Windows 10: HP AiO Remote not working in Windows 10

Discus and support HP AiO Remote not working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to download 'HP Smart' to my new Dell laptop it used to work great on my old laptop, and when I download and install 'HP Smart' from the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kslanicky, Jan 24, 2021.

1. kslanicky Win User

HP AiO Remote not working in Windows 10

Trying to download 'HP Smart' to my new Dell laptop it used to work great on my old laptop, and when I download and install 'HP Smart' from the Windows Store, HP AIO Remote printer is installed instead. The app crashes EVERY TIME I open it. I have no idea what is going on. Any help/support would be much appreciated.

:)

kslanicky, Jan 24, 2021

2. HP AiO Remote not working in Windows 10

Original Title: HP AiO Remote

HP AiO Remote is installed on my Dell Inspiron running Windows 10. I have a HP LaserJet Professional CP1520 Series PCL printer connected to the laptop via a USB port. However, HP AiO Remote informs that "Supply information is not available at this time."
    It's as if the app is not communicating with the printer. Any suggestions on how I might rectify this problem?

LawrenceIverson, Jan 24, 2021
  3. HP AiO Remote not working in Windows 10

Aswin_Anand:

Thank you for your quick reply.

I did run Hardware and devices as you advised. It did detect that the printer's Connection Status was "offline" and changed this status to "Online." I discovered this change via the HP AiO Printer Remote app screen by clicking on the printer
    icon in the left-hand margin, then selecting Information. So, that much worked!

Next I used the Device Manager, selected the printer (both instances—USB and wireless—, then selected Update Driver Software... for each instance. Both times I was advised that the latest drivers are installed.

Finally, I restarted the HP AiO Remote app. Then, under the printer icon, I selected Supplies. Only the printer name appeared. It was not a "hot" link to anything, either. Then I selected Printer Home Page (EWS). It responded with an info box which read,
    in part, "Can't open ... because there is no response from the printer." (By the way, the printer does print from this laptop.)

I did check HP's support resources and it makes no mention of either this issue or of HP AiO Remote.

Prior to upgrading to Windows 10, I was able to obtain on my computer an estimate of the toner supply levels. Now I cannot. Somehow, the ability of Windows 10 to communicate with the printer has been lost.

Thanks again for your help so far. However, the journey has yet to be completed. Windows 10 evidently now is configured to be "online" with the printer; however, it is not communicating with it in both directions, obtaining, and displaying information.

LawrenceIverson, Jan 24, 2021
  4. HP AiO Remote not working in Windows 10

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    As a work around, I suggest you to perform the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• 1. Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

4. Run the Hardware and devices.
    Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install the latest printer driver
    from the HP website and check if it resolves the issue.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

1. HP AiO Remote not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - AiO Remote working

2. Windows update from build 25276 with HP AIO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update from build 25276 with HP AIO: I am on the Insider Preview and stuck on build 25276. The update tries to install, then a small window says "Checking your PC" then "Your PC does not currently meet Windows 11 requirements". My PC is an HP All-in-one with Athlon processor and video. Any ideas?...
  3. Windows update from build 25276 with HP AIO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update from build 25276 with HP AIO: I am on the Insider Preview and stuck on build 25276. The update tries to install, then a small window says "Checking your PC" then "Your PC does not currently meet Windows 11 requirements". My PC is an HP All-in-one with Athlon processor and video. Any ideas?...
  4. HP AIO Remote HP Smartcrashing while installing new printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP AIO Remote HP Smartcrashing while installing new printer: Im attempting to install a new HP DeskJet Plus 4152, and while Im trying to launch the launch the app to complete the process, the startup window shows for about 5 seconds then closes. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times to no avail.Any help would be greatly...
  5. HDMI input no longer works HP Envy AIO Desktop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI input no longer works HP Envy AIO Desktop: The computer is HP Envy 23K-011. There is a button at bottom of the computer that switches the display from computer to HDMI . Now this button does not work , the display remains showing computer as source. I last used it 2 years ago. Since then I have updated the OS to to...
  6. HDMI input no longer works HP Envy AIO Desktop

HDMI input no longer works HP Envy AIO Desktop: The computer is HP Envy 23K-011. There is a button at bottom of the computer that switches the display from computer to HDMI . Now this button does not work , the display remains showing computer as source. I last used it 2 years ago. Since then I have updated the OS to to...
  7. 100% disk usage windows 10 HP AIO computer, how to resolve

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% disk usage windows 10 HP AIO computer, how to resolve: Hi my computer keeps showing 100% disk usage almost all the time, how do I resolve this? I have tried many answers provided here and elsewhere. but they all worked for at most 1 or 2 days and then problem comes back again. 124207
  8. 100% disk usage windows 10 HP AIO computer, how to resolve

in Windows 10 Support
    100% disk usage windows 10 HP AIO computer, how to resolve: Hi my computer keeps showing 100% disk usage almost all the time, how do I resolve this? I have tried many answers provided here and elsewhere. but they all worked for at most 1 or 2 days and then problem comes back again. 124207
  9. hp deskjet 3634 AIO printer

hp deskjet 3634 AIO printer: My granddaughter took the spring update 1803 when offered, since then she cannot use her hp3634 printer as says NO DRIVER. We have downloaded and installed the full feature software from HP and installed it but still doesn't work. The printer is only 2 years old so I...
  10. HP ENVY20 do10t AiO Desktop PC

in Windows 10 Support
    HP ENVY20 do10t AiO Desktop PC: I have an HP Envy20 d010t AiO touchsmart pc and just installed win 10 and it has been working fine and I restarted it today and the power button lights and the fan goes but the screen remains black. I can use my mouse but not my keyboard and every few minutes it sleeps for...