Windows 10: hp computer brand new. won't allow me to type to search in explorer completely

Discus and support hp computer brand new. won't allow me to type to search in explorer completely in Cortana to solve the problem; cannot type 50% of the time in explorer. when i do, i cannot press enter. i can only press the arrow button. any clue?? i think this happened after... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JoshuaCaleb, Apr 16, 2022.

1. hp computer brand new. won't allow me to type to search in explorer completely

cannot type 50% of the time in explorer. when i do, i cannot press enter. i can only press the arrow button. any clue?? i think this happened after upgrading to the latest version of windows 10. The full keyboard works in browsers, but not in explorer. i also noticed that the mouse/touchpad will not always work in explorer. it seems that h1h1 or whatever the version is called is not fully compatible with this laptop. it is bugged. just when i am trying to figure out how to put the software from the failing hard drive on it? is windows not good anymore?

:)

JoshuaCaleb, Apr 16, 2022

2. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 16, 2022
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Apr 16, 2022
  4. Paulb112 Win User

hp computer brand new. won't allow me to type to search in explorer completely

My Old computer to a Brand new computer

I have been running a HP Pavilion P7-1410 with operating version Windows 8.1. 6.3

I went out and bought a New HP Pavilion Both are desktops TP01-0165z operating version Windows 10 version number not sure haven't even hooked it up yet completely brand new..

I also have Ashampoo Backup New Version 15.

Is there any suggestions on how I should set my new computer up ?

Thank You in Advance
    Paul

Paulb112, Apr 16, 2022
Thema:

hp computer brand new. won't allow me to type to search in explorer completely

1. hp computer brand new. won't allow me to type to search in explorer completely - Similar Threads - computer brand won't

2. The search won't let me type anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The search won't let me type anything: I restarted my computer after installing iTunes and now it won't let me type in the search box in the start menu. If anyone knows what that means or needs any clarification, let me know. Thank you. submitted by /u/MotesBro [link] [comments]...
  3. Facebook messenger app won't allow me to "type" anywhere...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook messenger app won't allow me to "type" anywhere...: I can click on any menu but it won't let me type. That is one SERIOUS bug and it's nothing i'm doing wrong. I've been working on computers and OSes for 30+ years and i know how apps run. I've even tried running it in Admin mode, no luck.I first noticed the problem when i went...
  4. hp computer brand new. won't allow me to type to search in explorer completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp computer brand new. won't allow me to type to search in explorer completely: cannot type 50% of the time in explorer. when i do, i cannot press enter. i can only press the arrow button. any clue?? i think this happened after upgrading to the latest version of windows 10. The full keyboard works in browsers, but not in explorer. i also noticed that the...
  5. hp computer brand new. won't allow me to type to search in explorer completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp computer brand new. won't allow me to type to search in explorer completely: cannot type 50% of the time in explorer. when i do, i cannot press enter. i can only press the arrow button. any clue?? i think this happened after upgrading to the latest version of windows 10. The full keyboard works in browsers, but not in explorer. i also noticed that the...
  6. Windows search won't let me type

in Cortana
    Windows search won't let me type: Since the most recent June windows update I have been unable to click the search menu. Same goes for windows explorer, can't even highlight the search box to begin to type. Tried rolling back the update and going back but settings say I can't do that either...I've searched...
  7. Brand New HP computer, BIOS recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New HP computer, BIOS recovery: I just bought a brand new HP computer and have only used it two or three times. Today when I turned it on there was a loud siren, a blue screen and words about BIOS recovery. I hit the power button several times. Finally it sounded like something was booting, and...
  8. Windows Explorer Search Bar won't let me type in it

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Search Bar won't let me type in it: I switched to 10 from 7 yesterday because of the support drop, trying to get things how I like it, but something appears to be wrong with specifically the search bar in Windows Explorer, sometimes it works fine, but then when I go to click on it, nothing happens at all, it...
  9. Windows 10 - Search bar not allowing me to type

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Search bar not allowing me to type: Hi there, Since yesterday (15/01/2019) the search box on the taskbar will not accept any typing input. Normal behavior: Click in the white box where it says "Type here to search", and type. New, incorrect behavior: Click in the white box where it says "Type here to...
  10. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...