Windows 10: HP comp won't boot after win 10 update

Discus and support HP comp won't boot after win 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've had my Envy desktop for two years now and 4 the fourth time, my comp will not bootup after a win 10 update. before, hp would assist me to resolve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Emeraldrobertson, Jun 6, 2019.

1. HP comp won't boot after win 10 update

I've had my Envy desktop for two years now and 4 the fourth time, my comp will not bootup after a win 10 update. before, hp would assist me to resolve this however now they refuse and suddenly insist that it is a MS problem. I do not think so. In researching this, I have found numerous complaints about this problem specific to HP. I will NOT be buying from HP in future and am sticking to Dell. The comp refuses to recognize my boot or sign in passwords and therefore I cannot load windows which renders the computer useless. I am not spending another penny on tech service for this POS! I have never been so dissatisfied with a brand comp in my life and started working with computers in the 80's and even building my own. However I am now visually impaired and cannot do it on my own. Beware to HP users and future buyers...do NOT buy HP! If anyone can come up with something please post it. All of my business records are on that comp and I cannot afford to lose them again.

:)

Emeraldrobertson, Jun 6, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Win 10 won´t boot up, only hp logo shows

Hi, I searched for
    "how to access bios HP laptop"

HP Notebook PCs - BIOS Setup Information and Menu Options | HP® Customer Support

suggests
    F1 or F10
    Enter Setup at the red Compaq logo or blue HP logo

So when you see the HP logo (or just before) start pressing one of those.

As you can't boot your PC, your only hope of recovery is if you can boot it not from its internal disk, but from something else.

That way you have a chance of running System Restore, or restoring the registry backup. And at least you can see if you can still access the hard disk inside your PC.

Whatever you need to do will, I think, be well outside your comfort zone, so I would strongly suggest you seek help from a friend or relative.

Do you have a bootable flash drive or DVD for Win 10?
    (Your laptop apparently has a DVD drive)
    HP ProBook 6440b (NN230EA) specifications

Please download and burn a DVD for Kyhi's bootable disk available from the top of the Software and Apps section here. This should give you a Win 10 style desktop.

However, to be able to boot from it you probably need to change the boot priority in your BIOS.

dalchina, Jun 6, 2019
  3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

HP comp won't boot after win 10 update [​IMG]

tamo, Jun 6, 2019
  4. tamo Win User

HP comp won't boot after win 10 update

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

HP comp won't boot after win 10 update [​IMG]

tamo, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

HP comp won't boot after win 10 update

1. HP comp won't boot after win 10 update - Similar Threads - comp won't boot

2. WIn 10 Update still saying my comp is not compatible with Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIn 10 Update still saying my comp is not compatible with Win 11: WIn 10 Update gave me a notice that my comp needed to have TPM enabled. I followed the Win procedure and disabled CSM and enabled TPM. Restarted and wanted to DL Win 11 but I'm still getting a notice about my comp not being compatible for Win 11. I used the Health Check tool,...
  3. win 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 won't boot: i tried sfc and wont work dism wont work bootrec same i tried the new thing called cloud download or local one both wont work windows was so slow i had to restart the windows and i was at start up / boot loop for more then 1 day...
  4. win 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 won't boot: win 10 won't boot. Message: "No bootable device Strike F1 to retry, F2 to enter setup, F5 to enter PSA: MS tech helped me yesterday when win wouldn't start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-wont-boot/f26ad556-1631-4979-b7a8-3df8102f8989
  5. Win 10 won't boot after disk check

Win 10 won't boot after disk check: Hello, today as usual I wanted to check and clean the c: ssd drive on which win 10 is installed. It started, and almost immediately found errors and wanted me to restart the PC. I pressed okay, it started loading and Bam, blue screen error. No worries after PC restart it...
  6. HP Printer Won't Print After Win 10 Home Update

HP Printer Won't Print After Win 10 Home Update: Previously, my HP Officejet 3830 worked just fine with Windows 10 Home. That changed after the last update. I have run the trouble shooters, reinstalled drivers and read as much as I can. The workaround is: send an office file to the printer on the printer,...
  7. can't log in to win 10 comp

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can't log in to win 10 comp: i started to log in to my win 10 comp as usual it said password was incorrect but it was't changed my password through microsoft accounts using an old Vista comp to acess my email to get the code i needed i change my password and tried to log in to my win 10 comp again it...
  8. Windows 10 update comp will not boot

Windows 10 update comp will not boot: Windows 10 did an update then could not finish so went to previous version When this happened it now starts the computer runs untill windows starts to boot then cycles back to reboot computer will not do anything else now. I even let it run over night to see it it just...
  9. Laptop won't boot after installing Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop won't boot after installing Win 10: I really have gotten myself into a bind here. Yesterday, I went to install Win 10 on an old laptop that I use for just browsing the web, and the kid uses to do homework, and sometimes play Starcraft. I had Win 7 Pro 32-bit installed on it. The installation went fine but then...
  10. Win 10 won't boot up after install updates ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 won't boot up after install updates ?: Hello & Thanks : Win 10 won't boot up after install updates . Well , not without entering F2/F12 setup . At set up I have to change boot device to dvd . Then change it again to boot device to hdd . Also , I get these updateHistory msgs: * "Failed to install"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. comp wwont boot after install