Windows 10: HP computer with windows OS 10s Need to know how to get info on an unknown user

Discus and support HP computer with windows OS 10s Need to know how to get info on an unknown user in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All! I am the older, non-techy, know nothing type of user. I want to find out info on an unknown user account on my computer. Its possible it's... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DCBcal, Apr 22, 2020.

1. DCBcal Win User

HP computer with windows OS 10s Need to know how to get info on an unknown user

Hi All! I am the older, non-techy, know nothing type of user. I want to find out info on an unknown user account on my computer.

Its possible it's related to an app or something I use...I just don't know. Tried what I could, watched youtube videos, still not understanding. Heres what it says:

I don't kmow if I should list the acct # here or unsafe?

L.defaultuser100000

Object name: z:\________________________________________

Devices Platform\L.__________________________

Help is appreciated. Its probably something of mine....but I don't know. Thanks in advance

:)

DCBcal, Apr 22, 2020

2. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Steve_809 Win User
    Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Paulieg Win User

Looking for a user friendly OS

i'm looking for a user friendly OS alternative to windows to try. I've never used anything except for windows. I'd like something that I can dual boot with and that has good stable drivers for video cards etc. Suggestions?

Paulieg, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. HP computer with windows OS 10s Need to know how to get info on an unknown user - Similar Threads - computer 10s Need

2. Windows media player -10s +10s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media player -10s +10s: is there an option to go back and forth of 10-second in the video using the keyboard arrows? and also pause/stop the video using the space bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-10s-10s/517aab7f-b11f-4734-b20e-152813612edb
  3. User info

in Windows 10 Customization
    User info: Why there are three different users, I am the only user. all accounts show the same email address.Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-info/6b821cc8-f27b-4cdf-9822-aa31f4301ccf
  4. Unknown user

Unknown user: I was curious about the version of my windows so I checked and I found a user that I haven't heard of under the "this product is listed under microsoft software license terms " is this normal or is my system compromised I did not create this user. [ATTACH]...
  5. I need help getting windows on my computer with no os

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help getting windows on my computer with no os: I recently built my first pc and I’m very new to all this though I’ve played tons on console in the past. Anyway I’ve finished building it and everything works it’s all plugged in and connected properly However I can’t get windows in my system cuz I only have Mac laptops any...
  6. Need info on how to use a second 'slave' computer.

Need info on how to use a second 'slave' computer.: I noticed somewhere that there was a place to assign a second computer as an auxiliarly computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-info-on-how-to-use-a-second-slave-computer/3a2c4377-63d7-4423-b2f4-ac1f6bf282e9
  7. Unknown user account on new computer

Unknown user account on new computer: I have bought my wife a laptop and a desktop over the past year and both have created an admin account named “carol” but we do not have access to this account. my wife’s name is not carol but both computers have the same admin account. Has anyone else had this issue? The...
  8. Will Windows 10S get the 1903 Build?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Windows 10S get the 1903 Build?: Hello, My current HP stream is on the 1809 build. I'm not getting the 1903 build when I check for updates. Will Windows 10S get the 1909 Build or I'm I missing something? Thanks,...
  9. Selling computer and need info removed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Selling computer and need info removed: Yes i am selling my gaming computer with windows 10 64 bit home and need to remove my login information completely so i can add a dummy account until they can add there information! How do i do that? 40603
  10. Need info on how to repair problems (chkdsk info)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need info on how to repair problems (chkdsk info): Hello, i ran a chkdsk and as you can see this is what it says , i don't know how to proceed with this. Thank you for your help 15709