Windows 10: HP Audio Switch

Discus and support HP Audio Switch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC is an HP AIO desktop using Windows 10 version 1809, the HP Audio Switch came already installed and it all works fine. HP Support Assistant has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cherokee, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Cherokee Win User

HP Audio Switch

My PC is an HP AIO desktop using Windows 10 version 1809, the HP Audio Switch came already installed and it all works fine.
    HP Support Assistant has now listed an Audio Switch update which I have not yet installed.
    I have surfed the web trying to find out what this switch actually does. It appears to control speakers between apps.

I only have my one computer and no other apps. Thus there is only the one set of PC speakers involved.
    In my case this switch seems redundant and I am considering leaving it alone and not installing the new update.

The last thing I need is for my audio/sound to fail.
    So briefly -
    1. Is the HP Audio Switch essential for my audio/sound ? No switch - no sound ?
    2. If it is not, then I will ignore the matter and not install the update. Leave well alone.
    3. If it is, then I will install the update.

Your comments please would be gratefully received.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody replied to this issue, so here is my conclusion.

Malwarebytes AdwCleaner listed the HP Audio Switch as pre-installed unnecessary crap and wanted to delete it.
    I have not deleted it as it is doing no harm, albeit also doing no good. Let sleeping dogs lay.

So that answers and concludes my problem.

:)

Cherokee, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Cherokee Win User

HP Audio Switch

My PC is an HP AIO desktop using Windows 10 version 1809, the HP Audio Switch came already installed and it all works fine.
    HP Support Assistant has now listed an Audio Switch update which I have not yet installed.
    I have surfed the web trying to find out what this switch actually does. It appears to control speakers between apps.

I only have my one computer and no other apps. Thus there is only the one set of PC speakers involved.
    In my case this switch seems redundant and I am considering leaving it alone and not installing the new update.

The last thing I need is for my audio/sound to fail.
    So briefly -
    1. Is the HP Audio Switch essential for my audio/sound ? No switch - no sound ?
    2. If it is not, then I will ignore the matter and not install the update. Leave well alone.
    3. If it is, then I will install the update.

Your comments please would be gratefully received.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody replied to this issue, so here is my conclusion.

Malwarebytes AdwCleaner listed the HP Audio Switch as pre-installed unnecessary crap and wanted to delete it.
    I have not deleted it as it is doing no harm, albeit also doing no good. Let sleeping dogs lay.

So that answers and concludes my problem.

Cherokee, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Nov 20, 2019
  4. HP Audio Switch

HP Audio Switch no longer supported.

I recently just updated to Window's May 1903 version. I checked all apps I use to make sure they all function properly. Everything works fine but when I try to click on HP Audio Switch, I no longer have the option to into my Audio settings. When I try to
    click on HP Audio Control, it tells me "Realtek Audio Console doesn't support for this machine." This worked on previous versions of Windows. Is there a solution to this or do I have to wait for Microsoft to release a update?

julianrivera1, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

HP Audio Switch

1. HP Audio Switch - Similar Threads - Audio Switch

2. why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone: Hello, when i try and use my headphone's microphone on a video game or discord i havent had a need to use it elsewhere, the sound quality becomes terrible. It's only when i try and use the built in microphone to the laptop that the sound quality isnt awful, however, the mic...
  3. why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone: Hello, when i try and use my headphone's microphone on a video game or discord i havent had a need to use it elsewhere, the sound quality becomes terrible. It's only when i try and use the built in microphone to the laptop that the sound quality isnt awful, however, the mic...
  4. When I add an audio output source, Windows starts switching outputs until newly added...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I add an audio output source, Windows starts switching outputs until newly added...: I have had this issue with my Corsair headset and thought it was an issue exclusive to the headset, when I would remove the USB stick and reinsert it, my Windows 11 audio output would start constantly switching between outputs until it was disconnected.Now, I am learning this...
  5. When I add an audio output source, Windows starts switching outputs until newly added...

When I add an audio output source, Windows starts switching outputs until newly added...: I have had this issue with my Corsair headset and thought it was an issue exclusive to the headset, when I would remove the USB stick and reinsert it, my Windows 11 audio output would start constantly switching between outputs until it was disconnected.Now, I am learning this...
  6. Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices: I use an Audiobox USB audio interface for recording music but when I plug it in to my brand new laptop, it freaks out and rapidly switches between the audio interface and the built-in sound system, making the computer basically useless until I unplug it.The interface works...
  7. Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices

Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices: I use an Audiobox USB audio interface for recording music but when I plug it in to my brand new laptop, it freaks out and rapidly switches between the audio interface and the built-in sound system, making the computer basically useless until I unplug it.The interface works...
  8. how do I remove HP audio switch?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I remove HP audio switch?: due to the fact that HP stopped working in Russia, the bass stopped being heard on my headphones and hp audio control stopped working. I decided to install realtek hd to get rid of this. tell me how do I remove the HP audio switch and all its components?...
  9. how do I remove HP audio switch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I remove HP audio switch?: due to the fact that HP stopped working in Russia, the bass stopped being heard on my headphones and hp audio control stopped working. I decided to install realtek hd to get rid of this. tell me how do I remove the HP audio switch and all its components?...
  10. how do I remove HP audio switch?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download hpaudioswitch