I have tried the following:

• Downloaded and redownloaded software and driver for printer
    • Checked compatibility with HP site, and says my printer is compatible
    • Downloaded driver for Windows 8.1 and installed it in compatibility mode as suggested
    • Troubleshooting printer many times to no avail
    Printer shows up in my home network in Control Panel, but says "not connected" or sometimes "offline". Have spent hours trying to resolve this issue. Is there a solution? Or do I need to go back to Windows 8, and wait until Windows 10 has the drivers I need.
    Is the problem with Windows 10 or with my HP printer? Very frustrated!!!!

KaySand, Dec 2, 2019
  4. snoopy51 Win User

HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

Christinel:

I encountered this problem with HP Envy 5530 recently. The printer was working in wifi mode after initial Windows 10 upgrade. Three days later, it would not print.

We figured this is printer upgrade problem. So we downloaded the latest version of printer driver. It recognize the IP address, printer model but on install the printer driver software it failed. I plugged in the USB printer cable and changed the port from wireless to USB and it started to print. This worked for two days and failed again.

Run HP diagnostic test and no help. This is how I fix this problem:

1. Start - Run or Win+r - type "printui /s /t2" and open the program
    2. You should be on the "Drivers" tab
    3. Remove all Hp printer drivers from old (and current) installs

You may have a different kind of box appear after running printui /s /t2 but basically it's just a case or removing the old driver.

Print Management can also be found in Control Panel > Administrative tools > PrintManagement in Pro versions of Windows.

Retry the installation and the printer software driver installed without any problem.

This is just a captured for the printer server properties not the HP Envy 5530 model for illustrative purpose only:

HP 6968 Printer wont install on HP Envy but will on ACER laptop [​IMG]

Printer Server Properties

Good luck, ChristineL!

snoopy51, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. HP 6968 Printer wont install on HP Envy but will on ACER laptop - Similar Threads - 6968 Printer wont

2. HP ENVY laptop wont shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP ENVY laptop wont shutdown/restart: this is driving me nuts, but recently my computer will not shutdown. i get the normal shutdown screen, then my display goes black but the light on the power button never goes out. it will force shutdown if i hold down the power button. tried to restart instead and it just...
  3. HP Envy Printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy Printer: My HP printer is showing preparing to enter sleep mode and wont respond. How do I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-printer/ce691871-1005-45ad-940c-a9016057385e
  4. HP Envy 5034 Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Envy 5034 Printer: Always get answers from this community so hope you can help me again. I was helped by someone on the community who thought my printer was not printing was because the cartridge had dried up even though it did not show on screen. and he was correct. As this happened again...
  5. HP Envy 5540 printer

HP Envy 5540 printer: I have a new HP Envy x360 laptop and I just added an HP 5540 printer. This printer works fine with my other laptop The printer shows in my Printers and Scanners and shows as my default printer and the Test Page prints just fine. However when I try to print anything else the...
  6. HP Envy 5600 printer

HP Envy 5600 printer: My printer wasn't printing Magenta per the report so I put in a new cartridge. It printed a few pages fine with the new cartridge and then it stopped printing Cyan. what is the problem?...
  7. HP Envy printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Envy printer: For some reason, suddenly I cannot print in colour from laptop, prints colour from pad but laptop, any suggestions. I have had printer for 2 years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-printer/0216a0cd-41e3-4c93-8530-d98865600657
  8. HP Envy 4500 printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Envy 4500 printer: How do I turn on 'scan to computer' on my HP Envy4500 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-4500-printer/9657bf71-6ec9-4a10-84aa-e93c88563b71
  9. HP Envy 5660 printer

HP Envy 5660 printer: I cannot print or set my 5660 as default printer. It will scan, but will not print. Says driver not available, but I have updated to "all products needed" via HP. One pop up says, need WIA driver. Not sure what that is....
  10. Hp Envy 5530 printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp Envy 5530 printer: Hi I had to get a new wireless router from Verizon fios. Today. Now can not get my wireless printer to connect to my windows 10 home 64bit I have tried to unplug the wireless router restart the computer but that does not work. The Blue wireless light keeps flashing. can...