Windows 10: HP announces Education Edition laptops running Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support HP announces Education Edition laptops running Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, HP introduced new devices designed for education—the HP ProBook x360 11 G5 Education Edition and HP ProBook x360 11 G6 Education Edition.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

HP announces Education Edition laptops running Windows 10 Pro

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...gned-learning/

:)

Brink, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

Kari, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro Education Edition ISO?

Yeah, I'm well aware of that. No Product codes were listed for Pro Education last time I looked though. Or I'd be running it for a look see.

alphanumeric, Dec 3, 2019
  4. HP announces Education Edition laptops running Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro Education Edition ISO?

I know it exists, just haven't seen it actually installed on a PC. I have keys for Education and Pro for Workstation. I'm running Pro for Workstations on my laptop. No keys listed, last time I looked, for Pro Education though on my Enterprise Visual studio subscription?

alphanumeric, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

HP announces Education Edition laptops running Windows 10 Pro

1. HP announces Education Edition laptops running Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - announces Education Edition

2. Changing from oem windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 education pro Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing from oem windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 education pro Edition: Hi,I need to change the operating system Windows 10 Pro which was provided by the PC vendor as the default OEM os. However, because I want to set it up as a Kiosk, I would need to change the OS to the Windows 10 Education Pro edition.Is this possible? Does it incur additional...
  3. Changing from oem windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 education pro Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing from oem windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 education pro Edition: Hi,I need to change the operating system Windows 10 Pro which was provided by the PC vendor as the default OEM os. However, because I want to set it up as a Kiosk, I would need to change the OS to the Windows 10 Education Pro edition.Is this possible? Does it incur additional...
  4. Changing from oem windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 education pro Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  6. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  7. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Change edition from Windows 10 Education to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change edition from Windows 10 Education to Pro: Hello, I have a windows 10 education edition and want to change it to windows 10 pro. I tried to activate it using a product key. But it shows error. I have two product keys - VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T and W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX Someone please let me know how...
  9. Edition changed from Pro to Pro Education - Windows 10

Edition changed from Pro to Pro Education - Windows 10: I have a laptop that had Windows 10 Pro OEM 1511 activated. I wiped the system drive & did a clean install of Windows 10 1709 on it. It installed properly and when online it activated itself successfully. However I am surprised to find that the version of Windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Education Edition ISO?

Windows 10 Pro Education Edition ISO?: Hey WIndows 10 Forums! I bought a secondhand PC and realized it came with Windows 10 Pro Education edition. Naturally, my first move is to wipe the preinstalled Windows install and run my own fresh copy. I plugged in my recent USB for Windows 10 64-bit, and when I plugged in...