Windows 10: HP Computer is slow, Normal CPU is over 50% when using simple apllications.

Discus and support HP Computer is slow, Normal CPU is over 50% when using simple apllications. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, My name is Julian. My HP computer (3-4 months) has been running quite slowly. Even from the day I got it it has been slow, and now it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Julian Mo, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Julian Mo Win User

HP Computer is slow, Normal CPU is over 50% when using simple apllications.

Hi there, My name is Julian.

My HP computer (3-4 months) has been running quite slowly. Even from the day I got it it has been slow, and now it's gotten worse. After the computer goes to sleep, when I wake it up, it freezes for 1-5 minutes. Opening most apps brings the CPU to 100%, Opening Task Manager also brings it 100%, and just streaming videos brings it to 100%. I am very confused about why this is happening, so when I opened the task manager, I was shocked to find over 40 background processes running at once.

HP Computer is slow, Normal CPU is over 50% when using simple apllications. 29d932b6-44dd-4e54-b495-727f32b3413f?upload=true.png

This was Taken just as I was writing this message

Am I supposed to have this many processes at once? becaus eI feel having all these processes running at once is causing the computer to lag.

NOT SO FUN FACT: As I was writing this, my computer was lagging out quite a bit, with words not typing, then appearing, and the browser itself would freeze up.

So I ask you, what should I do?

Thanks, Julian

:)

Julian Mo, Dec 15, 2018

2. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    wsappx is using 50% of the CPU

Hi,

Wsappx is a Windows Store program that is trawling your computer for all installed apps and telling Microsoft what programs you have, what versions etc. If it’s using more than 50% of your CPU and causes trouble on your
    device, we would recommend that you disable it. You may follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Look for Administrative Tools.
    • Select Computer Management then Services, you will see this entry:

Windows Store Service (WSService) "Provides infrastructure..." [Status is blank] "Manual (Trigger Start)" "Local System"
    • Now you may disable it.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Windows Update Constantly Using 50% Of CPU.

Hi,

Conflicts with the start-up programs is one of the possible reasons why you are having a 50% CPU usage on your computer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to perform a clean boot on your computer to isolate the issue. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a
    program or an update or when you run a program. You can follow the steps on this

link
    to perform a clean boot on your computer.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1. HP Computer is slow, Normal CPU is over 50% when using simple apllications. - Similar Threads - Computer slow Normal

2. Windows Explorer using upwards of 50% CPU

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer using upwards of 50% CPU: On the latest update of windows 10, windows explorer is using upwards of 50% of my cpu consistently. Deleting temp files did nothing.I have no clue what is going on, so any help is appreciated.System Specs:i7-479016gb ram1tb hddnvidia quadro k2000 2gbchassis is an optiplex...
  3. Windows Explorer using upwards of 50% CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer using upwards of 50% CPU: On the latest update of windows 10, windows explorer is using upwards of 50% of my cpu consistently. Deleting temp files did nothing.I have no clue what is going on, so any help is appreciated.System Specs:i7-479016gb ram1tb hddnvidia quadro k2000 2gbchassis is an optiplex...
  4. Windows Explorer using upwards of 50% CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ntoskrnl.exe using 50% of cpu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ntoskrnl.exe using 50% of cpu.: The process appears as System in task manager and shows the .exe name when clicked on properties. Its using a lot of the cpu, and id like to know how to fix that. It wasnt like that a few days ago. Thanks submitted by /u/Luis_Santeliz [link] [comments]...
  6. cpu 100% and ram 50-60% usage when using the pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cpu 100% and ram 50-60% usage when using the pc: Hi Experts, I need your suggestions for the issue i am facing. recently upgraded to window 10 1093. since then i am having issues with my pc. When i open the chrome to browse the cpu usage showing 100% and ram to 50-60%. Please suggest. Regards, Rithvik Rai...
  7. System using 25% CPU when on a voice channel is that normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System using 25% CPU when on a voice channel is that normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GreenGlitchl [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e3v5vm/system_using_25_cpu_when_on_a_voice_channel_is/
  8. Windows Firewall taking over 50% of my CPU & slows down my PC greatly

Windows Firewall taking over 50% of my CPU & slows down my PC greatly: So I've had this problem with antimalwareexecutable for a long time so I decided to find a fix on it. I tried several fixes, including Firewall restarts, resets, malware cleaning, added it to the exclusion list, changed the schedule. Every single fix online that I could find,...
  9. MsMpENG.exe using over 50% of CPU.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpENG.exe using over 50% of CPU.: So I have tried everything I have read but this issue is not going away. So I can't seem to get this program to stop using all my cpu. I have tried the following I have read in the following order: 1. Told Windows Defender to stop scanning itself. 2. Installed a...
  10. Random BSOD when using computer normally

Random BSOD when using computer normally: I've been using my computer normally and over the past few days I've been getting BSODs that have become more an more frequent. The errors so far have been random but one of the recent ones was. Video_Memory_Management_Internal Any help is appreciated, ty. DM Log...