Windows 10: hp battery is dead

Discus and support hp battery is dead in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; CAN I PURCHASE A NEW BATTERY FOR MY HP desktop 9USU43L... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kathleensauro, Jan 28, 2022.

1. hp battery is dead

CAN I PURCHASE A NEW BATTERY FOR MY HP desktop 9USU43L

:)

kathleensauro, Jan 28, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Jan 28, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    battery not charging on my hp notebook

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that your laptop’s battery is not charging. We would like to know, if you get a message stating plugged in not charging when hovering the mouse over the battery icon.

If you see the message plugged in not charging, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Battery.
    3. Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, and select
      Uninstall.
    4. Click OK to confirm.
    5. Restart the computer.

You may also want to look at the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the HP articles

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows)
    and

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 28, 2022
  4. Dave1776 Win User

hp battery is dead

Laptop Battery dead

Hi

Windows 10

A 2 fold question. I have an HP Omen Laptop and for some time now that battery refuses to charge. For long time though the computer recognized that there was a battery as it always said it had 92% charge remaining but it would not charge.

So first question is is there some setting I may have accidently bumped that would turn off charging ability?

Second part is unfortunately even though it had 92% charge apparently my power adapter was not fully seated one day and I didn't notice that it was running on battery power until the laptop just shut off one day no warnings or anything about battery power levels.

Then recently I started to get this windows blue screen saying there was some error and needed to restart. I searched the error code and they suggested doing a Windows Memory diagnostic check and it also did indicate that power supplies could be a cause of the issue.

So I went ahead and checked using the WDT and if returned that there was some hardware issues and to contact the manufacturer.

But not going to go that route as would probably just replace the system if I had to.

But my second question is this. If it is the dead battery causing these blue screens like the article mention could be a potential cause is there a way to get windows to ignore the fact that the battery is dead especially since I use a power supply 99.9% of the time.

The battery on this laptop is internal (Didn't realize that when I bought the system) so can't easily change it short of pulling the back off. But is there a way to get windows to ignore the state of the batter?

Thanks
    Dave

Dave1776, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

hp battery is dead

1. hp battery is dead - Similar Threads - battery dead

2. Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.: Acer model Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L dead battery won't charge after Windows 11 FB5034765 update. Checked power supply voltage 19.35 Laptop running slower than normal. Everything worked great before update....
  3. Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.: Acer model Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L dead battery won't charge after Windows 11 FB5034765 update. Checked power supply voltage 19.35 Laptop running slower than normal. Everything worked great before update....
  4. Can a dead battery cause a plugged in tablet to randomly shut down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a dead battery cause a plugged in tablet to randomly shut down?: HiI recently bought a Toshiba Encore Mini, I've always wanted to mess around with a Windows 8.1 tablet, but it has serious problems. It seemed to be working ok, but I noticed the battery will not charge. It's been at 0% all day, then It just randomly started shutting down....
  5. Can a dead battery cause a plugged in tablet to randomly shut down?

Can a dead battery cause a plugged in tablet to randomly shut down?: HiI recently bought a Toshiba Encore Mini, I've always wanted to mess around with a Windows 8.1 tablet, but it has serious problems. It seemed to be working ok, but I noticed the battery will not charge. It's been at 0% all day, then It just randomly started shutting down....
  6. Stolen Laptop Will not Lock. Also said battery dead when it was just Taken off charge!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen Laptop Will not Lock. Also said battery dead when it was just Taken off charge!: How is it that Microsoft and the Government can track your device when it is dead, off, all location and information hidden, yet the option to lock or locate a device when it's just stolen and in sleep mode doesn't work at all!!No feedback is given to your email when...
  7. Stolen Laptop Will not Lock. Also said battery dead when it was just Taken off charge!

Stolen Laptop Will not Lock. Also said battery dead when it was just Taken off charge!: How is it that Microsoft and the Government can track your device when it is dead, off, all location and information hidden, yet the option to lock or locate a device when it's just stolen and in sleep mode doesn't work at all!!No feedback is given to your email when...
  8. my battery is dead and i use my laptop on ac power battery % is 0 and it never fills up and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my battery is dead and i use my laptop on ac power battery % is 0 and it never fills up and...: I have a hp notebook da 1058tu laptop its battery is dead it never charges up the windows update asks for 40% battery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-is-dead-and-i-use-my-laptop-on-ac-power/cb183f9e-38c0-43af-a19e-b3c87270ee82
  9. my battery is dead and i use my laptop on ac power battery % is 0 and it never fills up and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my battery is dead and i use my laptop on ac power battery % is 0 and it never fills up and...: I have a hp notebook da 1058tu laptop its battery is dead it never charges up the windows update asks for 40% battery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-is-dead-and-i-use-my-laptop-on-ac-power/cb183f9e-38c0-43af-a19e-b3c87270ee82
  10. my battery is dead and i use my laptop on ac power battery % is 0 and it never fills up and...